Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Pierdnięcie

Waiting until near the very last, the Nephelai throws back his misty hair and strides forward with confidence, grinning from ear to ear. He draws from his belt a single rod of silver and holds it on high, the item bursting with power and transforming into a crackling, ever-moving bolt of lightning in his very hands. He speaks with a boisterous, bellowing voice.

"I am King Pierdnięcie the Electric of Stymphalos, Champion of Heus! I have been gifted with five bolts crafted by the very smith of the gods himself for the Almighty Heus, and deemed worthy to wield his power within this mortal plane to further glorify the Father of All!" He lowers his arm to shoulder level, still extended, and motions out over the crowd with his fist, trails of electricity coming from between his fingers.

"Like my parents before me, I am a Legionnaire of Delphoi! I have driven into the very depths of the afterlife to recover my lost love, and have faced Hadon himself for the soul of my beloved!" He thrusts the bolt back into his belt, where it returns to being a silver rod, and strides forward, his hands raised. "By Heus Almighty, the Behemoth shall be felled, and I shall find my destiny with the Seer Keraun!" He thrusts his fists into the sky with a roll of thunder, his hair falling about his face. He breathes heavily, his face manic with pride.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4593315/ Dynamism 6 + Attack Mode 10 + Righteous Authority +6 - 2. If RA doesn't apply, I'm at 24 instead, which is still good.

Name: Pierdnięcie
Epithet: The Electric [Attack Mode]
Race: Nephelai
God: Heuson

Profession: Nephelai Seer
Destiny: Survive the Seven Trials of Thunder, set forth by Heusian himself.
Fate: Kill the love of his life and be killed by his lover
Money: 350dm

Disadvantages:
Relationship - Level 3 - Wiatr; former lover who was killed in an accident, and retrieved from Hadon. Now plots revenge for being dead for over a year and losing everything.
Internal - Level 2 - Pride. Comes from a long line of heroes and princes; thinks way too much of self.
Internal - Level 1 - Weak of body. In exchange for the might of the heavens, he is weak of physicality.

Ambitions:
Gain favor with Heusian by surviving the Heart of Thunder on Lyon, so he may recgonize me as a potential champion.
Seek out Keraun, Seer of Heus, and earn a vision of the first Trial of Thunder.
Defeat the challenge that awaits me within the first trial; I know not what Heus will have me face, but his own weapons will not work on whatever I may face.

INT: +4
PER: +3
WIL: +4
CHA: +5
STR: -5
DEX: -5
CON: +2
SPD: +0
CR : +0
DYN: +6

HP: 28/28
Glory: 62
Hero Points: 15/15

Skills:
Mode (Attack) +10
Deduce Motive +1
Deception +2
Investigate/Search +2
Lore (The Gods) +6
Mode (Sensory) +10
Perform +4
Science (Theology) +5
Profession (Seer, PER) +10
Weapon (Thrown) +5

Talents:
Aura of Wisdom

Abilities:
Flight:
The Nephelai are able to use the natural air currents of their surroundings for limited flight. They may fly at SPD+10, or up to the speed of the wind in the area, provided they are flying in the direction of the wind. They may move directly into the wind by tacking, but do so at their normal SPD.

Intangibility:
Nephelai can change their density for a period of time, becoming wraithlike. The change takes one full round to complete and while in this state they cannot harm or be harmed physically (although Dynamism and sound attacks work normally). Items worn or carried by the Nephelai fall from the body and are not brought into the intangible state, leaving the Nepehlai naked. They may stay in this state for rounds equal to triple their WIL (minimum of 3 rounds). This feat may be done a number of times a day equal to their CON (minimum of once). Returning to normal happens instantly at the end of the round and requires no action.

Sound Manipulation:
A Nephelai can hear a whisper carried on the wind or send a message hundreds of miles on a breath of air. Nephelai may make sound-based perception checks with double PER (minimum +2). Nephelai may send a sound-based message over the air directly to their targets’ ear with a whisper at a range of 100 meters per rating of WIL (minimum of 100m).

Surviving in a Vacuum
A Nephelai may survive in vacuum by cannibalizing their bodies. A Nephelai may survive for one round per Hit Point spent. A Hero may do this for half his Hit Points before needing to make a normal CON roll for resisting he effects of a vacuum.

Righteous Authority
The Hero has an air of authority and leadership about them. When speaking to a group and issuing commands, the Hero receives a bonus of +2 and an additional +2 for every 30 Glory

Thunder
The Hero may create a burst of thunderous sound by spending an action in concentration. The sound starts as a low rumble in the chest of the Hero and issues forth with a loud roar from his mouth. The blast of thunder affects everyone in a radius equal to twice the Hero’s CHA Attribute in meters (minimum of 2m). Those within the area of effect must make a Resolve skill roll versus a DoD equal to the Hero’s CHA+2 or be stunned for combat rounds equal to the Hero’s CHA Attribute. The Hero may do this a number of times equal to his CON Attribute.

The Appetite of Heuson
The lord of the gods has insatiable appetites for beings of great beauty. To be worthy of the Hero’s passion, the being must have the
Enchanting Beauty talent and be someone the Hero might normally be attracted to (the Hero will not be attracted to the same gender if he is not inclined to). When the Hero is aroused to take part in something, he goes to the extremes and will not stop until his appetites are sated (Resolve skill roll DoD-3 plus one additional point for every 50 Glory beyond 50) The Hero will stop at almost nothing to bed the person and will use every resource at his disposal to accomplish the task. There is sometimes a product of the union no matter the being’s gender (the Hero must roll a CON roll DoD of -8). Any children will have some characteristic of the Hero and be favored by the gods, who will bestow some sort of gift upon them.

Bolts of Justice
The Hero is granted the use of Heuson’s greatest weapons — his bolts of lightning! The Hero is entrusted with a number of lightning bolts equal to his CHA Attribute (minimum of one). The bolts are small and unassuming silver cylinders, but when activated transform into blue-white bolts of dancing electricity. The bolts of lightning are thrown using the Weapon (Thrown) skill and strike for 10x CHA Attribute damage (minimum of 10 DR). The range for these bolts is equal to the Hero’s CHA in kilometers. Once all the bolts are used, the Hero must plead with Heuson at his sacred temple moon for more (DoD-6) and spend large amounts of drachmas in sacrifices. Note that this ability disregards the scale modifiers for normal attacks and may be used against a man-sized form or a capital ship with the same results.

Gear:
Diadalos hand comp
off-the-rack chiton and chlamys
small holy symbol
sacred scrolls
pine air freshener

Life Path:
Month of Birth: Maimakterion
Planet of Birth: Stymphalos
Parents: Parents dead and raised by relative
Parents' Social Station: Delphoi Legion
Family Status: Family is revered and guarded by the community
Siblings: One younger sibling
Relationship with sibling: You dislike them

Special Gift: Parent’s chiton clasp
Divine Heritage: Both parents have divine blood from their parents
Divine Mark: The God’s Sigil Upon his Person (+10 Glory and roll again); Larger than Normal. Double CON to determine Hit Points
Childhood Event: Met a ghost that told you of your tragic fate.

Callings:
First - Legionnare of Delphoi: Served as a planetary guardian on a foreign world. Gain +20 Glory. Age five years.
Second - Noble: Become the ruler of your birth planet! Aged one year.
Third - Priest: Traveled to the underworld and begged Hadon for the soul of a loved one. The dark god took pity on you and your gloomy story, and allowed you to leave with the loved one. Gain +10 Glory. Aged two years.
Fourth - Scholar: Solved a math equation that unlocked the untapped recesses of the mind. Gain +1 DYN. Aged three years.
Fifth - Legionnare of Delphoi: Played a game of chance with what you believed was a Titan and won. Gain +5 Glory and +1 in WIL

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Aug 4, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Pierdniêcie

After stroking his beard for a moment, the sorcerer turns to Cletus. "My friend, have you considered testing your peoples for the ability to wield magic? Even a small army of magical warriors could do much to protect your land, and if trained properly in the ways of the Delphoi Legion, they would blend in as any commoner. You would have, in a sense, a secret army, and with a properly trained seer, you could see a threat coming and prepare quietly, without letting your foe know you assemble."

Pierdniêcie swirls his wine, smiling brilliantly. "And the the Behemoth will be of no concern of yours for much longer, and I believe after some further questioning we can compose a plan to get these brigands out into the open. Though I must tell you.." He sets his goblet down, leaning back in his chair. "I seek one of my own, a man named Keraun. He is mightier than I, but leaves the world of man to their own devices, acting as a liaison between Zeus and those who would champion for him. Have you heard rumor of him?"

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Here is my trap idea, but on a Trojan scale.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Pierdniêcie

When he hears the cyclops' little speach, the ethereal sorcerer counts to three before bursting out from the back of the wagon, taking to the sky and crackling with electrical energy. He throws his hands out, letting the energy spiral up and around his arms, coalescing into spheres in his outstreched hands. "By the power of Zeus Almighty, I send you to Hades' domain!" Pierdniêcie clenches his fists around the spheres, causing the power to trickle through his fingers before he flings the spheres at two of the pistol wielding bandits.

Spending 2 HP to do two actions without penalty.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4617475/ 30 - 3 for AoE - 10 for damage = 17, success!
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4617488/ 22 - 8 Ability = 14, + 6 from 3 HP = 20, CRIT

Inflicted 10 damage to two guys, and critcal injuries as well. No idea what that'll mean, or if I did more damage or not! :v: I am down to 10 HP.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Does he get a penalty to his tackle for the fact I'm flying? :v:

e: also since i've lost my book i haven't bought any armor sooo what i do

John Dyne fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Aug 28, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
Pierdniêcie

The sorcerer glares down at the man who has grabbed onto his ankle and foot, disgust on his face. "You dare judge yourself worthy to touch the flesh of a king, to assail a son of the father of all gods? You have made your very worst and very last mistake, fool!" With that, Pierdniêcie throws his gaze skyward and hurtles forward into the heavens, with the poor bandit trailing behind him and grasping on for dear life.

As he flies upwards, the windman grins down at the bandit. "I am certain you will want to be let done to feel the embrace of the planet once again, my idiotic friend, but the question remains at what speed you wish to do so. Perhaps one of your fellows below can catch you?" He gives a predatory grin to the man before looking skyward again. "If only you had any information to dissuade me from simply turning intangible and sending you hurtling to your death."

I am flying straight up as fast as I can at the rate of 65 meters per round. I hope this dude has a fear of heights.

• Locked thread