Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so his excuse is the Vice TV app was for his kids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

it's like reading an Xbox live ban appeal

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

the fact he got 800+ signatures on his petition really says something about the platform: https://www.change.org/petitions/sergey-brin-respect-the-efforts-of-small-and-indie-android-developers

I enjoy interacting with my customers directly, and am known to post updates hours or minutes after a bug is discovered by a customer... Android allows me to instantly update my app if a problem is reported.

then he can fix or take down his clearly infringing apps after two warnings.

So, I threw out my macs, smashed my iPhones, switched my whole family to Ubuntu and Android.

so apple made the rules crystal clear and he abandoned them. google has hosed his career and humiliated him, shouldn't he abandon them too?

People online talk of buying Google Play accounts from vendors in Europe.

better yet, he should just move to eastern europe. sounds like he has no problem putting his family in third-world conditions by making them use android and ubuntu.

In this new world of App stores, censorship and account termination, I feel like Borat.

oh great he'll assimilate easily.

My kid just a few weeks ago played some stupid game and I got a $29 bill.

do they really let you keep you buy apps after banning you from wallet and the store?

In this age of Google, it’s now “obey or face an instant lifetime ban.”

i think he can borrow a bitcoin disclaimer here: * instant after a few confirmations.

I also thought that these app bans were automated and once a human looked at my work it would be obvious what was going on. The app termination letters were not very clear in my opinion. If I thought a human at Google was giving me the warning, I might have listened more carefully... I assumed a human would be involved in any banning process and they would clearly see that I was not intending to fool anyone and that my apps were harmless.

he expects them to be human, but assumes they are robots. maybe they are robots that look like humans... cyborgs they're called???

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

really a waste of time quote mining it because it's all good

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

what if he never really stopped making apps for Apple and this is satire.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

why does she have teeth?

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

Improbable Lobster posted:

like the blackmailer contacted him pretending to be a hitman and offered to kill himself or something

there was a list of people he wanted dead, and i believe he hired someone who "knew the hells angels" which is a canadian biker gang.

but you could still be right.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

y'all should witness my sacrifice of care

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

is that a huge android in your pocket

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

wait, why are we talking about bitcoin in here? theses aren't the same people, right?

also peep scorned google scammer on github: https://github.com/googlecast/CastCompanionLibrary-android/issues/83#issuecomment-47721077

googlecast/CastCompanionLibrary-android

Steve Gehrman sgehrman commented on Jun 28

I've been trying for 4 months to get my Google Play account back, but I've been unsuccessful so far. I thought Google promised to not be evil? I've got a wife and kids dudes. Quit being lame. I need my account back and now resorting to spamming github to find a kind soul who will help.

naddafnaddaf closed this on Jun 28

Steve Gehrman sgehrman commented 29 days ago

Sorry I asked. I should have known a hyper logical, authoritarian Google employee would never understand families and compassion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

how fitting his display picture on his official company (?) website is an anime pirate

e: oh i get it, both he and the bitcoin guy are both copyright infringers.

Werthog 95 posted:

yeah somebody already posted that

and he's a big bitcoin enthusiast, that's why

maybe i skipped a page by mistake my bad

• Locked thread