Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Agrikk posted:

Even better: it’s no secret that I work at AWS and when people ask me what that is I say Amazon Web services. What they hear is “Amazon blah blah” and start asking me how come packages are getting mis-delivered to their apartment and I should do something about it.

Like I somehow have influence over the entire logistics chain of Amazon.

You're not fooling us, mister Bezos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

mllaneza posted:

How many of them are, or have been on fire ?

It's Canada, not Russia.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
So how many years are left until he spontaneously quits, then?

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
SARS was ~8000 cases and a little less than 800 people died. It wasn't even remotely like this epidemic.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Antigravitas posted:

I'm getting increasingly paranoid because there has not been an incoming ticket in hours what the gently caress is going on is everyone already dead and i'm taking care of an empty university.

The presence icon of my coworker (also working from home) just turned off :staredog:

Sorry to say, but we're all just zombies continuing to post like we did when we were alive.

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
I'm in a country that wasn't proactive enough and had to go into lockdown but managed to slow down the epidemic (for now). My workplace has had us working from home during the lockdown but we've been back in the office since the beginning of the month with a setup where half of the staff is present on alternating days, to respect social distancing rules. Having to ride the crammed subway to work was not a good excuse to keep working for home 100%. I still got permission to do it for health reasons. We're supposed to all go back in the office in September.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Spring Heeled Jack posted:

Had a recruiter from Palantir reach out on LinkedIn. These guys are like 100% evil right?

The company is named after a magic crystal ball that's used by the lord of evil to spy on his enemies and drive them to suicidal despair before crushing them with overwhelming military might. It's very "Are we the baddies?".