Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

a repost but a drat good one because loving lol at this rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

The suspension email stated that I was trying to impersonate another company, and that this was forbidden. I had no intention of impersonating anyone. The apps description on the store had a clear disclaimer. The app itself had a easy to find disclaimer dialog. Anyone using my simplistic beta quality app would know instantly that this is not “official” and 100% of the apps content was pulled directly from YouTube including the icon. You could say my app was a minimal web browser that just reformatted the data using native Android widgets. I thought, if you can get the exact same info using a browser, what’s the difference? I thought I was safe...

What is an app? It’s just a container for content. Shouldn’t the app name inform the user of the content? One of my apps contained the channel id for Vice.com. Since the length of the app name is so limited I decided on “Vice TV” It was simple informative and it fit on screen just right. I didn’t think they would mind, I thought I was doing them a favor. Pointing people to their great content. It’s free advertising and I was in no way profiting from using this name. Users loved this app.

I own a software company. If a third party made a free fan app pointing to my products, I would be ecstatic! Who doesn’t want fans and free marketing?

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

I thought I was innocent. I was accused of trying to impersonate another company and in my mind I was in no way trying to give that impression. If I misunderstood what impersonating means, well sorry I’m not a lawyer and don’t know exactly where the line is drawn.

quote:

100% of the apps content was pulled directly from YouTube including the icon. You could say my app was a minimal web browser that just reformatted the data using native Android widgets.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

It’s free advertising and I was in no way profiting from using this name. Users loved this app.

~430 characters later~

quote:

I was also secretly hoping I would get a contract job out of this or someone might say, “Hey, add my blog and Facebook pages and I’ll buy the app from you.”

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

voted 5 because i got to read this idiot's rambling denial of wrongdoing that ends up being a literal confession of wrongdoing

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

"all of these roms are provided for backup purposes only. i am not making any money off of these! if you like the game then buy it‼ if you are a federal agent google employee you have to leave now under the jurisdiction of president bill clinton!"

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's a word-picture

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Blackula69 posted:

pro tip: literally everyone who claims to be a contract killer is a law enforcement officer

movies and television have tricked people into thinking that society is absolutely swimming with hitmen

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

Maurice "Mom" Boucher (born June 21, 1953) is a convicted murderer, reputed drug trafficker, and outlaw biker—the former President of the Hells Angels' Montreal chapter.[1] Boucher led Montreal's Hells Angels against the rival Rock Machine biker gang during The Quebec Biker War (French: Guerre des motards) of 1994 through 2002 in Quebec, Canada. In 2002, Boucher was convicted of ordering the murders of two Quebec prison guards (as an effort to destabilize the Quebec Justice system), and is currently serving three life sentences in a Canadian prison.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

duTrieux. posted:

Guerre des motards

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

quote:

quote:

Quote from: BadBear on October 27, 2011, 12:24:07 PM
I may be interested in investing, what's your experience in business/management, or do you have a portfolio outlining who you are and your previous accomplishments? Do you have a business plan, income projections, or a market analysis of the town the theatre is in?
The only real experience in business management is the group I ran in SL for a number of years. I did take a management class once but it was passed off as course credit instead of an actual certificate. I can direct you to several people and their email address that can contest to how well I run things. I do have a business plan, the median income is $35k a year. I spent 8 months living in Rochelle and know all of downtown and most of the outskirts like the back of my hand. Besides the theater, there are maybe one or two other places that are up for sale/lease.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

it's hard to talk about oblivious idea-men without bitcoin becoming involved in some way

• Locked thread