Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

Posting for a friend. His company has this signature.

All information in this Communication, including attachments, is strictly confidential and intended solely for delivery to and authorized use by the addressee(s) identified above, and may contain privileged, confidential, proprietary and/or trade secret information entitled to protection and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, please take notice that any use, distribution or copying of this Communication, and/or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance upon it, is unauthorized and may be unlawful. If you have received this Communication in error, please notify the sender and delete this Communication from your computer.

Imagine seeing the same thing, but in both English and French

e:

Toutes les informations contenues dans la présente communication, y compris les pièces jointes, sont strictement confidentiels et destinés exclusivement à la livraison et l'utilisation autorisée par le(s) destinataire(s) identifié(s) ci-dessus, et peut contenir des informations privilégiées, confidentielles, propriétaires et / ou des secrets commerciaux ayant droit à la protection et / ou exempt de divulgation en vertu de la loi applicable. Si vous n'êtes pas le destinataire prévu, veuillez noter que toute utilisation, distribution ou copie de la présente communication et / ou toute mesure prise ou omise pour être fondée sur elle, est non autorisée et peut être illégale. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez en informer l'expéditeur et supprimer cette communication de votre ordinateur.

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Oct 10, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Did they get confused and think a "full stack engineer" is someone who puts cargo containers on top of each other

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Jato posted:

When I was 15 I downloaded a Linkin Park album without paying for it over the school’s network. I haven’t been employable ever since.

When I was 18, I frequented the BTB subforum, and ever since then i have posted on SomethingAwful

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

.gif -> hiff
.jpeg -> jay-feg
SCSI -> seck-see

Nah, the J is aspirated, it should be HAY-feg

e: or possibly YAY-feg

Canuck-Errant fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Nov 26, 2019

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

terrenblade posted:

I should clarify it's for a gift.

Bribe or repayment?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

PCjr sidecar posted:

The boot sniffing in the phoenix project was pretty lol

speaking of boot sniffing, remember when they tried to make CADPAT boots? lol

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

God, if only :smith:

Well, that and put elders on ice floes to die, and provide assistance during the Great Saskatchewan Seal Hunt :sasktear:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
We also use Jabber, but that's really only for sending links or ticket numbers since we're all in shouting range.

As an aside: Does anyone know anything about MAPIlabs Mail Merge Toolkit? A group in HR are using it so now I have to figure out and explain why it isn't working and get it working. :suicide101:

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

That is the worst snipe. Post a dog or a clean network cabinet

no such thing

e: i mean the cabinet, p sure dogs exist

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

What is rear end

You wanted rear end, but you can't have it
It's in your face, but you can't grab it

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Agrikk posted:

I cant remember the last time I saw a FNM reference

We're old, man

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Coming in on Monday to find out server maintenance on Friday took down both a client-facing portal and SCM is fun

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Double scotch and single cheeseburgers still on, right?

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Found out an hour before leaving overtime yesterday that outgoing emails weren't going out, but incoming ones were still coming in - and couldn't get hold of the networks team for a fix. Wheeeee

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Shut up Meg posted:

Were you emailing them?

Correction: outgoing *external* emails weren't going out. Apparently Networks were working on it "all night" but it still isn't fixed 12 hours later

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Agrikk posted:

I was in a city government and I was moving an office. When I was done the office manager told me that we had a $300,000 surplus that I needed to spend due to use-it-or-loose-it budget rules.

I ended up buying all kinds of stuff like new desktops and monitors, a whole cabinet full of servers, new network gear, the works. I basically moved the office and then bought enough gear to build two more offices from scratch.

A few weeks later as I’m unboxing all the kit the office manager comes back in a panic because apparently the $300k was a pooled fund for several departments and EVERYONE had drawn it down to zero so the fund was about to be about a million dollars overdrawn. I’m sitting in a room with thirty workstations that I was using as a folding farm and we won’t be able to buy tape or paper or toner.

Welp!

Sounds like a good time to go paperless~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

Grimey Drawer

CLAM DOWN posted:

All of Alberta is a shithole and it's getting worse fast.

Psh, clearly a Lib if you don't think the oil boom will come back just as soon as that new pipeline gets built

/s