Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

gurren lagann is a better children's anime than doctor who

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

fatherboxx posted:

Gurren Lagann is great but it is one of a kind since it was a giant money sink and nobody would give so much cash to Imaishi, Sushio and Yoshinari ever again RIP

they made kill la kill though

and anime animation doesn't cost money, it costs time, and because most anime makes its money on merchandise sales they would rather put out a poorly animated show on time to drive merch sales than a good looking one late. redline was made by like ~50 people over about 8 years. even then i'm pretty sure gurren lagann made money.

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 20, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

i mean, klk was made after they all left gainax and formed a brand new studio, so i don't think it's really fair to say anime is dead or whatever because they weren't given a truckload of money for their first real project. anime was always dead

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Nov 20, 2015

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Toxxupation posted:

that line is so loving bad though. just. jesus fuckin christ

much like anime and doctor who, superhero shows are for children

• Locked thread