Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Look.

Every cocksucker who hates on this speech misses a really good argument: this should have been his death speech. This ought to have been his last stand, his final monologue in a lifetime filled with overblown monologues. Shoulda killed him stone loving dead and started Capaldi right then and there. That's the trouble with the Smith/Moffat era - they go for these super high notes, and they gently caress it up by not having consequences. Amy's story ended at God Complex, but then she got three other jumping off points before they had to use a plot bomb to write her off.

Same with Smith speeches. They already used the device, then inverted the device in Time of Angels and Pandorica Opens. They keep using it, and with the stakes as high as they were, choral opus cranked to Murray Gold/10, Matt Smith needed to fuckinf get sucked dry and left as Capaldi. It was loving over.

The lessons of Season 6 were still being learned in Season 7.5.

All that said, gently caress you all, that speech is Extremely My poo poo. And it dropped a Celestial Toymaker / Mind Robber reference. I liked this episode then and now, and anyone wrong needs some black site reeducation. Get your mind right fucker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Bown posted:

Welcome to the thread, Your Boy Fancy!

I haven't watched an EPISODE lately. Well. I have. But I don't write about it. You've known me.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Forgot this episode existed.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Doctor Who is a fun television show. Let's all watch it.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
Grade: C

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I like Doctor Who.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
I watched Doctor Who. It's a show about a guy that doesn't like a lot of things except running around and getting lost. He's a good role model, because most of us run around and get lost. He also hangs out with pretty girls, and they stay because he doesn't try to gently caress them.

These are important lessons. Please watch that show, so you learn.

• Locked thread