Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

quote:

Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton didn’t happen. Orton attacked Reigns as Reigns made his entrance, assaulted him for several minutes and gave him two RKOs onto (and then through) the announce table.

This is slightly off (not that it really matters) - was supposed to be Reigns versus THEDEMONKANE. Then Orton attacked during Reigns' entrance like you said, Reigns fought off both guys for a bit then Kane chokeslammed him and was like "Eh...gently caress this, I'm out" and left Randy to do a lengthy beatdown. Before the match HHH riled Orton up backstage by saying that he wasn't going to get a title shot so long as Reigns was going to be a problem and Orton did a lot of jawing about how Reigns stole his title shot during the beatdown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

keevo posted:

Also why the gently caress did they end Bo's streak tonight? I just wanted 21 and Bo.

I think it was the right move to end it now and move on to Bo snapping and doing a post-match beating. Too many more weeks of Bo spouting his catchphrase and winning a 30 second match and he's into Adam Rose territory. You have to pull the trigger on the rest of his character pretty quick if you want anyone to keep caring about him.

Cromulent posted:

They said he was on a "promotional tour", but then he appeared in the dark segment, so who knows. Smarks will probably say they're trying to cool him down since he's been getting the biggest pops, but there have been plenty of times were Cena isn't on the show, but is in the dark match.

triplexpac posted:

I just assume WWE has painted themselves into a corner, where now if Dean isn't around loving up Seth's life it seems really weird. So they need to find reasons to keep them apart, which is hard when you have to write like 6 hours of TV every week.

I also suspect they wanted to do the Randy Orton beatdown on Reigns segment and it would have been a little weird if Ambrose hadn't come out to interfere in such a long attack, even if the Shield is no more. I suppose they could have had Ambrose come out and Rollins stop him, but I think it was a smarter move to keep the focus solely on those two for that segment if they want a good build on that feud.

And yeah, they probably also wanted to do the Rollins/Jericho match with the Wyatt ending and it would have been weird if Ambrose was there but hadn't been involved in that. I suppose they could have used someone else in place of Rollins, but maybe Jericho wanted to work with him or something, who knows.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

DFu4ever posted:

One moment from Raw that hit me as really loving funny was when AJ was freaking out and tried to throw Paige into the steps, Paige just jumped over them and yelled "CALM DOWN!" at her. I kind of like the strange 'heel that doesn't think she's a heel' thing that Paige is doing, although there is a very good chance this isn't what they are actually trying to do and it's just Paige being bad at acting.

Either way, I'm amused by it.

Oh, it's definitely what they're doing. Watch the Smackdown segment that Jerusalem was talking about, it was pretty good. Sounded like Paige got some solid crowd heat for it, too.

Also:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

savinhill posted:

Because it was onscreen at Raw and the kickass returning hero shouldn't be looking like he's getting cozy with the badguy authority figures.

One thing people forget, or haven't pointed out, in all this discussion about Batista shaking HHH's hand was the second part of the equation, he then turned and refused Orton's handshake, and said he was going after him for the title. I don't think it was supposed to be some tremendous showing of love and affection for Trips (and it's not like shaking your boss' hand is a big thing, whether or not you like him), it was supposed to emphasize the disrespect toward Orton. Like "I'll even shake HHH's hand, but gently caress you." Whether or not it came across that way strongly enough, well, that's up for debate, but I can see what they were trying to do.

• Locked thread