Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012
Thought I'd see what all this fuss is about re: 'Oreo' snack biscuits and let me say, I'm not impressed. I'm on about my third one out of the packet and as far as I can tell it's pretty much just a round version of a Bourbon biscuit which let's face it are not that great to begin with. Dry, can't taste anything except bad chocolate which lingers in your mouth forever afterwards I'm not sure I'll be able to manage the whole packet in one go. Give me a chocolate covered Hob-Nob any day. Interesting experiment but I shan't buy this particular biscuit again 2/10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Necros posted:

chocolate ones suck. vanilla might be better??

You'd possibly be surprised to hear that these are the original 'vanilla' variety. However the two biscuit parts which make up the sandwich so to speak are 'chocolate' flavoured, if you can call it that, and completely overpower whatever vanilla flavour there supposedly is in the cream filling. The only redeeming quality of this particular snack is that Tesco are selling them for 59p a packet.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Count Freebasie posted:

You're the same cocksucker from the "Pain Au Chocolate" thread making a honeypot, so that again, people can point out that you use "British-isms" so we can do another U.S. vs. the world thing. Here's one for you: You're a Perry that can give me a Turtle Head, yeah?

gently caress off, you insufferable oval office.

Actually both pain-au-chocolatagate and Oreogate are two genuine events that have distressed me so far this week. That they may highlight cultural differences between America and the world is incidental. I don't know what a Perry is but i think that a turtles head is something to do with poo?

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Please stop calling cookies biscuits, no one is buying it.

I don't mind what you do in the comfort of your own home but ITT we speak the Queen's English, thanks.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Great username/thread choice combo.

:tipshat:

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Naerasa posted:

there're like 19 different flavors of oreo now, just keep eating them until you find one that appeals to your bitchy british taste

Thus far theyve only given us two. Chocolate with chocolate cream and 'original' which for us is chocolate with vanilla cream, so I guess theyre testing the water. Please do not send any more flavours if these are the two flagships.

FunkyFlashman posted:

Oreo is trying to set foot in europe and i have to say the same. It is a boring lovely crappy half cake with unhealthy and untasty cream in the middle. We have much better little sweets then this mediocre and boring thing.

Then we shall fight them on the fecking beaches is what we shall do.

Das Boo posted:

You're doing it wrong. Mix them with cream cheese, chill, dip in chocolate and you get these:

GiantAmazonianOtter posted:

They exist solely for the purpose of being smashed into vanilla ice cream.

You've missed the point that these are supposed to be a complete and ready-to-eat lunchable biscuit so i categorically refuse to do anything except eat straight from the packet as nature intended, not impressed Mister Oreo, not at all.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

lexan posted:

Yes, if you're going to bitch about Americans ordering French food without affecting a French accent, please show our cuisine the same respect and call them cookies as per their culture of origin.

Also did you dip them in milk? They're not so great without it.

Actually the name biscuit derives from the Latin words bis and coctus (twice and cooked respectively) and the Romans had them but way to assume that literally everything was invented by America.

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

dontcareaboutname posted:

shut up about your culturally stunted country that no longer contributes world wide. You losers lost the culture war deal with it. Oh look at me i'm europe all i care about is old poo poo, we don't make anything new and we hate new things. You guys are essentially just old men feeding pigeons whining about kids these days. Just die already.

Chill Winston. A quick history lesson for free (since surprisingly enough history did not begin when Columbus sailed the ocean blue) the Romans may have spent a bit of time kicking about in Britain, but they were from Italy as was the Latin language. Please fact check your xenophobia first before you start bashing peoples cultures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirley Crabtree
Aug 8, 2012

Gosh that looks like quite the delicious scone thanks for sharing.

• Locked thread