Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

maxallen posted:

I didn't watch raw but I heard Cesaro vs Cena was a 4* PPV quality match?

HM in the Match Of The Year thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Gonz posted:

I've always been a fan of all three members of the Shield; Reigns worked best as part of a team, where Ambrose and Rollins could cover up a lot of the rough edges that he had in the ring. It was inevitable that once all three of them went their seperate ways, that Reigns was going to need the most work.

I'm confident he'll continue to improve in a lot of different ways as time progresses, though. Isn't the whole general idea for him to win the Rumble next year and then possibly win the title from someone big like Brock or Cena at Mania? I'm sure Hunter & Pals will see to it that he's ready for when the time comes.

He's not 100% atrocious in the ring right now, even if his promo-cutting skills are limited to GRRRRRRR I'M THE BEST YOU STINK I'M GONNA BEAT YOU. He'll never be a Ric Flair or CM Punk on the mic, but if he's supposed to be the next King poo poo in the company, they'll train the everloving poo poo out of him so he can at least get on the microphone and not sound like a See 'n Say.

Honestly, Reigns has 5 months to be a main event star, or at least as good as Orton, because he's getting a Batista reaction if he wins the Rumble in this quality. Especially if Bryan comes back at or before that time/crowd gets really really hot for Ambrose.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Ricardo Rodriquez/El Local posted:

I have come to terms with WWE on my release. I want to thank them for a great 4 years. But I miss wrestling

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Blasmeister posted:

Shaemus. I doubt he remembers he's champ either. Not sure why they're keeping him and the title off tv/ppv so much lately tbh.

Currently very sick.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Another Person posted:

Still watching Main Event, and I realised something. As long as I have been watching again, ADR has been completely unable to pick up any heat. Has he ever had heat? I didn't see anything where he was a main eventer, I only came back around the Rumble.

Right before WM27, yes.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Another Person posted:

I like watching Main Event, Superstars and Smackdown more than Raw. You see more wrestling, and all of my favourite guys are not in the main event. I never get to see Ryder, so any time with him is alright. He actually seems to be decent enough in the ring now too. I'd never seen Tyson Kidd before tonight, he was good too. I am way more invested in the mid-card and undercard than the main event. I am super fed up seeing HHH cut 15 min promos.

And I'll have to watch the pre-WM27 stuff now. I like ADR and it is sad that no matter how he tries, the crowd refuses to budge on him.

If you like Tyson at all watch more NXT, he's a very big part there.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
By the way, irreverent, but PPV buys so far:

quote:

* WrestleMania XXX drew 690,000 buys, down from 1,039,000 last year

* Extreme Rules drew 108,000 buys, down from 231,000 last year

* Payback drew 67,000 buys, down from 186,000 last year

* Money In the Bank did 122,000 buys, down from 199,000 last year

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
More Meltzer notes about WWE finances:

quote:

WWE network will offer a $19.99 per month price for those who don't want to commit to the six month period. It's clear from the number of people who dropped the network even with the commitment in place that it will be much easier to just order at $9.99 and stop paying.

A one-time payment plan has been offered. Currently subscribers are billed $9.99 per month, but now they can sign up for $59.94 and be billed all at once. The hope is that people will sign up to be billed all at once which saves money for people who decide to drop.

The network has 700,000 subscribers as of 6/30. They didn't give an updated number. Between 4/7 and 6/30 they added 161,000 subscribers, but had 128,000 cancellations. They wouldn't give details but this is likely shortly after WrestleMania when they had the big jump in subscribers.

The cancellation number is the huge story here.

The network will be available in 170 countries on August 12. The key countries that affects are Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Singapore, Mexico, Spain, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

They are targeting October for the U.K.

Countries like Italy, UAE, Germany, Japan, China, Thailand and Malaysia would be available at a date to be announced

WWE signed a ten year deal with Rogers Communications for exclusivity in Canada through 2024. This will include all current programming. The WWE Network will be offered as a traditional television PPV channel in Canada starting August 12. That explains the recent Observer report of WWE purchasing transponder time and testing out the network feed, as a prelude to a television availability. Rogers will own not only the broadcast rights but the digital rights to all the major WWE television shows.

There will be massive cost cutting internally. These costs will save the company $10 million this year and $30 million in 2015.

The cutting wasn't specified past a seven percent reduction in the workforce. It was noted that with the reduction in the work force, there will be a one-time loss of $4.5 million for severance packages taken during the current third quarter.

They will add Monday Night War and WWE Rivalries to the program schedule shortly.

If they average 650,000 subscribers in the third quarter, they estimate OIBDA losses of $12 to $17 million in the next quarter, but with the cost cutbacks, annual OIBDA losses would be $25 million to $35 million. Previously they had estimated annual losses (not OIBDA, but total losses) at $45 million to $52 million.

The network itself lost $15.5 million in OIBDA.

The cutbacks are so significant that they now feel they can break even on 500,000 subscribers in 2015 as opposed to 1.4 million subscribers and at 1.5 million subscribers they will have OIBDA of $100 million to $120 million, which is more than they had pre-network.

For the quarter, the company recorded $156.3 million in revenues and lost $14.5 million.

The WrestleMania quarter last year took in $152.3 million in revenues and had $5.2 million in profits.

On a world wide basis, WrestleMania did 690,000 buys, Extreme Rules did 108,000, Payback did 67,000 and Money in the Bank did 122,000. For 2013, those shows did 1,104,000; 245,000, 198,000 and 223,000 last year. Keep in mind U.S. totals for all shows were way down, but in theory (not fact), international should be the same. It's not, due to the number of international subscribers to the network.

TV revenue was up from $38.7 million to $43.8 million due to Total Divas and some international contract gains.

Digital media was down from $7.4 million to $5.2 million due to less Internet PPV purchases of WrestleMania and the other shows.

House show attendance was up 13% domestically, misleading because they had 11 fewer shows, meaning the higher attended TV tapings make the average look higher. Because of fewer events and smaller overall attendance, arena merchandise was down 7%. This doesn't include WrestleMania, which was down this year due to a lower attendance and gate. International was down 8%

Licensing was down due to lower video game sales.

WWE shop revenues increased 33% from $3 million to $4 million because of an increase in orders. A lot of that increase was due to a new distribution model in the U.K. utilizing Amazon.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Luigi Thirty posted:

Bryan's most likely done until the 2015 Rumble per the Observer. Sting's going to be in LA for Summerslam presumably to meet with Vince.

They know if Bryan's going to be in, he has to win, right? Otherwise the other winner (Reigns, probably) will get booed in response.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Auron posted:

Cena isn't losing to Lesnar Bryan in any sort of clean fashion,

• Locked thread