Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
Chris "Double Tap" Johnson

Chris was everything Ares wanted. The son of two hard working wageslaves, Chris was put into several classes to determine his potential, and, after it was deemed high enough, was transitioned into advanced classes and given a full corporate SIN. After plenty of training, he was marked as being especially geared for "Outside Resource Management and Acquisitions." Or, if you want, handling Runners. He was even born with the last name Johnson, how perfect is that? Those who perform well for Ares are rewarded, too, and Chris' life went beyond never wanting and into fully fledged luxury.

His first job was to be sent into Texas. Ares has long wanted a much bigger foothold in Texas; it's gun market is rife for exploitation, it's culture seems uniquely vulnerable to Ares' "Guns, Apple Pie, Eagles, and America" advertising, and any chance to embarrass and take over Lone Star is appreciated. His first mission should've been easy enough in theory, but difficult in execution; hire two groups of Runners, one to create, the other to then sabotage, a Lone Star operation. Hard to pull of a double run, especially in your first go, while keeping both sides ignorant of each other AND doing the legwork for Ares to come out looking golden. He found the right Fixer. Got two promising groups. Even let them negotiate him up to his actual set price. Both runs went fantastically. Lone Star looked like utter buffoons and Knight Errant swooped in to save the day. He paid the Runners. Chris looked the very model of the perfect Johnson. All in all a perfect, tidy job.

But it wasn't MEANT to be.

Unknown to Chris, he had gotten entangled in some "minor" office politics. One rear end in a top hat named Kent Davidson from accounting had noticed how much money was being pushed into Runners in Dallas and thought he could shave off a few percentile points. He just needed an appropriate failure as an example. Chris wasn't without friends in the office, and when Davidson's NEXT, far more lethal ploy, was about to come into play, he found out. And dropped out - left the reservation completely, Corporate SIN still locked up in Ares. No word to anyone where he was going or why.

Davidson hasn't gone looking. He got what he wanted; Chris is gone, his leaving grants proof of too much leniency with Ares Runner protocol, and someone got a minor promotion for instituting new policies regarding Ares Johnsons in the Dallas area. Nothing personal. It's just business.

For now, "Double Tap" lives in a lovely apartment, dreaming of those luxury days - that he's GOING to have again. He doesn't so much mind not working for Ares, but the loss of that lifestyle, now that's unforgivable. He's been slow. Meticulous. His rolodex is filling out. He's meeting people, making sure he knows the right person in the right place. Gangbangers, cops, activists, even a journalist, all in his tidy list of contracts. In this industry it's not what you do, it's who you know. Well, ok, it's BOTH, but Chris is good at both. The penthouse is gonna be his. Just gotta keep patient. Just gotta keep running.

And if he gets to fill that rear end in a top hat Davidson with lead? Bonus.

ProfessorCirno fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 3, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

Oo Koo posted:

Sure, what level of lifestyle were you thinking? I've got the character sheet about ready, just need to do a background writeup and generate some names.

Now I just need to figure out an appropriate corp and write something about the contacts.

E2: I'm thinking Mitsuhama, since they have paws in both magic and technology, so training agents that use analyze device and skillwires seems just like something they'd do.

Mitsuhama works for me.

I was gonna go Low, because lifestyle is hella expensive for me, and I dump-statted Resources. If you want to stick with medium (and since you're hella rich, I wouldn't blame you), I can fly solo.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Thinking making a foreigner magemedic who crossed a the wrong people and fled their homeland.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
So do I need to bother buying a license for a restricted -> nothing weapon?

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Majuju posted:

Nope.

Sadly, thanks to dump-statting Resources, I don't even have enough money to afford even a discounted grenade launcher. :negative:

Al is the essence of subtlety.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Thanatosian posted:

Sadly, thanks to dump-statting Resources, I don't even have enough money to afford even a discounted grenade launcher. :negative:

Al is the essence of subtlety.

Gives you something to spend your money from runs on. My submission is gear light since it fits his backstory and lets him buy some things during/after runs to make small improvements.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Would pollen count as common or uncommon for allergies?

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

ProfessorCirno posted:

Because it's so DM based, how often or how lenient are you to regaining Edge? I'm thinking of going Former Mr Johnson / Mr Lucky.

The full night's rest thing, obviously, and it will be refreshed between runs. Beyond that, I'll likely reward group edge refresh after major objectives are accomplished in the run. I'll likely only enforce the 'per-day refresh' rule if y'all are on a multi-day run that requires a lot of poo poo going down.

Mr Tastee posted:

New to Shadowrun and still reading up on the fluff. How plausible is a middle-class office drone who took up shadowrunning as a result of his mid-life crisis?

Totally.

Majuju posted:

Nope, free to own it.

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Would pollen count as common or uncommon for allergies?

Common come springtime. ;)

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jul 30, 2014

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Snowstorm
Gunbunny adept

A 3rd generation immigrant from a Russian family and the son of a local businessman in UCAS, Snowstorm was always getting into trouble. It was practically a hobby for him to find out just how many ways he could annoy people in the shortest time possible when he was a kid, and because of his dad, he always got away with it. Dying his hair to make people flinch as to not insult it, wearing clothes that even a kid would think was gaudy, everything was swell. Up to a point.

It turned out that Rusev Hector had learned parenting techniques from his father, Ivan Sr, and that the best way to deal with a troublemaker son was to wait until his 18th birthday, then kick him out of the house asap. Such a drastic measure had worked for him, Rusev was a respected member of society, it would work for his layabout son who would learn from this experience, drop the silly clothes and gaudy hair and become a respectable person.

Suffice to say, it failed.

With no idea of how to make money (his father not telling him that he assumed he could find a part time job doing anything), he quickly burned through what capital he had and was left with nothing to eat and nowhere to sleep. In his desperation, he found a local gang and begged to be let in, if only for food and shelter and hoping to get away at the first chance, but he soon found that he was a better fit for the underworld than he thought.

He had always felt that everything just seemed a little bit to slow for him, but he dismissed that as a side effect of all the chocolate consumed making him hyperactive, but soon into his new life as a ganger, he found his reflexes were far beyond any normal metahuman, faster even than those who wired their nerves up specifically so they could react faster than normal. His skill with a pistol wasn't as refined as it would be later but the sheer amount of lead he could pump out of semi-automatics was incredible.

From such beginnings rose Snowstorm, named because he could fire so fast it would feel like a blizzard of lead, and not because of the rampant novacoke habit he developed working for drug runners. Cutting ties with most of his old gangs he set out for Dallas, no longer a ganger, but an independent Shadowrunner. Where there was no-one to enforce a dress code or tell him that his pink leopard skin jacket looked horrible. Well, no-one that wouldn't be dead within a few moments anyway.

code:
== Info == 
Street Name: Snowstorm
Name: Ivan Hector
Movement: 12/24
Street Cred: 0
Notoriety: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human M Age 25
Height 5'10" Weight 150 lb
Composure: 7
Judge Intentions: 5
Lift/Carry: 6 (30 kg/20 kg) 
Memory: 6
Nuyen: 5

== Priorities == 
Metatype: A - Any metatype
Attributes: B - 20 Attributes
Special: C - Adept, Magician, or Technomancer
Skills: E - 18 Skills/0 Skill Groups
Resources: D - 50,000¥

== Attributes == 
BOD: 4
AGI: 6
REA: 5 (8) 
STR: 2
CHA: 3
INT: 2
LOG: 2
WIL: 4
EDG: 7
MAG: 6

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                   6
Initiative:                10 + 4d6
Rigger Initiative:         10 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         4 + 2d6
Matrix AR Initiative:      10 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    2 +DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     2 +DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     10
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits == 
Physical:                  7
Mental:                    4
Social:                    6
   Vashon Island: Ace of Cups [+1] (Must be visible)
Astral:                    6

== Active Skills == 
Armorer                    : 1                      Pool: 3
Assensing                  : 2                      Pool: 4
Blades                     : 3                      Pool: 9
Escape Artist              : 0                      Pool: 5
Etiquette                  : 2                      Pool: 5
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 8
Locksmith                  : 1                      Pool: 7
Palming                    : 2                      Pool: 8
Perception                 : 2                      Pool: 4
Pilot Ground Craft         : 2                      Pool: 10
Pistols                    : 6                      Pool: 12
Running                    : 1                      Pool: 3
Sneaking                   : 2                      Pool: 10

== Knowledge Skills == 
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Music                      : 3                      Pool: 5
Russian                    : 2                      Pool: 4
Street Drugs               : 2 [Novacoke]           Pool: 4 (6)

== Contacts == 
Amunition Trader (2, 3) 
Local Dealer (3, 1) 
Texas Yellow (5, 2) 
Theo Trainer (6, 1) 

== Qualities == 
Addiction (Moderate) (Novacoke)
Adept
Ambidextrous
Catlike

== Powers == 
Cloak Rating: 1
Improved Potential (limit) (Physical) Rating: 1
Improved Reflexes 3
Linguistics
Mystic Armor Rating: 3

== Lifestyles == 
small apartment  1 months 

== Armor == 
Clothing                            0
Vashon Island: Ace of Cups          11
   +Gel Packs
   +Select Sound Filter Rating 1
   +Sony Emperor

== Weapons == 
Browning Ultra-Power
   +Concealable Holster
   +Gas-Vent 2 System
   +Laser Sight
   Pool: 12   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -1   RC: 3
Browning Ultra-Power
   +Concealed Quick-Draw Holster
   +Gas-Vent 2 System
   +Laser Sight
   Pool: 12   Accuracy: 6   DV: 8P   AP: -1   RC: 3
Combat Knife
   Pool: 9   Accuracy: 6   DV: 4P   AP: -3   RC: 1
Grapple Gun
   Pool: 0   Accuracy: 3   DV: 7S   AP: -2   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 5   Accuracy: 7   DV: 2S   AP: -   RC: 1

== Martial Arts == 
Firefight
   +Close Quarter Firearms (Pistols)

== Commlink == 
Sony Emperor (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 2, FWL: 2) 

== Gear == 
Ammo: Explosive Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x60
Ammo: Gel Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x60
Ammo: Hollow Points (Heavy Pistols) x60
Ammo: Regular Ammo (Heavy Pistols) x320
Autopicker Rating 2
Cellular Glove Molder Rating 3
Fake SIN (Disco DJ) Rating 3
Glasses Rating 2
   +Flare Compensation
   +Thermographic Vision
Grapple Gun
Maglock Passkey Rating 2
Medkit Rating 2
Medkit Rating 4 x2
Novacoke x1000
Standard Rope (100m) x4

== Vehicles == 
Suzuki Mirage (Racing Bike)
   +Sensor Array Rating 2
Contact details:
Big Z, local Drug dealer
Pretty low on the scale of orginized crime, but Big Z always knows how to get whatever narcotic required for any event. A whores and blow end of financial year celebration? The daily Cram fix? He knows how to get it, even if he doesn't have most of it himself. Snowstorms massive stockpile of Novacoke was a result of Big Z trying to dump the load of it and is kind of considered an extention of his own stock. But at the end of the day, he's still a drug dealer so he can't be trusted further than he can be thrown.

Steven Pliskin
CAS born and bred gun nut. Even the lax regulations of Dallas' gun laws are considered an assault on his rights to his right to bear arms and cockatrice wings. Snowstorm's one of his best customers for any alternate ammunition types and is considered a true patriot by the old man, despite the accent.

(couldn't get discounts to work on Chummer 5 :()

Manic_Misanthrope fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jul 31, 2014

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Tommy Brown
Character Sheet
Full Bio

Born as one of two Fraternal twins, he was the oldest by a few seconds coming out of a BTL addicted mother. As a youth, he basically raised him and his sister himself as best he could. He got his first job at 14 being a lookout at a BTL joint, occasionally trading time for dreamchip time to escape from reality. The way he figured it, escaping from time to time was ok as long as you woke up and faced the music after. Thats why he didn't feel bad about getting and keeping junkies hooked on BTLs, cause they were weak. They were those who were too weak to face the music and just make their way in the world. Tommy was a survivor, he didn't have time for the bullshit.

As long as Sadie stayed in that good school in dallas and went on to college, got out of Bach Springs, he didn't care how many lives he had to destroy to keep that dream alive. Shortly after Crash 2.0 happened though, technomancers starting appearing in the news. And unbeknownst to Tommy, Sadie was one. Sadie got snatched by suits claiming to be federal agents one day from community college. A panicked call to Tommy from her boyfriend got him yanked out of a dreamchip and onto the prowl. Before The Emergence, Tommy was just some twobit gangster who dabbled in matrix crimes on some lovely Erika MCD-1 he bought after saving up enough cash. Now he had a reason to wake up and get on his poo poo. The only person in this world who was family to him, his own sister, was threatened and he needed to know why. And then he needed to get her back.

Enter Texas Yellow, a fixer who worked out Sage in Bloom. You needed to find a fence, you needed talent for a gig, you went to Texas Yellow. But tommy was no shadowrunner, he was just a thug. So go figure he got poo poo on when he approached Tex. But there was a silver lining, do him favors and he'd give him in the information he thought. So Tommy got in on the extraction game, each job filling in a piece of the puzzle. Pretty soon it became clear it was Ares Macrotechnology who snatched up Sadie. And it also became clear from the medical records they dug up that she was a techno. Now it all made loving sense and just fueled Tommy even more to get her out.

But you don't go full frontal on a AAA megacorp without some help. Enter Mitsuhama Computer Technologies, who Texas Yellow put him in touch with via a intermediary, what they call Mr. Johnson around these parts. A bargain was quickly struck, work for us and we'll put together a team and provide you with any resources you need on your search. They wanted in on the technomancer thing and needed someone who wouldn't flinch at doing what needed to be done. Tommy agreed and then he got to work. They hit Ares subsidiaries in the CAS hard with the odd daytrip up north to the UCAS to gently caress with Ares Arms on "Mitsuhama jobs", after all you don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Eventually the big day came and they were in Atlanta, running on Ares CAS HQ. Mitsuhama provided the fake SINs that were flawless, supporting documentation that placed each member of the team in the building for a shift. Before it was time for lunch, they confirmed which of the offgrid datastores on site had the paydata they were looking for. Then they broke for lunch, came back, and met on the 35th floor waiting for the screams to start. Mitsuhama went all out for this one, ensuring that at 3PM Shiawase made Siberian Tiger drones were released on multiple floors. When you got a tiger drone literally trying to loving eat you or some poo poo, that makes a mess of the security situation real quick. While corpsec was handling that, they made their run.

Tommy got the paydata, got the elevator secured, but he ran into resistance. He duked it out a spider who wasn't there when he went in before, seemingly appearing out of nowhere and dataspiking his Shiawase deck hard. He brawled it out and ended up brainburning the spider before getting hit by Black IC and having to be jacked out by his team. Nothing a heal spell and a slappatch couldn't deal with though. A firefight broke out on the rooftop with Knight Errant HTR while he worked the node for the SAM turrets on the roof with his backup, that old MCD-1. These guys were literally rapelling from a Dragon and firing submachineguns slung on their chest before they even touched the ground until the SAM turrets were redirected to blow their ride out of the sky. That and the timely arrival of their own helicopter ensured a clean extract back to a Mitsuhama Black Site out of state. Tommy turned over the paydata and called it a day, waited for MCT to get back at him with their end of the bargain.

And they did but it was nothing like he dreamed. He met Mr. Johnson at some upend Japanese restaurant to get the news. They found Sadie yeah. They tracked her as DocWagon pulled her out of the Ares CAS HQ building in Atlanta and airlifted her to the nearest hospital. They say she died 3 times on the table before they brought her back for good. She was moved to an ICU specializing in treating things like this. Tommy's whole world stopped as soon as he realized what he did. Tommy was a malicious little poo poo, loved to slot that biofeedback program and took pride in flatlining sysops who were too week to cut it. And now look what he loving did.

The Johnson explained to him that Ares would try to salvage Sadie but they'd probably call it quits after they exhausted all feasible options, which would be coming up within a few weeks to a month tops. Tommy asked them if there was anything they could do about it. Mr. Johnson nodded in the affirmative but told him they would require a more permanent arrangement. Tommy had no choice, he agreed. And then he told Mr. Johnson to get out of his sight while he looked down at his food and the vintage red wine he was drinking. He drank himself into a near comatose stupur himself that night and spent the night in jail. Though he didn't spend too long, he got bailed out within an hour by Mr. Johnson who gave him a plane ticket to Atlanta with a suitable fake SIN and told him to go say his goodbyes.But to also be discreet about it since Ares would no doubt be looking for him if they could connect him.

He stopped by the clinic and slipped in, staying only long enough to drop off flowers for his sister in her room and then got out quick. Driving back in a rental, he played russian roulette with a Ruger Superhawk doing 100 on the interstate and somehow didn't blow his brains out or crash. Disgusted at himself and his weakeness, he tossed the gun over some bridge and kept it moving. Back again in Dallas he had to add up the sum of all the poo poo he's done. Countless families destroyed by BTLs or from the extractions he pulled to change their employee, the occasional murder or two, data on at least 40 technomancers/possibles in the CAS so they can be snatched at MCT's leisure, and Sadie.

The devil doesn't ask too much when you sell his soul to him, just your life. He didn't realize all those years ago that it meant his whole life, everyone good connected to him. The coward's way out right now would be to try that russian roulette poo poo again with a AS-7 and a full clip on burst. But thats not Tommy. Instead he figured he needs to start making some things right, however small. He enrolled at college to formally get a PhD in Matrix Science and Security, that sorta thing. That gave him a foundation, something to keep him busy during the day. It was actually nice to be honest, no street poo poo to worry about, a pleasant group of friends to bullshit with in between classes and go drinking with. He always kept them at arms length and truth be told, life didn't need him to be the most friendly person, just the most ruthless.

At night is when the world comes alive for Tommy though. He kept doing his research into technomancers, not to sell them out for the paydata, but to help them dodge the corps. He's got at least 40 to make up for. When he's not doing that, he's taking contracts on teams that put him at odds at people like Renraku and Ares. He doesn't just blast anyone because he can, only those who are in "the game", like other runners or corporate execs, not some poor working joe whose just trying to get by in this world. Hopefully if he does enough right, he can die with his soul at rest. But thats a story for another time, Theo Trainer just called. Some guy wants to run for governor and apparently has the most interesting views on metahumans and technos in particular. This could be a fun gig.

Viva Miriya fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Aug 8, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!

QuantumNinja posted:

The full night's rest thing, obviously, and it will be refreshed between runs. Beyond that, I'll likely reward group edge refresh after major objectives are accomplished in the run. I'll likely only enforce the 'per-day refresh' rule if y'all are on a multi-day run that requires a lot of poo poo going down.

I meant the whole "regain edge noteworthy things" on p. 56.

Face/Pistoleer to come tomorrow when I wake up. Groomed to be a Mr Johnson until his first drat run went BEYOND bad and they burned his SIN to avoid exposure, now stuck in the same system he was supposed to manipulate, eager to claw his way back into fortune.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

ProfessorCirno posted:

I meant the whole "regain edge noteworthy things" on p. 56.

I'm totally willing to entertain Achieving Personal Goals, Critical Glitches, and Pushing the Storyline Forward (which matches up with the objectives thing) throughout the campaign, and it's likely that I will. If I forgoet to, OoC posts will help. As for good roleplaying, self sacrifice, and drama/humor, I'm partial to doing it, but also allowing players to nominate each other for an edge point so that it the mechanism isn't "amuse QN to get edge".

Edit: What I'm getting at here is that if your character is built around having edge to do cool stuff, I'm not going to bone you by forcing you to burn through your edge pool and then not refreshing it, because that's really uncool.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Jul 31, 2014

Arkangelus
Jan 23, 2007
Gabriel De Los Santos

Gabriel and Raphael are the sons of Mexican refugees. They've lived in Texas their whole lives and from an early age they were involved with Free-Aztlan due to their parents convictions. Raphael was older, and always more of a true believer than Gabriel. But Gabriel followed Raphael just about everywhere. They did everything together, they Awakened together, they Initiated together (who knows if Gabriel could have done it by himself), they ran the shadows together. Raphael was always just a bit stronger than Gabriel, but that just pushed Gabriel to work even harder. Over the years Raphael became a rising star in Free-Aztlan, people really started to think he was going to go places. Gabriel on the other hand was generally more interested in partying and enjoying the fruits of his labor.

"One night everything changed for both of us. There had been some increased cooperation between Free-Aztlan and The Sons of the Alamo of late. Word came through the pipeline that there was an Aztechnology lab on the other side of the border that needed to be hit. The Sons said that they'd only recently found out about it and none of their teams were in a position to run in time. Raphael bit, hard. They had amazing intel too, which should have tipped us off that something was up since they'd "only recently" discovered it. Both of us were blinded to it though. My brother by the "cause". Me, I just wanted to blow stuff up. Make my mark yet again."

"We put together a team, we make the run. And the intel was good, things were going like clockwork. Raphael started getting more and more anxious, said something wasn't right. I ignored him, told him he was worrying over nothing. I thought we had it in the bag. We torched the place, no casualties on our end. At least not during the op. Looking back I wonder if maybe we could have done it differently, there had to have been a way to safely dispose of that stuff right? A week after we got back Raphael got sick, I followed suit a few days later."

"I'm still not sure if I got a lower dose, or if I just have a higher resistance. Either way if I can't figure out a cure for this stuff my brother is going to die. Dr. Jameson says it's almost certain that I will as well, though so far I'm still functional. More than can be said of my brother. Or the mid-level operator that decided he would just pass the mission to us instead of risking his own people. Things were a bit icy between everyone for a while there. A lot of Free-Aztlan people are pissed at me for 'putting my revenge above the cause.' Whatever, wasn't their brother. This is my life now: I take care of my brother, I run for the money and the intel, and I pray that I can find a treatment before we're both dead."

pre:
A: Magician 6 B: 20 Attributes C: 28/2 Skills D: Elf 0 E: 20000 Resources 

BOD: 2 AGI: 3    REA: 5    STR: 2
WIL: 5 LOG: 6    INT: 5    CHA: 3
EDG: 1 MAG: 6    ESS: 6    INI: 10+1d6 
LIMITS: M4 | P8 | S6
BOXES: 9P, 11S, 2OF 

Positive Qualities: 
Focused Concentration 5

Negative Qualities: 
Dependents (-9)
Unsteady Hands (-7)
Weak Immune System (-10)

Karma(1 Remaining): Focused Concentration 5 - 20, Initiate Grade 2 - 29 

Skills:
Longarms 1 (Shotguns)
Astral Combat 3
Arcana 3
Assensing 3
Perception 3
Banishing 5
Binding 4
Counterspelling 5
Spellcasting 6 (Combat)
Summoning 5

Biotech group 1
Outdoors group 1

Knowledges:
English N
Spanish 3 (Speaking)
Sperethiel 3 (Speaking)
Anti-Aztlan Groups 3
Club Music 4 
Magical Security 4
Magical Theory 3

Initiate Grade: 2
Quickening
Centering

Contacts:
Texas Yellow, Connection 5, Loyalty 2
A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. In the back room, though, he's a fixer, 
acting as a middle-man between people looking to hire runners and the runner community.

Theo Trainer, Connection 6, Loyalty 1
An above-board fixer who sometimes hires people from the runner community for 'straight work', 
including protecting pop icons and ensuring things run smoothly for political candidates.

Alvaro Sanchez, Free-Aztlan Organizer, Connection 2, Loyalty 3
Things have been a bit icy between Gabriel and Free-Aztlan lately. Nevertheless, Alvaro has a long memory and 
he knows what Gabriel has done for the movement even if he was only following his brother. Alvaro is a 
mid-level organizer and tries to help Gabriel with intel when he can.

Aaron Jameson, Doctor, Connection 2, Loyalty 2
A more recent acquaintance, Dr. Jameson has been working with Gabriel to understand and try to treat the illness 
that afflicts him and his brother. They have built up a modicum of trust after working together for a 
couple months, but Jameson isn't working for free. Cash or favors are necessary to keep things moving.

Weapons and Armor (2669 nuyen):
Defiance T-250 3 Spare Clips and Regular Ammo x20 = 519
Armored Jacket = 1000
Helmet (w/ Image Link, Flare Compensation, Thermographic Vision, Vision Magnification) = 1150 

Other Gear (1250 nuyen): 
Renraku Sensei comlink R: 3 = 1000
Subvocal mic = 50
Survival kit = 200

Biotech (2100 nuyen):
Biomonitor = 300
Medkit R:4 (w/ 2x supplies) = 1200
1x Antidote patch R:6 = 300
2x Stim patch R:6 = 300

Magic (500 nuyen):
Reagants x25 Dram = 500

Lifestyle (6500 nuyen):
1x Months Medium = 6500
Fake Sin R2 = 5000

Starting resources: 1981+

Arkangelus fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jul 31, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Character sheet to come tomorrow. Please feel free to give criticisms about the description.

Scott “The Dad” Wilson

Scott was a perfectly ordinary person. He grew up in a perfectly ordinary home in Ellis with perfectly ordinary friends and family and received a perfectly ordinary education. As he grew older, he found an interest in computers and focused his studies on programming and learning the ins and outs of technology. He found work at a small corporation making whatever programs they deemed profitable. He married his childhood sweetheart and had a son and a daughter, who he all loved very much. Once a week, he would meet with the same childhood friends at the same sports pub and have the same food and the same drinks while watching the same teams play the same games, and only on rare occasion did his life get affected by all the nasty things that went on in the world around him.

Life was good. And Scott was happy.

That is, until he started to notice his age.

Yes, it was going to happen to him eventually, he knew, but he still wasn’t prepared for the shock that he had spent over 45 years doing nothing of interest while people around the world lived and fought and died in all sorts of amazing things.

This would not do. He needed to become someone, someone interesting. Someone who lived on the edge and maybe even make a real mark on the world in some way. He needed to become…

A Shadowrunner.

So he planned and figured. What was he good at? Computers, yes, but how excititing were computers? Maybe he should augment himself to become stronger too. Yes! That was it!

So he trained himself and augmented himself to be more proficient in combat and hacking. These came more easy to do than expected. Within time, he could hack well enough, and even shoot people decently. It helped he had some trustworthy, if low-ranking, contacts.

Of course, one thing had complicated all these matters: his family. While his children seemed enamored by the idea of a Shadowrunner for a dad, his wife thought it was insane. Why sacrifice the safety of middle-class life and risk the lives of your loved ones just so you can go around shooting people and messing around with the matrix? As he struggled to make himself ready for runs, she prepared for a divorce. Scott was saddened by it, but in his mind he believed it to be all worth the effort. Besides, he still got to see his kids on the weekends.

An unexpected bonus to dropping his SIN, quitting his job, leaving his family, losing most of his money, and moving to the ghettoes of Parker was that Scott was also free to make whatever programs he wanted. So he did whatever he thought would be the most fun. And that finally formed all that parts of his new schedule: Program in the day, go on runs in the night, go to the bar on Fridays, and visit the kids on the weekend.

Of course, Scott is still seen as a bit of a joke in the runner community, given his uninteresting and fairly easy life prior to running, his inspiration to running being his mid-life crisis, and that he’s a fat white guy in his late forties. But some have fondness for him. Either way, everyone calls him “The Dad”.

pre:
Metatype: Human

Priority A: Skills (46/10)
Priority B:Resources (275,000¥)
Priority C: Attributes (16)
Priority D: Metatype (Human, (3))
Priority E: Magic/Resonance (None)

Attributes
Bod	(1+1) 2/6
Agi	(1+1) 2/6
Rea	(1+1) 2/6
Str	(1+1) 2/6
Cha	(1+2) 3/6
Int	(1+2) 3/6
Log	(1+4) 5/6
Wil	(1+2) 3/6
Edg	(2+3) 5/7
Mag 0

Initiative: (3+4): 6
Essence: 3.68

Limits (P/M/S): 3/5/4
Condition Monitor Boxes (P/M/O): 10/9.5/4

Qualities
Analytical Mind (-5 Karma)
Codeslinger (-10 Karma)
Dependant (+3 Karma)
Distinctive Style (Fashion, Bald) (+3 Karma)
Homeground (Ellis, You Know A Guy) (-10 Karma)

Skills

Active:
Longarms (5)
Specializaton: Shotguns
Pistols (3)
Ettiquette (3)
Computer (6)
Cybercombat (5)
Hacking (5)
Hardware (4)
Software (6)
Pilot Ground Craft (3)
Pilot Aircraft (3)

Knowledge:
Economics (2)
Business (2)
Sports (4)

Language:
English (N)

Gear:

Taurus Omni-6 (180¥)
Speed loader (Pistol) (15¥)
Smartgun system, external (Pistol, top-mounted) (200¥)
Regular Ammo, 100 shots (pistol) (1200¥)
Stick-N-Shock Ammo,  50 shots (pistol) (2400¥)
Explosive Ammo, 50 shots (pistol) (2400¥)
PJSS Model 55 (600¥)
Smartgun system, external (Shotgun, top-mounted) (200¥)
Regular Ammo, 100 shots (shotgun) (1200¥)
Stick-N-Shock Ammo,  50 shots (shotgun) (2400¥)
Explosive Ammo, 50 shots (shotgun) (2400¥)
Clothing (0¥)
(synth)Leather Jacket (Armor rating 4) (200¥)
Armor vest (Armor rating 9) (500¥)
(Cyberware) Renraku Sensei Commlink (3000¥)
	Sim module (100¥)
(Cyberware) Hermes Chariot Cyberdeck (Alphaware) (153,600¥)
AR Gloves (150¥)
Trid Projector (200¥)
Hacking Program: Exploit (250¥)
Hacking Program: Lockdown (250¥)
Electronic Paper (25¥)
Data Jack (1000¥)
Simrig (4000¥)
Bone lacing (Aluminum) (20,000¥)
Orthoskin (R2) (12,000¥)
Sleep Regulator (12,000¥)
Datachips (5) (25¥)
Data tap (300¥)
White Noise Generator (R3) (150¥)
Datasoft (2) (240¥)
Mapsoft (Parker) (100¥)
Fake SIN ("Don Wrigley") (R3) (7500¥)
Earbuds (Capacity 3) (Audio Enhancement 1) (Spatial Recognizor) (1650¥)
GMC Bulldog Step van (35,000¥)
Glasses (Capacity 4, Image Link, Smart Link, Low Light Vision, Flare compensation) (3175¥)
Sensor, Handheld Housing (3 capacity, camera, cyberware scanner, directional microphone) (300¥)
Horizon Flying Eye (2000¥)
Medkit (R3) (750¥)

Lifestyle: (low+dependent) 2200¥ per month
Starting Nuyen: 3340+(15x60=900)=4240¥
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4592987/

Contacts:

Ted McElroy
Connections 4, Loyalty 3
A regular patron of the sports bar where Scott meets with his friends, who happens to be a small time fence.

Dale Gunderson
Connections 3, Loyalty 4
Gun store owner and childhood friend. Once in a while he'll get something rare and Scott will be the first to know.

A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. In the back room, though, he's a fixer, acting as a middle-man between people looking to hire runners and the runner community.

An above-board fixer who sometimes hires people from the runner community for 'straight work', including protecting pop icons and ensuring things run smoothly for political candidates.

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 2, 2014

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
Did you make that in Saints Row?

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 31, 2014

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Yes. I thought it would be easier to use the character creator there to make fat middle-aged man cyberpunk than hunting through images.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

Nuyen roll, different modifier. Pre-completed sheet. Just mark as created and save.

pre:
== Info == 
Street Name: Birdman
Name: Unnamed Character
Movement: 8/16
Street Cred: 1
Notoriety: 3
Public Awareness: 1
Ork
Composure: 5
Judge Intentions: 7
Lift/Carry: 7 (45 kg/30 kg) 
Memory: 8
Nuyen: 5475

== Attributes == 
BOD: 4
AGI: 4
REA: 3 (4) 
STR: 3
CHA: 3
INT: 4
LOG: 4
WIL: 2
EDG: 1

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                   1.8
Initiative:                8 + 2d6
Rigger Initiative:         8 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         
Matrix AR Initiative:      8 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    4 +DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     4 +DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     11
Stun Damage Track:         9

== Limits == 
Physical:                  5
Mental:                    5
Social:                    4
   Mortimer of London: Argentum Coat [+1] (Must be visible)
   Mortimer of London: Summit Suit [+1] (Must be visible)
Astral:                    5

== Active Skills == 
Animal Handling            : 2 [Avian]              Pool: 5 (7)
Archery                    : 0                      Pool: 3
Armorer                    : 1                      Pool: 5
Automatics                 : 2                      Pool: 6
Automotive Mechanic        : 1                      Pool: 5
Blades                     : 3                      Pool: 7
Clubs                      : 3                      Pool: 7
Computer                   : 2                      Pool: 6
Con                        : 3                      Pool: 6
Cybercombat                : 0                      Pool: 3
Demolitions                : 0                      Pool: 3
Disguise                   : 3                      Pool: 7
Diving                     : 0                      Pool: 3
Escape Artist              : 1                      Pool: 5
Etiquette                  : 2                      Pool: 5
First Aid                  : 2                      Pool: 6
Forgery                    : 0                      Pool: 3
Free-Fall                  : 0                      Pool: 3
Gunnery                    : 0                      Pool: 3
Gymnastics                 : 2                      Pool: 6
Hacking                    : 0                      Pool: 3
Hardware                   : 1                      Pool: 5
Heavy Weapons              : 0                      Pool: 3
Impersonation              : 0                      Pool: 2
Instruction                : 0                      Pool: 2
Intimidation               : 4                      Pool: 7
Leadership                 : 2                      Pool: 5
Locksmith                  : 2                      Pool: 6
Longarms                   : 4 [Shotguns]           Pool: 8 (10)
Medicine                   : 1                      Pool: 5
Navigation                 : 1                      Pool: 5
Negotiation                : 2                      Pool: 5
Palming                    : 3                      Pool: 7
Perception                 : 6                      Pool: 10
Performance                : 1 [Saxaphone]          Pool: 4 (6)
Pilot Ground Craft         : 2                      Pool: 6
Pilot Watercraft           : 0                      Pool: 3
Pistols                    : 6 [Revolvers]          Pool: 10 (12)
Running                    : 2                      Pool: 5
Sneaking                   : 3                      Pool: 7
Survival                   : 0                      Pool: 1
Swimming                   : 2                      Pool: 5
Throwing Weapons           : 0                      Pool: 3
Tracking                   : 0                      Pool: 3
Unarmed Combat             : 3                      Pool: 7

== Knowledge Skills == 
Area Knowledge: Dallas     : 3                      Pool: 9
Criminology                : 2                      Pool: 8
English                    : N                      Pool: 0
Law                        : 3                      Pool: 9
Music                      : 1 [Jazz]               Pool: 7 (9)
Parazoology                : 1 [Avians]             Pool: 7 (9)
Spanish                    : 4                      Pool: 10

== Contacts == 
Dr. Anna Mulholland, Street Doc (3, 3) 
Gerald Hyman, Fixer/Lawyer (4, 2) 
Lenny Gavitz, Pawnbroker (2, 3) 
tuZk3r, Blogger (2, 4) 
Vera Nguyen, Secretary (2, 3) 

== Qualities == 
Addiction (Mild) (Alcohol)
Analytical Mind
Bad Rep
Dependent (Demanding)
Guts
Low-Light Vision
Photographic Memory
Quick Healer
SINner (National) (Eugene Dufresne)

== Lifestyles == 
Merlin's Eye Detective Agency  1 months 

== Cyberware/Bioware == 
Cyberears Rating 2
   +Sound Link
   +Audio Enhancement Rating 3
   +Select Sound Filter Rating 3
   +Spatial Recognizer
Cybereyes Basic System Rating 2
   +Image Link
   +Vision Enhancement Rating 3
   +Flare Compensation
   +Thermographic Vision
   +Vision Magnification
Datajack
Mnemonic Enhancer Rating 2
Obvious Full Arm (AGI 9, STR 3, Physical 5) (Right)
   +Cyberarm Slide
   +Customized Agility Rating 6
   +Enhanced Agility Rating 3
Platelet Factories
Sleep Regulator
Wired Reflexes Rating 1

== Armor == 
Mortimer of London: Argentum Coat   4
   +Concealability
   +Custom Fit (Stack)
   +Electrochromic Clothing
Mortimer of London: Summit Suit     8
   +Concealability
   +Custom Fit
   +Electrochromic Clothing

== Weapons == 
Ares Light Fire 75
   +Silencer, Ares Light Fire 70
   +Smartgun System, Internal
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   +Spare Clip
   Pool: 10   Accuracy: 8   DV: 6P   AP: -   RC: 1
PJSS Model 55
   +Shock Pad
   +Stock
   Pool: 8 (10)   Accuracy: 6   DV: 11P   AP: -1   RC: 2
Ruger Super Warhawk
   +Speed Loader
   +Speed Loader
   +Speed Loader
   Pool: 10 (12)   Accuracy: 7   DV: 9P   AP: -2   RC: 1
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 7   Accuracy: 5   DV: 3S   AP: -   RC: 1

== Commlink == 
Erika Elite (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 4, FWL: 4) 
   +Browse
   +Edit
   +Encryption
   +Signal Scrub
   +Subvocal Mic
Radio Shack Remote Controller (ATT: 0, SLZ: 0, DP: 3, FWL: 3) 

== Gear == 
Ammo: Explosive Rounds (Heavy Pistols) x30
Ammo: Gel Rounds (Shotguns) x20
Ammo: Stick-n-Shock (Light Pistols) x80
Environment mod for suit and coat: Desert
Fake SIN (Harold Arterton) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Concealed Carry Permit) Rating 4
   +Fake License (Driver's License) Rating 4
Handheld Housing Rating 3
   +Radio Signal Scanner
   +MAD Scanner
   +Cyberware Scanner
   +Omni-directional Microphone [Select Sound Filter 1] 
   +Directional Microphone [Select Sound Filter 1] 
   +Laser Microphone [Select Sound Filter 1] 
   +Camera [Vision Magnification] 
   +Camera [Low Light] 
   +Camera [Thermographic Vision] 
Merlin Hawk
Tag Eraser

== Vehicles == 
Ford Americar (Sedan)
   +Sensor Array Rating 2
      +Motion Sensor
      +Ultrasound
      +Camera [Low Light] 
      +Radio Signal Scanner
      +Atmosphere Sensor
      +Omni-directional Microphone [Audio Enhancement 1] 
Horizon Flying Eye (Microdrone) ("Surveillance") 
   +Sensor Array Rating 3
      +Camera [Thermographic Vision] 
Horizon Flying Eye (Microdrone) ("Reconnaissance") 
   +Sensor Array Rating 3
      +Camera [Vision Magnification] 
Horizon Flying Eye (Microdrone) ("Sweep and Clear") 
   +Sensor Array Rating 3
      +Camera
      +Radio Signal Scanner
      +Olfactory Sensor

quote:

== Description ==
The Ork identfied as 'Birdman' carries a real 1950's flatvid feel to him, like he'd stepped out of The Maltese Falcon or something. Tall and broad, his green skin is lined with age, making him look just a little past his prime. His salt-and-pepper hair is usually hidden under a beaten-up brown fedora, and rumpled shirt, tie, and pants are often covered by a worn double-breasted tan trenchcoat. He carries the scent of cigar smoke with him... When he isn't actually smoking a cigar. If you're close to him, you can hear an occasional clicking sound from his left leg as he moves it. Generally, though, he holds an air of someone all but defeated, rumpled, threadbare, and tired. His right hand is chromed, a complete replacement of his original without any of the warmth or humanity.

== Background ==
Born and raised in a town not too far outside of Toronto, Gene was raised relatively normally. In high school, he Goblinized, which quickly killed his dreams of a career in hockey, a talent he'd been cultivating over most of his childhood. Instead, he fell back on his law studies.

He ended up getting a scholarship and placement in Aztechnology Security Forces, and jumped at the chance. After four grueling years of study, training, and augmentation in El Humo, he's placed in Seattle, protecting Aztechnology interests. He meets a woman, they get together, and the night he's going to ask her to marry him he stumbles across a murder. Some Elf he doesn't even know. By the time the Star arrive, the man's dead. The blame gets pinned on Gene, with evidence altered, erased, and in some cases even created to 'expedite' this 'open and shut case'. He's sentenced to 15 years in a medium security prison. His life is ruined.

It's during this time that he finds an egg, abandoned by its mother. He takes it in, and does his best to keep it alive. At the same time, he does his research to find out that it's the egg of a Merlin Hawk. And so he continues to read up on the bird as he incubates the egg. By the time it hatches, he's ready to ensure it stays healthy and grows up. This bird becomes the only reason Gene remains sane. And incentive to be a model prisoner.

Salvation comes almost a decade into his sentence, when Gene is contacted by a lawyer by the name of Gerald Hyman, who has found a number of inconsistencies in Gene's case and thinks he has a shot to not only be released early, but cleared of all charges. All he wanted in exchange was 'a favour'. A Jewish laywer for free? Gene jumped at it. Sure enough, all of the falsified evidence was brought to light and in less than a year Gene was released with an official apology from Lone Star and a hefty settlement to avoid the inevitable lawsuit that would have followed.

Of course, even with his release Aztechnology wouldn't take him back. There were a number of people who didn't agree with the ruling, and a number that just didn't like him and the adult Merlin Hawk that rested on his shoulder as he walked out of the prison. He would have brought too much bad press. So he was given his walking papers. Knight Errant wouldn't take him either. That settlement was put towards a small office in Dallas and apartment above. He'd put his knowledge of the law and his skills to work as a private detective.

It was a month after his release that Samantha showed up at his door. She was strung-out, her bony body more like a rack for the clothes that hung off her body. The thick makeup she wore didn't hide the sunken eyes. Or the track marks. Or the ten-year-old girl clinging to her hand. There was no ceremony to her visit. "This is Meredith, she's your kid, and she's your problem now. Don't call me." Just like that, dumping the kid on him and leaving. Not a word in ten years, and now a small, under-nourished, and scared child just dropped on him. One look at the little girl's scared, shaking eyes broke his heart. He filed the appropriate papers to obtain custody of the child wirelessly and immediately. It was approved in minutes. Apparently Samantha had been in quite a lot of trouble recently with the local Child Services.

That was a couple of years ago, now. The Merlin's Eye Detective Agency isn't exactly a cash cow corporation, but Gene has garnered a reputation amoung the people he's worked with as a bit of an old eccentric, but an effective detective. And of course, his mascots are hits... When they feel like showing. Midi's in that awkward early-teen phase where she's constantly craving attention but fearing judgement, and Alcatraz is... Well, he's Traz. Texas may not be his oyster, but it serves well enough.

It'd be a number of months before Meredith would say more than the absolute bare minimum to him. During this time, he'd found the pair of them a family doctor in the neighbourhood, a somewhat disgraced specialist that had been relegated to general practitioner by some scandals with experimental drugs not working properly on patients. He'd also made 'friends' with a local pawnbroker able to keep his ear to the ground. You'd be surprised the things that end up in a pawnshop. Like an *enormous* revolver. And the occasional box of ammo for said revolver.

He'd also been contacted by a... fan? tuZk3r is... eccentric. Gene and the blogger have never met face-to-face, but the grossly-exaggerated Ork avatar seems to know a rather great deal about Gene, and heralds him as a hero of Ork rights and whatnot. To be entirely frank, Gene never paid attention to such politically-charged things... And his confession of such has only served to spur tuZk3r on further.

Recently, after a rather interesting case in which he cleared a woman of blame for embezzling funds from a corp(pinning the rightful blame squarely on her superior), she showed up on his doorstep with a resume. Turns out, she got fired from her job and money was getting tight. He agreed to take her on, under the condition that she keep an eye on Meredith and Alcatraz, should he need to go on yet another long stakeout.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Lazy Bear fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Aug 8, 2014

Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
I have an idea for a christian theurgy mage who has as side gig as a televangelist?

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

Mr Tastee posted:

Yes. I thought it would be easier to use the character creator there to make fat middle-aged man cyberpunk than hunting through images.

Ah! I was going to do similar:

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Manifest Dynasty posted:

I have an idea for a christian theurgy mage who has as side gig as a televangelist?

That might work, but there are already three mage apps.

Majuju posted:

Ah! I was going to do similar:

What character creator is that?

The Bible
May 8, 2010

Changing my concept, going Technomancer, I'll post the character within 12 hours.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I guess I should mention I just took an 11 on my "3d6 * 60" starting nuyen; I figured you wouldn't care, QuantumNinja, and I'm lazy.

Also, I clicked to look at your other thread and was going back and forth, and thought someone had applied for this game with a rigger that had an Ares Roadmaster with a mounted gauss rifle and grenade launcher; I was so happy, and then I was so sad. At least you don't lack for applicants.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

Thanatosian posted:

I guess I should mention I just took an 11 on my "3d6 * 60" starting nuyen; I figured you wouldn't care, QuantumNinja, and I'm lazy.

Also, I clicked to look at your other thread and was going back and forth, and thought someone had applied for this game with a rigger that had an Ares Roadmaster with a mounted gauss rifle and grenade launcher; I was so happy, and then I was so sad. At least you don't lack for applicants.

I rolled your starting money on a dice roller, and I was going to post the link and tell you to use it, but I got an 11 there, too. Good call, I guess.

I wonder if we'll get some more tech-based apps. A magic-heavy game this near Aztlan is going to get... messy.

QuantumNinja fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Jul 31, 2014

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The rightest!
Done! A tech character!

I lied, it's an adept. But a very small adept.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.
In order to help y'all get in the mood, here are some links of Texans playing with guns on their ranch:

Texas Spray Paint https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwL5UNjMbQA
Blowing Bubbles with a Shotgun https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeRmkGgTf-s
The Texan Every Day Carry https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_6Esa0QfJg
Making really stupid shotgun shells https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ef6bF4tbtO4

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Damm I wish I had seen this sooner, I was so sad the criminal game I was in died.

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

QuantumNinja posted:

What character creator is that?

Brink! It's Titanfall except with a neat character creator instead of robots. Also I hope to have an application ready tonight, if I don't, assume I have been kidnapped by a Renraku black ops team.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

bunnielab posted:

Damm I wish I had seen this sooner, I was so sad the criminal game I was in died.

You got time. I won't likely close the thread until at least Monday.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Still working on the character sheet. Will be done soon, though.

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010

quote:

elf 3
20 attribute
no magic
46/10 skills
50,000 Y

BOD 1 (2)
AGI 2 (5)
REA 1 (4)
STR 1 (1)
WIL 1 (5)
LOG 1 (2)
INT 1 (4)
CHA 3 (8)
EDG 1 (4)

First Impression: 11 K
Blandness: 8K
Moderate Allergy to Pollen: 15K
Gremlins 1: 4K
Incompetent (Guns): 5K

6 Acting
4 Influence

5 Gymnastics
5 Running
5 Unarmed
4 Tracking
5 Sneaking
5 Lockpicking
5 Local Knowledge
N Sperethiel
5 English
4 Mandarin
4 German
(2xInt+Log)

Cat grew up on the street. Doesn't know who her parents are, if they're even still alive, doesn't care. The only people who matter to her are the ones in her . . . well, not clan, exactly, but the group has coalesced out of a mutual need for protection and support. Cat can't do poo poo with a gun, but she's got a nasty right hook, and she can talk to almost anyone in the city. And boy, if she can talk to someone, she can work magic. An awful lot of people find it hard to say no to a beaming, petite elven girl.

QuantumNinja
Mar 8, 2013

Trust me.
I pretend to be a ninja.

The Bible posted:

Changing my concept, going Technomancer, I'll post the character within 12 hours.

Where's that technomancer?

Mr Tastee posted:

Still waiting on that sheet.

bunnielab posted:

Just bring over the ex-lawman you had from that street game we played for like a week before it died. Remake him using standard chargen.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Marcina Montgomery

-"With our concept-making apparatus called "the brain" we look at reality through the ideas-about-reality which our cultures give us. The ideas-about-reality are mistakenly labeled "reality" and unenlightened people are forever perplexed by the fact that other people, especially other cultures, see "reality" differently. It is only the ideas-about-reality which differ. Real (capital-T) True reality is a level deeper than is the level of concept."

-"You know, more and more my mind translates "gray morality" as "not a clue what we are doing"

There's white/elf privilege and then there's White/Elf Privilege. Born into a yuppie human household (The whole "elf" thing caused more than a little household tension.) of upper middle class parents desperately pretending to be rich, Marcina was able to coast comfortably through a childhood of ballet, theatre, playing with guns, and all those things the children of the rich and almost-rich get to do. The future was looking bright, if it hadn't been for the highschool years at Lake Highlands. Located close to the uber rich part of town, Marcina deeply entrenched herself in the greasy party scene and got to witness all manner of conspicuous consumption the noveau riche do to make up for lack of breeding.

Assorted scholarships and parental contacts got her into a prestigious university where she almost learned valuble skills before discovering the amazing world of awakened :420:. A subsequent flatlining of her GPA caused her folks to cut her off with a stern warning she had to enter the workforce. The idea of working for a living put her into sheer outright terror for the first time in her life and after an exceptionally paranoid night tits deep in Caribbean boo-smoke, she had the first meeting with Her. Residual morals made the idea of outright Black Magic and hurting people for its own sake repugnant, but there was more than a little appeal in confusing folks and watching established order collapse. Bending reality backwards and turning it all into pretty colors and feelings was far removed from the usual ZAP, BOOM of what mages on TV did, but in its own way far more empowering. Being able to drop someone without hurting them while also showing them a good time was a thrill a lightning bolt could never duplicate. Although never officially registering her powers, word got around, and after a violent altercation in a convenience store, her and some of the other weirdos present got an Offer from someone calling himself Mr. Johnson.

Several successful runs later (and learning to apply spells to deaden the mental trauma of watching dudes being sliced in half like a goddamn tomato, friggen adepts, man) she's moved back to Dallas, and renewed contact with several of her old acquaintances. Its time to show The Big D what being part of the 0.0001% is all about.

A Skills 46/10
B Attributes (20)
C Metatype (Elf 3)
D Magic (Aspected Mage magic 2)
E Resources (20,000)

pre:
Attributes:
BODY: 3/6 
AGI:  5/7 
REA:  3/6
STR:  2/6
WIL:  4/6
LOG:  3/6
INT:  4/6
CHA:  8/8
EDG:  3/7
MAG:  3/6
ESS:  6/6 

Condition Track
Physical: 10
Stun: 10
Overflow: 4

Limits:
Physical: 4
Mental:	5	
Social:	9	

Cash Banked: 168+8000(High Lifestyle)
Karma Banked: 0

Positive Qualities:
Human Looking 6
too pretty to hit 3
Mentor Spirit-Seductress 5

Negative Qualities:
Sinner, national, +5
Addiction, Minor, Deepweed +4
Minor, uncommon allergy: synthetic fur +5
Total Bonus Karma: 14

Additional Karma Expenditures
Str 1>2  10k
Contacts 1k
Spanish one 2k
perception one 2k
25000 nyen 5k

Aspected Mage:
Shaman (Discordianism)

Spells
Improved Invis
Physical Mask
Improved Reflexes
Opium Den
Alter Memory
Trid Phantasm

Skills
Active Groups:
[Acting] 4 (Con+2 Spirit)
[Influence] 6

SpellCasting 6+(illusion+4 (inc/m.spirit))
Counterspell 6
Gymnastics 3
Running 3
Sneaking 3
Palming 3 (Pickpocket+2)
Perception 1 (karma)
Automatics 6
Pilot Ground 3
Hardware  4 (Security devices+2)
Locksmith 4 (maglock+2)

Knowledge Skills:
Dallas Metroplex 5

Interest Skills:

Language Skills
English: N
Spanish 1 (1karma)

Academic
Magical theory 4 (Shamanistic Traditions+2)

Contacts:

A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. 
In the back room, though, he's a fixer, acting as a middle-man between people looking to 
hire runners and the runner community.

An above-board fixer who sometimes hires people from the runner community for 'straight work', 
including protecting pop icons and ensuring things run smoothly for political candidates.

Aiden Montgomery, Connection 1, Loyalty 4
lovely little brother. Involved in online community of people that claim to have one or more 
spirit totems living inside their heads. Lives with parents but makes money with with artwork 
commisions and spirit suit costumes.

Marty Fernandez, Connection 3, Loyalty 4
Year or two older. Was in the same party scene as her in highschool. Now a lonestar corporal. 
Provides evidence room hookups.

Gordon Richersfield, Connection 5, Loyalty 2
Family attourney, former city councilman, and member of all those clubs old, rich, white, 
human/elf people belong to. Responsible for getting her out of the sorts of teenage dumbassery 
that would land an ork or troll in the school-to-prison pipeline.

The Candyman, Connection 4, Loyalty 2
Met at a frat party. Talismonger, reagent and deepweed hookup. Totally not the Jamaican from JDatE.

Gear

Drugs:
deepweed x2     800
jazz x2         150
psyche x2       400

SINs/Licenses
Fake SIN 4,   10,000
"Mary Sue"
-driv lic 4      800
-magiclic 4      800

Fake SIN 1,    2,500
"Heywood Jablowmi"

Electronics:

Hermes Comm    3,000
Metalink Comm x3 300

Electronic Accessories:
sequencer 4     1000
lockpick         250
electrical kit   500

Vehicle:
Jackrabbit    10,000

Guns:
FN Har          900
-2x regularmag   90
-2x s&shock mag 342

Armor:
armor jacket   1000
exec suite     2000

Lifestyle:
High x 1mo   10,000

Total Cost:   44832

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Aug 5, 2014

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
It seems you're pretty deep with character submissions. I've never played shadowrun before but want to give it a try, though the character creation (especially when it gets to buying gear) intimidates the hell out of me. How acceptable/plausible is it for me to just take one of the archetypes from the book (I'm thinking either the bounty hunter or weapons specialist) for stats and then just fluff it up?

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

QuantumNinja posted:

Still waiting on that sheet.

Just need to do a little more. I have to ask, what are the benefits of having a cyberdeck as cyberware as opposed to a handheld version, and vice versa? Additionally, if my deck is cyberware, then are the attachments inapplicable, and is the program limit the total number of programs that I can have on my deck?

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Aug 2, 2014

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
I've got my sheet more or less finished, I'm just trying to make my background less stupid. I'll post it once I get back from work this afternoon.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Finally finished my character sheet! This is my first time making a character for Shadowrun, so please let me know everything I got wrong.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

Mr Tastee posted:

Finally finished my character sheet! This is my first time making a character for Shadowrun, so please let me know everything I got wrong.

First off unless you are going with drugs to improve your initiative, you should get wired reflexes as your initiative is really low and you will likely have 1 pass per round. To help afford this, your ammo prices are way off. For example, regular ammo is 25Y per 10 rounds, so your pistol ammo should be 250Y not 1200 and, in IRC QN said that gun accessories and ammo is also only 60% of regular price so that will drop it much more.

Also, unless you are determined that orthoskin and sleep regulator is important for your character, drop those to free up the rest of the cash and essence for the wired reflexes.

Your attributes are really average and will make anything outside of decking not so good. I would probably switch to attributes A and skills C as attributes are so much more expensive to raise over the course of a game than picking up a few skills you are missing. Increasing your attributes will help with raising some of your dice pools. I don’t know what skills are necessary for deckers so someone else would have to help with fixing that.

Lazy Bear
Feb 1, 2013

Never too lazy to dance with the angels

ltr posted:

I don’t know what skills are necessary for deckers so someone else would have to help with fixing that.

Basically the skills under the Cracking and Computer skill groups. Beyond that... I'unno, fluff stuff, maybe Pilots if you wanna rig part-time, knowledges can be useful...

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Hey, could anyone see if I goofed up anywhere? First time making a mage (and it was kinda accidental, only did it since Magic D became viable, so this is an experiment with Face primary, magic secondary). Am i missing anything or have any weaknesses I should watch out for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yamtaggler
Feb 6, 2011

My brother gave me half of a rock and told me to wait for you in the woods...
OK, let's do this

Jake "Hardline" Franklin

(I chose a picture of his Matrix Persona, because his Meatsona is pretty boring. Just a regular dude with brown hair and blue eyes.)

In a darkened cave (basement), a young man stared at the glare from dancing magics (AR Windows) as strange sounds (Concrete Dream's latest album) blared throughout. He hoped The Mad Wizard (His Landlord... but also a Wizard) wouldn't mind too much.

He'd had a good life once. He'd had friends and family, and all that changed once the Aztlan invasion happened. Well, technically all of it hadn't changed. It's not like everyone was murdered or anything, he'd just been forced to give up his apartment in Denton because the owner had wanted to remodel the block for the incoming wealthy refugees. He'd since come into a little money from a dead relative to the south, and instead of buying a comparable place in Dallas like any sane chummer, he bought a lovely place in an angry old mage's basement. That freed up quite a bit of cash for his Baby.

He hadn't eaten for a week in order to afford the purchase, and he'd been eating Discount Soymeal ever since, but Drek was it worth it. This Baby could go from 0 to someone else's privacy in the time it took him to blink in meatspace. He'd always been a gifted programmer, it was how he made most of his living, but now he was something else. Something dangerous.

He shifted uncomfortably in his chair and looked at the other recent purchase in the room, the one he wasn't so jazzed about. an Ares Predator V, still in the box, lurked near his desk, slightly obscured by the dark and several greasy food bags. He'd already worked over the Smartlink and slaved it to his deck for safety, but he hadn't had worked up the courage to open the box.

"No time like the present, Hardline." he said to himself. Hardline. He needed to roll that word around in his head a bit more before it stuck.

He carefully opened the packaging, noticing the quality seals, and pulled out the piece which was wrapped in plastic. The reviews had said this piece was indispensable in self defense, which was what he hoped he'd be using it for. He pulled the gun out of it's wrapping and reveled in the smell of fresh plastic and steel. If he closed his eyes, he could almost pretend it was any other sort of top-of-the-line gadget.

As he held the piece, a strange feeling rose in his chest. Now he had crossed the line, and there was no going back to the meek programmer who kowtowed to the whims of the rich and connected. He'd make his own way.

Emboldened by this revelation, he clutched his gun and strode purposefully towards the door. He was going to make his way to the top of this Drekpile and there was nothing that would stop him. As he flung open the hatch, the angry sunlight flooded into the room it had been kept from for days. Jake clutched his eyes and wailed, falling backwards into the darkness and earning an angry shout from his landlord upstairs.

Nothing would stop him once night had fallen, he quietly amended, and nursed his aching head and wounded pride.

pre:
== Info == 
Street Name: Hardline
Name: Jack Franklin
Movement: 6/12
Street Cred: 0
Public Awareness: 0
Human M Age 25
Height 5'6" Weight 180 lb
Composure: 5
Judge Intentions: 7
Lift/Carry: 3 
Memory: 9
Nuyen: 5,660

== Priorities == 
Metatype: D - Human or Elf
Attributes: C - 16 Attributes
Special: E - N/A
Skills: B - 36 Skills/5 Skill Groups
Resources: A - 450,000¥

== Attributes == 
BOD: 2
AGI: 3
REA: 2 (3) 
STR: 1 (2)
CHA: 2
INT: 5
LOG: 6 (8)
WIL: 3
EDG: 4

== Derived Attributes == 
Essence:                   2.8
Initiative:                7 + 1d6 (+1d6)
Rigger Initiative:         7 + 1d6
Astral Initiative:         N/A
Matrix AR Initiative:      7 + 1d6
Matrix Cold Initiative:    5 +DP + 3d6
Matrix Hot Initiative:     5 +DP + 4d6
Physical Damage Track:     9
Stun Damage Track:         10

== Limits == 
Physical:                  2
Mental:                    7
Social:                    5
Astral:                    N/A

== Skill Groups ==
Cracking:                  5

== Active Skills == 
Computer                  :5                      Pool: 13
Con                       :1                      Pool: 3
Cybercombat               :5                      Pool: 13
Electronic Warfare        :5                      Pool: 13
Ettiquette                :2                      Pool: 4
Forgery                   :2                      Pool: 8
Gymnastics                :1                      Pool: 4
Hacking                   :5                      Pool: 13
Hardware                  :5                      Pool: 13
Negotiation               :2                      Pool: 4
Palming                   :1                      Pool: 4
Perception                :3                      Pool: 8
Pilot Ground Craft        :1                      Pool: 3
Pistols                   :5                      Pool: 8
Sneaking                  :3                      Pool: 6
Software                  :5                      Pool: 13

== Knowledge Skills == 

Area Knowledge: Dallas    :3                      Pool: 8
Data Havens               :2                      Pool: 9
Engineering               :2                      Pool: 8
Gangs (Dallas Area)       :1                      Pool: 6(8)
English                   :N                      Pool: 0
Japanese                  :2                      Pool: 7
Matrix Games              :4                      Pool: 9
Shadow Community          :2                      Pool: 7
Spanish                   :3                      Pool: 8

== Contacts == 
"Decky" Williams (3, 3)
A friend from college who owns his own small electronics outlet in the mall. 
His backroom has some fairly Wiz stuff, though, and Hardline trusts him, which is important.

Texas Yellow     (5, 2) 
A shady figure who runs the Sage In Bloom, a local Dixie bar. 
In the back room, though, he's a fixer, acting as a middle-man between people looking to 
hire runners and the runner community.

Theo Trainer     (6, 1) 

== Qualities == 
Blandness
Natural Hardening

== Lifestyles == 
Middle

Apartment (A.K.A, "Meathost"  3 months 14000)
   +Extra Secure
   +Special Work Area: Hardware

== Armor == 
Clothing                            0
Lined Coat                          9             [900]

== Weapons == 
Ares Predator V                                   [435]
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 5(7)DV: 8p   AP: -1  RC: - 
Streetline Special                                [162]
   Pool: 8   Accuracy: 4   DV: 6P   AP: -   RC: -
   +Concealable Holster                           [90]
Unarmed Attack
   Pool: 2   Accuracy: 2   DV: 1S   AP: -   RC: -

== Deck ==
Renraku Tsurugi                                   [214,125
   +Subvocal Mic                                  [50]
   +AR Gloves                                     [150]
   +Biometric Reader                              [200]
   +Satellite Link                                [500]
   +Trid Projector                                [200]
   +Programs
    -Browse                                       [80]
    -Configurator                                 [80]
    -Edit                                         [80]
    -Encryption                                   [80]
    -Signal Scrub                                 [80]
    -Toolbox                                      [80]
    -Baby Monitor                                 [250]
    -Biofeedback Filter                           [250]
    -Decryption                                   [250]
    -Exploit                                      [250]
    -Guard                                        [250]
    -Hammer                                       [250]
    -Sneak                                        [250]
    -Stealth                                      [250]
    -Blackout                                     [250]

== Gear == 
Earbuds (Rating 1)                                [550]
   +Audio Enhancement                             [500]

Electronic Warfare Kit                            [500]

Fake Sin (Parsley Druthers) Rating 2              [5000]
   +Fake License (Cyberdeck)Rating 2              [400]

50 AMMO: Regular (Heavy Pistol)                   [60]
20 AMMO: Regular (Holdout Pistol)                 [60]

Docwagon Contract (Gold)                          [25000]

Medikit (Rating 3)                                [750]

Biomonitor                                        [300]

Autopicker (Rating 3)                             [750]

Tool Kit (Hardware)                               [500]

Survival Kit                                      [200]

==Cyberware==
Cybereyes Basic System (Rating 2)                 [17,500/0.3e]
   +Image Link (Free)
   +Smartlink                                     [4000]
   +Low-Light Vision                              [1500]
   +Vision Enhancement(Rating 1)                  [4000]
   +Vision Magnification                          [2000]
Datajack                                          [1000/0.1e]
Wired Reflexes (Rating 1)                         [39000]
==Cultured Bioware==
Cerebral Boosters (Rating 2)                      [63,000/0.4e]
Mnemonic Enhancers(Rating 2)                      [18,000/0.2e]
Muscle Augmentation (Rating 1)                    [31,000/0.2e]

Wired Reflexes (Rating 1)                         [39000/2e]

== Vehicles == 
Dodge Scoot (Rinky Dink Scooter)                  [3000]
(All the brackets indicate price, because I didn't trust myself and counted. Had to downgrade to a Scoot, but I think I'll manage. Does Wired Reflexes add to Matrix Initiative?)

EDIT

Went through and made some changes that were suggested by Quantumninja, like actually getting access to the internet instead of stealing someone's wifi. Hopefully this will be a positive change.

Yamtaggler fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 21, 2014

• Locked thread