Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | XP 2/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat

Chi-chi understands quickly. Smart girl. Perhaps--oh!

I have some vague idea what that sound means, and it's not good. Is she choking on her lunch?! "Ah, Chi-chi!" I call out, stepping up from my chair and over to where she's sitting. Dr. Wingate taught me something to do when someone sounds like that! You put the hands together, tuck them under the other chest, and thrust upwards. It's supposed to clear their airways and help them breathe more easily. Semi-automatically I move behind Chi-chi and reach in front of her. I hope she knows I'm trying to help her and not...well...

And now the tables are turned! I might have Hot -1, but let's try Turning Chi-Chi On with intimate contact anyway!
[22:23:39] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6-1
[22:23:40] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 7-1 = 6 PFfffffffft...

...why...isn't...this...working?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Nothing much." I reply, not quite meeting her eyes. "Was heading back to class from here."

Wow, riveting. You can hear the tumbleweeds roll right next to us. But I can't give up so easily. I look towards the same direction Tara is. Oh hey, there you are, Bryn. Time for a show of monster hunting solidarity.

Deep breaths.

"Hey, I got to see her too. You know, regarding stuff later." I say, dragging Tara by the hand and giving her my cutest smile ever. "Come on."

Gonna turn Tara on?
3-1 = 2.
Nope.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 0
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

The silence was deafening. At first I was pretty sure I didn't have anything to say to her, but then it finally came to me: I didn't know if Merrill had a car or anything. I could ask her about that, since if she did, it might have been vandalized as well. I open my mouth, about to speak, and that's when she latches on and tugs me forward!

I stumble a bit, regaining my footing. I know that Merrill's been on board with Bryn's plans, but I'm not sure why she's decided to get friendly all of a sudden. That creepyweird smile isn't exactly helping her case, either. I can't help but to look a little skeptical, I'm sure. But civil, Tara, civil. And at least we're headed in the right direction.

Then I remember what I was going to ask her, "you don't have a car out in the parking lot, do you?"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 | Delusional

Oh god, the heimlich. Which, I mean...pretty much exactly what a normal person would think of right now, so more power to him, I guess.

Unfortunately I'm not fuckin choking so it doesn't help, there's just a...snap, I guess, like a sharp pain in my neck, and then all the squeezing just, uh. Well. You know when you punch a hole in a water balloon and then squeeze it? Yeah.

The next thing I know, we're both on the floor - probably slipped, for reasons that are about to become self-fuckin-evident - and there is blood motherfucking EVERYWHERE. Ohhhh my god. Oh my god. There's so much of it! OHHHHHH MY GOD PEOPLE CAN SEE THIS CAN'T THEY. This wasn't how I wanted to be noticed god drat it--

--I think maybe if I keep my scarf on they'll think I coughed all of this up or something, what with all the gurgling. I mean that's not exactly great but it tops 'the entire school knows I'm a fuckin ghost'.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 1 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 | Blamed
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

As soon as I notice Linda's use of phone with all of the laughter, I move my hand towards my face, hoping that no one else is noticing. Great idea, Bryn. Maybe I'll get confused for the other blonde warriors in the school who don't happen to already be chattering about everything. I try to ignore everything that's still happening behind me, taking rather large steps towards the parking lot. I look up just in time to see Merrill pulling Tara towards her. I give a quick wave, moving towards them while trying to avoid eye contact with everyone but those two. "Hello. Is everything alright? If we could not move towards the cafeteria, that would be wonderful."

I don't even want to look over my shoulder to see if people are looking. At least Merrill and Tara weren't going to be as weird as Chi-Chi and Cass.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Whatever's in there must be stuck pretty well! Stupid human anatomy, this would never have been a problem--AAAAH!

What...what...how did...where did all this blood come from?! I didn't just kill her, did I?! Human bodies are fragile, it isn't my fault, I tried to help! Oh, no, wait, she's still breathing. That's...that's good. But did she cough all of this up or was she holding something red in her clothing or what happened I have no idea my mind isn't helping!

I should just ask her, shouldn't I?

"Uh...Chi-chi?" I start, an unwanted trembling in this voice that I try to calm. "Is this your blood?" Please say no...

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Chi-Chi:
Pandamonium breaks out all around you. Someone -- you can't tell who -- keeps shouting at the top of their lungs for somebody to call 911, apparently not willing to take the initiative themselves. There's screaming, a lot of cursing, and in general not a lot of lunch-eating. What there isn't a lot of is actual useful help being offered, which would be unfortunate were Chi-Chi actually alive. Because the blood keeps coming and coming, gurgling up from the wound in your throat and from between your lips in coughs and arterial splurts, already pooling crimson on the scuffed tile of the cafeteria floor. The sad remains of Cassius's cheese sandwich -- already so badly mauled about by his earlier faceplant -- is now wholly ruined for anyone who does not make human blood a regular part of their diet.

All in all not a great time.

Matthius:
Where do you end up?

Merrill:
As you look over to see Bryn walk up to your group, you don't notice the burly senior rushing out of the cafeteria until he practically bowls you over in his haste to get away. Shoving roughly past you, he grabs hold of a nearby trash can, bends over and proceeds to be messily sick into it. Looking over, you can see that he's not the only one coming out of the cafeteria looking upset.

"gently caress, gently caress, get the nurse!" A girl says as she runs through the cafeteria doors, looking up and down the hallway wildly for someone to appeal to for help.

"What do you think the loving nurse is going to do?" her friend demands, looking very pale and literally shaking.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

"Watch it, you cock!" I stumble around the floor for a bit, reaching for my glasses a few yards away from me. loving rear end, running through me and knocking off my glasses. I do not need this poo poo, I already lost a pair from that big dragon tantrum last year. Dad says if I don't take care of these, the next pair comes from my allowance, and...

I put on my glasses, just in time to see big dude barf his guts out. I look at the opposite way. Why the hell is everyone screaming out of the cafeteria? Unless...

God drat. I knew the food here was poisoned. That loving cafeteria lady wanted to kill us all. And now I'm about to get proof.

"C'mon, c'mon, let's see this!" I run towards the cafeteria, dragging Tara and Bryn along with me. "And turn on your camera apps!"

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hot +2 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 3 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Locker Room

*hiccup* Excuse me. I’m just a teensy bit tipsy here. But fret not, my dear narrator, I can totally handle myself. I will definitely limit myself to...ehhh...let’s agree upon two, yes two. One, two drinks and I’m done, completely done, for today. Vampire’s honor, I swear it.

And speaking of which, there goes my next intended target. I spy none other than Sebastian carrying some huge duffle bag as he ducks into the gentlemen’s dressing room. I did lay my claim to him this morning, right? Let’s pay the strapping young lad a call. I’m feeling bold and lucky.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Merrill's new trajectory means I'm stuck flailing my arms to stay upright as she latches onto Bryn and abruptly changes course. I can't help but to think how comical this must look to a third party. I glance at Bryn in a sidelong fashion, stumbling a little but at least managing to stay on my feet, "I, uh, need to talk to you."

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

As lovely situations in my life go this has actually gotta be low in the top 5. Maybe #4 at max because holy poo poo everybody knows who I am now.

Not that I'm really thinking about that because I'm dragging myself across the subway's floor, slipping in an ocean of my own blood, blindly trying to squirm away from the rear end in a top hat in her stupid fuckin bird mask that just gigged me. My arms are just about to give out and I heave forward like I'm drowning - the nail on my right middle finger (the important one) snaps off and stays in the concrete, but I have to keep going, I have to keep going he's right the gently caress behind me I'm gonna die holy gently caress I'm gonna fuckin die and nobody's going to care---

And then right through the door, I see her again. HER. It's her fault, her and her friends or her fuckin accomplices or whoever they are, coming back to laugh at me after she got away with killing me! Taking fuckin videos and everything! I SEE YOU, BITCH. I'M GONNA GET MINE

There's a splash of blood around me and the world spins - I'm on my back now - and WHAM I'm bridged up on all fours and skittering towards Bryn like a spider, jerking and spasming, eyes locked.

get her get her get her get her get her get her get her get her

Spending the string on Cass to make an offer - if he restrains Chi-Chi until she finishes re-enacting and 'dies', without letting her go all Grudge on Bryn, he gets an xp.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

"Chi-Chi?"

I'll take that xp!

She seems to be alright for a moment as she flips over...and then she just completely loses control of her body! She reaches out all over the place with arms and legs, and I have to hold her down with all of the might this body can bring to bear.

"Ah! Someone get the...gah!...get the infirmary staff! Aaah!"

I'm so focused on trying to hold her down I lose my footing and land in the puddle of blood, staining this body all the way up to the neck! Ugh...I'd never have lost my balance if I didn't have to work with just four limbs!

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

I get pulled gently by Merrill, and before I can think of the direction, I hear Tara mention that they needed to talk. "Did something happen? Is it serious? I guess it most likely is, given the.." I stop as soon as I notice that we were back in the cafeteria. I narrow my eyes at Merrill. "Weren't you listening? I said I didn't want to.."

I look up at Chi-Chi, making eye contact with her for just a moment and seeing something..unusual going on. Like she was coming to fight. My foot drops back, as I get into something resembling a combat stance. I don't even realize I do it until after Cass has a good grip on the girl. I try not to talk too loudly, not giving some of the others watching anything more to talk about than I have to. "-This- was why I didn't want to come back here right now, Merrill."

I don't even turn towards the others, just keeping my eyes on the two across the way. I still keep quiet, only talking to the two around her. "That's.. That's a lot of blood. Some may even call it an unnatural amount of blood. At least to still be moving with."

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Can't get to her. Something's on me. Can't get to her. Limbs have given out, I'm flat on my back again. This is it. This is the part where I die.

I can tell because it's all distant, just like last time. No pain, no fear, just like watching something happen on the TV or whatever. Nothing left in the world but me and Bryn. Still watching her even as my head lolls back, and in the last couple seconds, even though the blood's still coming, I can still mouth it to her:

I know what you are.

And then it's over. Peaceful, kinda warm and fuzzy. Reminds me of taking a bubble bath when I was a little kid. But it's not gonna last. It was like this the first time, and it didn't last then, I just got puked back down onto the earth a few minutes later and doomed to repeat this poo poo all over again. I'm gonna wake up, and it'll still be the fuckin same.

Might as well enjoy the break while I can.

Chi-Chi has finished 'dying' and is unconscious, so Davin gets an XP.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Going to try and end this scene and move things along once Matt's gotten to have an exchange with Sebastian. Cafeteria crew, try to wrap up what you're doing here; if there's anything you wanted to do that you think will take a while, talk to me about it or maybe we can put it off until next round of scenes.

Matthius

Sebastian sees you as you come into the locker room. Immediately, you see what little muscle he has tense up, and he lets the dufflebag fall heavily onto the bench beside him. "Oh, it's you," he snarls instantly. "I'm onto you!" He says, jabbing a finger in your direction.

Cafeteria

Finally, someone with some authority arrives. Vice Principal Slaughter is a slight, fussy looking black woman somewhere in her late 50s. Despite the name, she isn't usually unreasonable as high school vice principals go. Today, though, she is extremely agitated. "What's going on in here?" she asks, storming brusquely into the room.

"She's bleeding!" someone offered.

"Who's bleeding?" Slaughter demanded, even as she knelt down beside Chi-Chi, where Cassius held her on the perfectly dry floor. The blood was gone. Cassius and Chi-Chi's clothing was free of it. The table, while not precisely 'clean', didn't have so much of a spot of red either. There was no sign of the pool of blood that had formed beneath Chi-Chi. Everyone in the cafeteria was left stunned and silent, staring around in bewilderment.

"Do I really need to hear wild stories about someone's head exploding every time a student collapses?" Slaughter demanded. She frowned down at Chi-Chi's still form. "You kids, always skipping breakfast. It's no wonder when you pass out in the middle of the day."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

Alright. Not quite a food poisoning incident, but something way, way better.

I take a loving load of shots with my camera phone. I'm trying to recognize her while I do this. Some girl in my class? drat, what's with all the blood on her throat?

And why does she want to go all backwards spider towards Bryn?

Before I get any of these answers, the whole thing just stops. The blood, the spasms, the poor Ju-On reenactment. And I'm just confused.

"Okay, weird." Hopefully I still have pictures. "Wow, you really pissed her off or something."

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

When we burst into the cafeteria, the scent of blood assaulted my nose. It reminded me that it's be best if I hunted something down soon, because the idea of shifting into my wolven form and licking blood of the lunchroom floor struck me as an incredibly appealing thing to do. In fact, there was a whole room here full of helpless meaty deliciousness I could just.. but no. I don't want to do that. That's not me.

So absorbed in my thoughts, I rewind time and still only manage to catch the end bit of what Bryn said. Examining the scene and looking about as confused as any other student, I find myself wondering now where exactly all that blood I smelled earlier got to. My clothes weren't in tatters or outright gone. No one else was dead. No one was looking at me in horror. I finish going down my mental checklist of 'things that mean it could be me' and successfully conclude I'm not in on this. I feel relieved, and probably look it, too.

"Yeah," I belatedly reply, "something happened. Come with me outside for a sec."

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 3 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Locker Room

He’s on to me. I like the sound of that. I casually lean against the lockers with one hand, partly to enhance the suave factor but also to steady myself. Is it me, or is it a bit hot in here? No matter. I go into my spiel. “Sebastian, you’re my only hope and I desperately need your help. I have all these equations...” Wait no. I used those lines before, right?

I cough and clear my throat before starting again. “Err, sorry. Sebastian. You’ve seen me in action. You know I can have any girl at this school. And I have had many of them.” I inch along the row of lockers, drawing seductively closer to him. “But none of them interest me. I don’t want any of them. And you know why? It’s because I want you.”

Turn Them On: 2d6+3 6

OOC: Second 3 in a row :(

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Matthius

Sebastian scoffs loudly. "Oh, gently caress off!" he says, apparently oblivious to your seductive inching. "You think you're hot poo poo, and just because of that you can just come in here and make fun of me?" He grabs the duffle bag and angrily shoves it into a nearby locker. His, presumably. "I already know what you are!" he says, slamming the locker and clicking the lock shut. "Merrill told me all about the kind of poo poo you've been doing, and I just know you're going to do the same thing with Maria!" He stalks past, but twists around right before he's going to leave. "I've got my eye on you, you overdressed fucker!"

Sebastian takes a string on you

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat

What just happened?! Chi-chi most certainly WAS bleeding, and I DID get covered in her blood! Where did all of it go!? Agh, these eyes are impossible...no. There was blood here. I felt it, deep down below this flesh.

"Chi-chi was choking here," I find myself speaking in a whisper. "She was bleeding right here, there was blood all over this shirt. I know this, I...it was here. It was right here!"

I'm not sure what happened, but I suddenly realize just how bad it looks to have me sprawled out near Chi-chi like this.

"It was right here, I saw this! You all saw this!"

And then I start running out of the cafeteria.

I'm not staying around to be accused of being a pervert! Run Away!
[22:14:10] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+1
[22:14:11] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 4+1 = 5

...and into the door.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 4 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Locker Room

I gasp as if wounded. What lies could have passed the lips of that treacherous future spinster? I had always thought Merrill fond of me, but clearly she has a dark sinister agenda here. She couldn’t possible know of my true nature, could she? What game is she playing? I will have words with this woman when this is through!

“You wound me with your unfounded accusations. I bear my soul and pour out of heart to you in confidence, and you repay me with cheap insults. Have you no shame? Have you?” I retort with a righteous fury.
Shut Someone Down: 2d6+1 8

OOC: A modest recovery. I choose to lose strings on each other. Get ready for hypno eyes!

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Cassius

You actually hit the door pretty hard, too.

Take one harm.

"No running in the halls!" Slaughter calls after you.

Matthius

Sebastian deflates a little, his bravado turning to defensiveness. "Yeah, well, that's just like... your opinion, man!"

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

No, that’s not just my opinion. I must be his opinion as well. This whole exchange is leaving a rather sour taste in my mouth all because of that meddlesome Merrill. She’s to blame for all of this. I do have one trick up my sleeve that seems apropos. Contrary to popular fiction, vampires do not possess any extraordinary bodily strength. But what we lack in physical might, we more than make up for it in mental domination. I will bend Sebastian’s will to mine.

He’s still lingering there which gives me more than enough opportunity. I approach locking my gaze with his. The icy blue of my eyes dissolve into a mesmerizing soulless black. I can feel Sebastian’s mind plummeting into their depths. “You know it in your heart that Merrill bears false witness against me. Why does she lie to you so? We don’t appreciate that, not at all. First you need to apologize and embrace me as your one true friend. I will forgive you my sweet Sebastian. And then you need to teach Merrill a lesson. Teach her that lying and spreading gossip is not something to be tolerated.”

Hypnotic: 2d6+2 13 :stare:

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

I look oddly over at Tara, thinking what she could be talking about. "Well, if we need privacy, it wouldn't hurt. Everyone seems to be out here to look at the trouble going on. Plus, I think I'd like to be away from the girl who made murderous eyes at me when she wakes up." I nod matter-of-factly, moving towards the parking lot slowly while waiting for the others. "This has been a terrible day so far, I certainly hope there's not a stronger supernatural element at work here, causing students to explode into blood. That would be terrible."

As I get closer to the parking lot, I look back towards the others. "Oh, that reminds me, how are we going to get to the library? I've got my car here today."

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Matthius

Sebastian's eyes widen, even as the rest of his face slackens, enthralled by your gaze. "Yes!" he says all at once, before crossing the room and pulling you into an uncomfortably tight but mercifully brief hug. "You are my best bro for life, master!" He says with conviction, releasing you. As he pulls away, his facial expression begins to return to normal, even if his eyes remain slightly distant for the moment. "... that loving otherkin nerdqueen is really asking for it, trying to turn me against my best bro for life!" he declares, punching a fist against his palm for emphasis. "Don't worry, master. I'll teach her a lesson she'll never forget."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

I sneeze out of nowhere. Someone must be talking about me. That always happens after something weird goes on.

Oh well, as long as it's not about something nasty.

"Oh yeah, can I ride with you after school?" I say, following after Bryn and Tara. I usually take a ride on Bryn's car going to school (because I ask nicely), then usually take the bus home.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Surprised at just how well THAT worked (it’s a bit hit and miss sometimes), I relish Sebastian’s tight but brief embrace. Mmmm. He called me master. I always love it when they do that. If only they all would. If only they all would just bend so easily to my will like the bleating sheep they are. *Sigh*

“That’s the spirit, my good man. I’m so glad we had this chance to chat.” I say as I wrap an arm lovingly around his shoulders and turn him back around towards the door. “Now get out. Let me know how your new found endeavor fares.“ I give him a good randy swat on the butt for the added forward momentum.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Argh...I...this body's bleeding...stupid nose. Defeated, I fall down and sit by Chi-Chi.

"Hey, Chi-Chi," I mutter, "...you feeling okay?" I really hope I don't need to carry her to the nurses' station. I'm not sure this body is strong enough to get her there.

Kinda waiting on a reaction from Chi-Chi to play off of, maybe. Should we have her wake up soon?

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

"Of course, Merrill. I even cleaned out the.." I turn, and my jaw hangs low for a moment as I see what used to be my perfectly okay car now keyed and slashed to the point of uselessness. My face goes from shock to anger, and I start to clench my jaw. I know how bad it is, but it is currently stopping me from shouting obscenities. I start to clench my fist, which gives me enough control to not lose my temper too obviously, in case there were more people with phones and Twitter around. "I'm hoping this is what you were going to tell me about, and how you know the name and address of the monster who did this, who's personal weakness is that it must be punched in its very soft face at least five dozen times before it dies. I would feel like that would only be followed by me waking up from the dream that is not currently my life."

I let out a large sigh, looking over towards Tara's car. "Oh. They got yours as well. I'm.. I'm sorry."

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Yeah," I glumly remark, once more surveying the damage. I'm silent a short while before continuing, "no clues about who did it. At least nothing obvious to me, outside of someone you've had dealings with."

Between two fingers, I present Bryn with her death threat, "you even merited a letter. I think I'm just guilty by association, and Merrill's drat lucky she just mooches rides. So who have you got into trouble with before I got to town?"

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Everyone

The rest of the day passes relatively uneventfully -- it would almost have to, since that incident in the cafeteria would be pretty hard to top. No one really seems to want to admit to seeing what happened there. A few students go home early, and some of the teachers seem weirdly distracted. But eventually, finally, the bell rings, and you're released for the day.

Where do you head after school? How do you head there? I know for a fact that some of you aren't driving.

Bryn
How do you feel about that note?

Cassius
Did you stick around with Chi-Chi until she woke up, or did you leave to go to your afternoon classes?

Chi-Chi
How long were you out? Have you ever had an episode that bad before?

Matthius
Are you going to settle for just sicking Sebastian on Merrill, or do you plan to also teach Merrill a more... personal lesson while you're at it?

Merrill
Wow! lovely about Bryn's car, huh? But you know a good plot hook when you see one; how are you taking advantage of this situation to get closer to Bryn?

Tara
You've had sudden attacks of bloodlust twice already today, haven't you? That's more than usual, isn't it? You worried at all?

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 4 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway

Get my hands dirty? No. That’s what enthralled servants are for. If I happened to encounter Merrill, perhaps I might pick a bone or two of hers, but as far as I see it, she’s beneath me. She deserves the attention of someone like Sebastian so I’ll leave things in his (hopefully) capable hands and consider the matter closed.

The next logical destination for me is that ghastly apartment masquerading as affordable housing. But I’m only half committed to the prospects of any “family” time. I could swagger down to the Helios for some much needed distraction, but my coffers are running low. My choices feel tired and worn out. Something new would be nice. I stand on the precipice of indecision (also known as the subway platform for the J-train) as I ponder some better options.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5

You know, you have a point. If I can help Bryn bust her tire-slasher, that would impress her a whole lot more than some sort convoluted plan to tear down that rear end in a top hat harassing her. Actually, gently caress Sebastian. He can chase some imaginary bauble on his own and I won't call the cops on him for breaking into someone's house. Fair deal to me.

Since neither her or Tara don't have a car, I wait for them outside of school. We still need to hit the library, so I will impart on them my intricate knowledge of Arkham's public transportation system to help. Not owning a car was so worth it for this moment.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

I woke up right around fourth period, but Ms. West wouldn't let me out until school was over and shined a flashlight in my eyes and a bunch of other poo poo. I tried to say I just had low blood sugar but she was on the fuckin war path. Dunno why, not like we'd have the money to sue them if I hit my head and went retarded or something. So finally she let me out, and a couple suspicious looks in the hallways later (haha, can't ignore me now, can you, dickbags), I'm out in the front yard and starting the walk home. May as well see if Mom's okay before I go haunt the subway or whatthefuckever.

My house is across town. It's a lovely neighborhood and a lovely house. Go ahead and laugh it up. At least back home we had neighbors we were friendly with and the whole family got along and I didn't get fuckin murdered walking home. I miss it. The more I think about it, the more I wanna just skip going home altogether and not think about that kinda stuff. But nah, I should probably check up on Mom and make sure she didn't pass out with the stove on or anything.

I guess that was the worst time I've ever had, uh, ghost problems. I mean I tried to...scare that hobo, but nothing happened, y'know? He was fine. That whole thing back there, though, that was fuckin wild. Anytime this sort of thing happens, it always ties back to when I got shanked. Sorry, I mean when Bryn shanked me. gently caress, that sets me off. She'll get hers. Just give me some time.

Passing the station now. I kinda want to just go in and mope for a while, it's been a lovely day and my head's killing me. Dunno, though.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

Every time I look at the note, there is a small bit of fear about how much this person knows about who I am. This is quickly being rushed by how angry I am about my car, and this attempt to scare me like I was some pedestrian high school student who would bend to such threats. I am more than that, and when I find out who did this, I'm going to.. Well, if they're not human, I'm definitely going to show them how angry I am with something metal and heavy. But the one way I can investigate this is at the library, which means I will need Merrill's help navigating the public transportation system. It is nothing like the one at home, and the maps are slightly confusing.

I call my parents and tell them about the car, leaving out some of the details they didn't need to know. Hopefully, they will still be willing to help with my insurance. After dealing with getting the car squared away, I go to find Merrill, out in front of the school. I can't even pretend to be okay after the very, very long day. "I hope we find something out about either the letter or these creatures. Otherwise, I most likely won't be able to sleep tonight."

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I wanted to make sure Chi-Chi was okay, really, I did. But the school nurse came and saw this nose bleeding and insisted that I stay away from her while she moved her to the infirmary. Why did she have to show up after Chi-chi threw up her blood all over? She gave me a box of tissue paper to block up the bleeding before sending me on my way to the next class--biology, curiously enough. I wanted to stay with Chi-Chi just to be sure, but she insisted. My mind tells me not to trust her. I think there is something in her insisting that seems malicious.

Biology, Literature (such strange sounds these poets can make, twisting words like coiled snakes), and Philosophy (best class!) pass by in a blur, and soon I find myself headed out the front doors of the school. I vaguely remember Dr. Wingate saying he might be late in picking me up, so I take a momemt to stretch these legs. And then I see a certain murderer...talking with another girl? Is she an accomplice or a future victim? Well, some new base instinct tells me to make sure that the other girl doesn't end up like Madison, so I walk over and wave to her, interrupting their conversation. "Hello over there! What's going on?" Can't let Bryn know I'm keeping my eye on her...

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 +1

"Hey, don't worry." I elbow her lightly. "Those fuckers will get what's coming to them." I don't specify who I'm talking about. But I stay close to her and wait for a while until Tara meets up with us.

drat, Bryn really needs some consoling. Something else to distract her. Hmm.

I think I'm up for it.

"Just remember, I'm here for you." I lean against her, maybe a little too close for comfort, and look at her eye to eye. "Whatever bullshit's up ahead, we're going to solve this. Like every other time. So, trust me when I say we got this covered."

I try my Cutest Smile again.

Turning on Bryn: 5 -1 = 4.

Okay, even now, I get that feeling I should stop doing this smile.

Around this time, some pasty blonde kid butts in outta nowhere. Wait, I know him. Wingate from homeroom. Goddamn it.

"Just heading out." I tell him, pulling away from Bryn. I'm looking at him like he wants something. Seriously, this guy needs a sandwich. "What'dya want?"

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

I find myself decidedly non-plussed by Merrill's smile. It's her teeth, I think...there's something odd about how the light hits them. Chi-chi's teeth weren't like that--even the murderer Bryn's teeth aren't like that, looking at them side by side.

"Oh, is that all?" my voice says with a hint of inquiry. "Hey, listen, do you have a moment? I'd like to talk to you alone for a second. It, uh, I need to learn how to beat Brayden up, and you look pretty strong, so..."

I have two strings on Merrill. I'll spend one to offer an XP to talk to Cass alone.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Merrill

Your phone goes off, informing you that you have a text message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 3/5 +1

Yeah, sure. +1 XP.

"Uh..." Yeah, okay, maybe I do have a moment. Especially since I just made myself look like an idiot here. Need to back off for a moment. Still waiting on Tara, anyway. "Yeah, sure. Bryn, I'll be back for a second, okay?"

I check my phone and walk over to Cass. I can multitask, you know. "Y'know, if you wanna beat someone up, the person you're looking for was standing next to me." I flex my other arm to prove it. Full on, 100% nerd muscle.

• Locked thread