Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SunAndSpring posted:

Yeah that's what I'm wondering: why don't any video game companies have editors? I have never seen a guy credited as an editor on the writing team ever.
all the video game writers who really care about story are also the ones stuck up their own rear end

see: david cage, the bioshock dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ekster posted:

kojima has a great sense of humor and his games generally have great gameplay so it's still fun despite the awful story, also he's not above making fun of his own dumb poo poo so it's at least tolerable

there's some wiki page about the story of Path of Exile, which is told vaguely and piecemeal a la Dark Souls so 99% of players don't know what is going on and, get this, it's actually good as far as videogaming writing goes. an indie F2P ARPG has a better storyline than the vast majority of AAA games, which is absolutely hilarious to me, you can read it here

that all reads like generic fantasy hubba-hubba-dubba to me

like warcraft

• Locked thread