Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

"You're talking to cats."
"And you eat ghosts, so shut the fuck up."
Merrill

Conversation with Sebastian posted:

Sebastian: You thought you outsmarted me
Sebastian: Well, two can move a pawn I'm calling your bluff and you left your goal open
Sebastian: Checkmate

Gazetteer fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Aug 29, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

Hot -1 | Cold -1 | Volatile +1 | Dark +2
Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat

"Thank you," my voice says enthusiastically. "I'm not very good at fighting--I'm very awkward with these arms..." As soon as I think Bryn is out of earshot, I stop babbling and talk seriously to Merrill.

"Oh, so you know? I heard her talking about someone, uh, another student, at lunch today. She's dead, and...she seemed to know an awful lot about how she died. Chi-Chi took it kinda badly. Uh, so you already want to beat her down?"

Argh, focus, Cass! The information you want to convey is hard enough to explain without this brain muddling everything!

Davin Valkri fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 29, 2014

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Curses from all directions!

Hot 1 | Cold -1 | Volatile 1 | Dark 0
Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

Sure, I'd probably put off a hunt another day or so longer than I usually would, but I wouldn't have done it if I didn't think I couldn't handle it. Tonight, though, I should probably run something down. Of course, those fuckers had to slash more than one of my tires, and I've only got the one spare. I call the AAA and suffer the rest of my classes. The day crawls on like molasses, and at the end of classes I find myself waiting in the parking lot for the service I need. The last time I got out of town on foot, it made at least as many problems as it solved. I'd like to avoid that again.

I'd saw Bryn on the phone earlier, talking to her parents it seemed. I was kind of envious. I grew up on a farm. I could change a tire easy. But in this case I had to call strangers for help. My folks were half a continent away. I dunno why, but thos whole thing made me feel terrible about myself. On top of the fact that I really needed to sate my hunger, this poo poo today basically took my being involved in any monster-hunting shenanigans tonight off the board.

I drop my phone into a pocket and sigh as I lean against my poor hobbled jeep. I don't even have Bryn's number to text. The closest thing I have to a friend, and I can't even get in touch with her. I wish the tow truck would show up. The sun is still reasonably high up, but the way it beats down on me somehow makes me acutely aware of how time is passing and how I'm standing here doing nothing.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Hot -1 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 2
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5

Motherfucker.

I ignore Cass for a few seconds and send back some texts to this rear end in a top hat.

Conversation with Sebastian posted:

Merril Frost Stormborn: holy poo poo what the gently caress are you on
Merril Frost Stormborn: if you wanna back out then fine with me
Merril Frost Stormborn: just don't forget who was blubbering for bryn and was so desperate for help, ya loving loser
Merril Frost Stormborn: take 10d6 fire damage and soak your head on that burn

Shutting this guy down again, tagging loving Loser: 10+2 = 12. I don't have strings on him, so this time I choose to get one.

Not my problem, anymore. Okay, back to sandwich kid and what the hell is he saying now?

"What, I thought this was about beating up Brayden. Bryn can help." I narrow my eyes at him. "So wait, who's dead? And why would my girl know anything about that?" Does this has anything to do with Bryn's monster problem last night? Let's keep it cool for now.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Aug 29, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!

Hot 1 | Cold 0 | Volatile 1 | Dark -1 | Blamed
Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5 +1

I try not to audibly sigh as that very strange boy comes by to talk to Merrill, which kindly made me not think about that weird smile that she gave me. It isn't the first time I've seen it, but it always seems a little offputing. A little dangerous, a little not-all-there. I know she isn't trying to put people off with it, but maybe I should warn her not to use it around people she doesn't know. Or people she knows.

I try not to bother them, given that Cass and I don't seem to speak the same language. I look over to Merrill for a moment as she does something with her phone. "Is that Tara? Do you know where she is? I didn't grab her phone number after last time. It'd be important for times like this."

I keep my distance from them, despite talking over Cass to do so.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat

"But you said...oh...that's what you meant..." Stupid human brain, focus! "Claire is dead, and I'm pretty sure Bryn killed her." That was...simple. "Yeah, she's tough, she's strong, she could kill someone easy. And she knew too much about the matter." Not like myself, certainly, I have an explanation for my knowledge. "Just...don't trust her, okay? Be careful. Don't let her be alone with you."

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5

What? Claire's dead? And he's saying that...?

What?

My hand grips my phone like its about to crush it. First Sebastian, now this guy. loving idiots, all these boys. I feel like I'm about to burst and I don't know who to pour it all on.

So I shove Cass by his chest instead.

"And why the gently caress would she do that? Kill her seatmate? Just because it looks like she could? Are you insane?" I say this louder than necessary. I'm too livid. "I don't know what psycho world you live in, but you don't even know the first thing about her and what she does for this city. Do me a favor and don't talk to me or to her again."

Shut Cass Down: TurninTrix, 11 +1 = 12. Let's put in Nutcase on Cass.

gently caress this. I step out, more hot-headed than before. I can't believe I even let this guy in my games.

Mitama fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Aug 30, 2014

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP 3/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat, Nutcase

"I don't know why, I just know she did!" And you wouldn't understand how I know anyways, with your petty, small, insignificant human mind. "Ngh! Don't push me!" Some instinct from beyond tells me to answer action for action, but I decline. I need to save my strength for Brayden. So instead I just raise my voice. I don't care if Bryn overhears. Maybe this will scare her off. "You're the one who's living in a fantasy world!" I stare right back at her eyes through her glasses. "Open your stupid nearsighted eyes and look at her!"

And now I'm going to shut her down right back!
[19:29:20] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6-1
[19:29:20] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 9-1 = 8
More conditions, more! Take the condition "Blind to Facts".

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

"I see her just fine, loser." I look back at him briefly to meet his eyes, then dramatically walk away. At least, that's how it should look like. "I was serious about leaving us alone. Don't expect to step foot in another game store or gaming group within five hundred miles of this school. You're loving blacklisted."

Just to drive it home, I take my phone and quickly put out an All Points Bulletin in several forums around this area. I put in a picture of Cass from Facebook, just to make sure he gets burned on sight.

Throwing back another Condition: Ostracized.

Goddammit, I thought that guy an idiot, but I didn't think... can't believe he talked poo poo about my girl like that. He's the one who's blind. I know everything about Bryn and her mission. I know she won't kill a student for whatever reason.

Right? I know this.

drat it.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

My jaw hangs open as the two of them are shouting about someone murdering Claire. My eyes narrow, however, when I find that Cass was apparently talking about -me-. This is what I get for trusting some strange-looking boy for a bit of help. I focus on myself while the argument is escalating, just trying not to drop my books and throwing a fist at his head.

I think about shouting, but I notice all the attention the two are bringing up, and stick with just glaring at Cass while collecting Merrill back so she does not decide he deserves something worse than simple name-calling. "Merrill, Merrill. Don't listen to the weird, pale, short boy. He is possibly crazy, and I can just hope he doesn't try to involve himself further in all of this. If we can't find these ghouls, if we can't find Tara, we're not going to be able to stop him from spreading even weirder rumors. And if he does that, I'm not sure if anyone can help any of us."

I gently put an arm around Merrill, trying to comfort her and calm her down.

Which is probably more intended as friendship but.. Turning her on.
[20:42] <thelazyblank> Well, technically, here goes trying to turn Merrill on.
[20:42] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[20:42] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 7+1 = 8

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hot +2 | Cold +1 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 4 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway --> Hotel Helios

The east bound reaches arrives ahead of the west bound which all but makes the decision for me. Helios it is. I should have enough for eh a little bit of entertainment. I’ve heard rumors they have a fresh batch of donors. And taking a good long gander at the new meat on the market is always a free. If only they gave out samples. Why don’t they give out samples? Stingy bastards.

With a little pep in my step, I hop on as the doors open and am whisked away to my new destination.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat, Nutcase, Ostracized

I hear my teeth grind unbidden as Merrill stomps off. Fine! She can be classified as "accomplice" for all I care! I throw up these arms in annoyance and stomp off. I don't care if Dr. Wingate is coming to pick me up or not, I want to be away from him for a little while. And I want to find Brayden and hit him with something much harder than bread. Didn't he once show a subway pass in class when he pulled out his chains and tried to twirl them around his fingers...and failed? Maybe I can find him there.

Subway fight, subway fiiiight...~

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

I take deep breaths and close my eyes. I let Bryn's arm wrap around me. She feels so strong, so... I don't know, safe? Just being around make me feel safer, not scared. How could anyone like her be a murderer? How could anyone accuse her of being one? She only fights the bad monsters! Do people actually believe that bullshit?

Well. That needs to stop.

Merrill promises to help stop these rumors about Bryn, whatever it takes.

"Yeah, yeah... I'm fine." I open my eyes and finally tell her. I'm still angry, but I'm not going to show it. Not to her. "Look, Tara's not here, maybe she's still looking at her car in the parking lot or whatever. Let's find her and get out of here."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

I pull Merrill's shoulder gently, smiling gently at the smaller girl. "This sounds like a good plan. I should grab her phone number. I do have your number, correct?"

That's the best way of writing that. Also, so ready for subway fiiiiight.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 +1 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

Man, I wish I could have more than just her arms around me.

"I think so?" I offer my phone with my number on display. "Here, check out if you have this already."

While I do that, my other hand pulls out my lucky d20. I lay it flat on my palm, toss it upwards, and catch it again to see what number comes face up.

Will save for you, Cass. What the gently caress is your deal?

Gaze into the abyss: TurninTrix, 5+2 = 7. Let's say the visions are confusing and alarming.

Also, subway fight.

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Merrill
Your initial roll triggers a number of additional rolls, which you automatically make -- you've had the corresponding tables memorised for years now. The final result is more than a little offputting:

Merrill's Weird Homebrew Tables posted:

Magical affect... sing party member... Magical possession (As True Mind Switch) by... extra-planar being.

Well, that's oddy specific.

Tara

"... did you or did you not go off with that smug douchebag?"

"Stop yelling at me!"

It is impossible to ignore the scene that has started unfolding nearby, between one Maria Martinez and one Aster Jones. The two of them art standing near the cute little sports car Maria drives. Aster is very agitated.

"I thought you were serious about this!" Aster shouts, slamming a meaty fist down hard onto the hood of Maria's car. The alarm goes off piercingly, and Maria shrinks back in alarm, but Aster attempts to keep shouting over the noise. "I thought you loved me!"

"I said stop yelling at me!" Maria, ordinarily quite self assured and outgoing, now seems wide-eyed and frightened. One hand is clasped around the silky scarf she's tied around her neck -- you don't remember that being there this morning.

Everyone But Tara
Arkham's subway system is surprisingly extensive for a city of its size, and baffling in its complexity. A number of routes have been closed down and abandoned over the years, but it's still nearly impossible for anyone who isn't an Arkham native to navigate the complicated train schedules aside from one or two firmly memorised routes. Google Maps isn't any help; they don't even have detailed satellite photos of much of the city, let alone accurate maps or data on the buses or trains. To make matters worse, the underground is strangely unsettling. The trains are disconcertingly rickety, and some of the tunnels just seem a lot... older than they reasonably should. Even Micky the Miskatonic Trout, cartoon-grinning down at all the embarking transit goers from his perch within a safety poster high on the wall, seems strangely malevolent in this lighting.

Presumably you all know where you're going, though, seeing as you've all more or less stepped onto the same subway car! You can see a few other people you recognise from school here -- including Emily! -- but the car's mostly deserted. It turns out that most kids avoid having to take the subway, for some weird reason!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Hot 0 | Cold 1 | Volatile -1 | Dark 1
Harm 0/4 | Exp 4/5 | Delusional

So lemme fill you in on what I'm headed back to. A little while after we moved here, my mom...I don't know. She's got brain problems or something, and Dad never being around probably doesn't help. So she doesn't want to go out, doesn't want to do anything, started grinding her teeth in her sleep. I know because we had to spend a shitload of money getting them capped, and the way she sounded afterwards people just assumed she was sloshed all the time. Funny enough, that was right about the point she started throwing back vodka tonics like water.

You know what it's like to come home to somebody who's drunk every night? It's fuckin exhausting. You can't communicate with them, can't get them to remember you exist, nothing. Feels like I'm the only person in the house most of the time. And it's worse because I remember how she used to be, back before all this, and...gently caress it, I'm just gonna haunt the subway for a while.

I used to think it was creepy down here. Still do, kinda, but for different reasons. Well, all I gotta do is head down the line a bit and hop a few barricades and I'll be in Old Central. Maybe stare at my body and think for a while--

--there's that guy. The one who gave me the eye last week, he's on the same car as me. drat, he's fine, maybe I've still got it even with the whole...ghost...thing. Think I'll sidle up and take the spot next to him, try to look pretty. I mean, gently caress knows I already got everybody else's attention today, why not go for broke.

Turn Matthius On: 2d6=7

"...Heyyyy." I don't smile. I look fake when I smile. I smirk. "Don't I know you?"

I...don't, but bear with me here, okay.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 4 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway

Can a man not find solitude enough to think on a public transportation system? Alas no. I look up from my silent reverie to see this raven haired girl hovering over me. Normally I would dismiss such a common tart and her bothersome antics. Really, that frizzled hair? And that worn jacket? She would be far too vulgar for my discerning tastes. But this one intrigues me somehow. Oh that’s right, she’s THAT ghost. I look at her in a whole different light now.

“No, you don’t know me.” I reply. “But I know you. And...” I lean in to whisper for discretion purposes. “I know that you’re ghost. Don’t worry though. Your secret is safe with me, for I am dead too, in a manner of speaking.” I motion, offering her the seat next to me. “I shall explain more if you would like. I can offer you pleasant conversation to pass the time.”

OOC: Promising Chi-Chi something I think she might want, which will be knowledge of who/what I am.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

It's kinda like a roller coaster for a few seconds. Look, I know I'm not smart but I'm not fuckin retarded either, I know that's...disdain or whatever when he looks at me. That poo poo hurts, putting yourself out there and getting...well, that. Probably shows a little, because I'm just about to turn and go when he blows my fuckin mind.

Okay whoa. Holy poo poo. "Wh-what?" I look over my shoulder for a second, but at least he didn't shout it to the fuckin world.

And I mean...I know there's other ghosts out there. I saw one myself, once. poo poo, maybe he's one too, from what he's saying. Or something like that. I don't know how this poo poo works, I've only been dead for like two weeks.

"Alright," I say, taking a seat. I should probably be a lot more wary than this, but gently caress, if he's got answers, I've got questions. "So...what, then? You're like me? poo poo, was it the same person that killed us? Because I've been working on that..."

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 4 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway

This poor little ghost-girl. She’s a lost soul, like me. She’s still driven. She’s still looking for answers, and I’m just a further bit ahead of her. I’ve already discovered that there are none to be found. Even though there’s a gulf of difference between us, I still feel a kindred spirit of sorts with her.
I stifle a chuckle at her last question. “No, I’ve been dead for longer than you were ever alive, much longer.” I reply coyly, drawing her attention in. “Have you ever heard of the Old Norse myth of the draugr? Or the more famous Germanic one of the nosferatu? Well the more colloquial term for these beings of legend is the vampire. And I am one of them. Simple as that.”

Oh how did my hand end up there? I see that it now rests gingerly on Chi-Chi’s leg, closer to her inner thigh to be exact, thrumming her gently. It must have crawled up there while we were talking. I’m just incorrigible it seems. Shall I remove it? I wait to gauge her reaction.

Turn Them On: 2d6+2 7

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Harm 0/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat, Nutcase, Ostracized

There's something comforting about the subway route map these hands are turning through as the tracks clatter. Something about the way the colors and lines twist and spin and cross and divide is very calming. Almost familiar.

Which is why I'm trying my best to focus on the lines and not the people sitting in front of me. Apparently the school must be in the northernmost tip of the city, because everyone--the murderer Bryn and accomplice Merrill, the unfortunate Chi-Chi talking to someone else from homeroom--seems to be taking the same car. Including...ah, there he is. My brain has advanced enough to recognize Brayden's long ponytail from the back. He's sitting at the extreme front of the car, so from my current position everyone on board will know when I challenge him. Nothing for it, then. I find myself rising from the blackened seat cushion and walking forwards towards the inevitable.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

It was unfortunate that Tara had to deal with her car troubles personally, but it was better to take care of that sooner rather than later. Hopefully, she could still make it tonight if we find out more about the creatures who murdered Claire. I notice Emily sitting there, and move gently away from Merrill. The subway system was confusing, but as long as Merrill was within shouting distance, I doubt I'll miss any important stops. I try to stay quiet, noticing that a lot of the people I've been running into recently are also on this train, stopping right next to Emily. "Hi. Um, are you heading to the library by any chance?"

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

They probably didn't even know I was here, and for what it's worth I was content to ignore them. It wasn't my business. But as the shrill sound of the car alarm bores into my head, I decide to make it my business. Getting back to my feet, I angrily glare at the two and practically snarl that ever most-relevant of questions, "what the gently caress, you guys?"

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Matthius gets another string, and is officially holding all the cards here.

"That's the dumbest th--" Okay wait. Stop. Think for a second. I'm a ghost. Like, a float-in-the-air haunt-the-place-I-died ghost. I died and I'm still here and four or five hours ago I spat like eight gallons of blood into the cafeteria. There're no rules anymore and I'm in no position to call bullshit on anything he's saying. "--actually, yeah, okay. I can...go with that, I guess."

I think I might be a little distracted, he's getting sorta handsy. Not that I mind, god drat. Maybe I was wrong, maybe he just thought I was somebody else at first, or he didn't recognize me, or...I dunno. Either way, that's good enough for me, I'm moving in a little closer and leaning on him a bit. Okay, the day's turned around; until now nobody'd hit on me since I moved and frankly that's unfuckinacceptable, so things are going pretty good.

"So how do you know? Do you have, like...I don't know, ghost senses, or...is it something I can do too since I'm..." Holy poo poo you moron stop getting fuckin distracted by the hot guy and ask the questions that matter. "Do you know anything about, uh, about when I died?"

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 5/5 -5 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

I'm spending my XP to take Disaffected.

Extra-planar being, huh? Well, not like I've seen weirder, hanging out with Bryn. And my tables have never been wrong before. Like seriously, they totally predicted that bugbear attack last year. But what does this mean? If he's actually some... plane-shifted alien, why the hell does he care so much about Bryn?

I keep a wary eye on him for a moment (geez, to think we'd share a car with him), though I'm not too worried. If he wants a fight, he'd have to go through me and Bryn to get it. Let's think about, oh hey, is that Matthius? Talking to that girl bleeding all over my cellphone camera earlier?

With the way they're going at each other, something tells me that I shouldn't butt in.

So I do.

"Sup, Matt." I walk in, with my most dashing swagger ever. Let's forget about cute with him, let's go with... intense. Intense as I stare at him hard like the shiny, sexy bauble he is. "Sup... classmate. Whatcha two talking about?"

Turning on Matt with Cold: TurninTrix, 7 +1 = 8.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

XP: 5 | Adv: 0 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway

This post takes place before Merrill approaches.

Chi-Chi is receptive to my advances. I think I’ll hold onto this one for a while. I leave my hand where it is. “No, no extra sensory abilities. I’m just a perceptive fellow. When you’ve lived as long as I, you tend to accumulate some experience in these matters. But trust me when I say this, ghosts and vampires are just the tip of the iceberg. There are far, far scarier monsters in this world.”

An idea forms and I pause momentarily to consider how to carefully answer her last question. “I don’t know anything, I’m afraid. But I do know someone who probably does. I’ll take you to him, now if you’d like.”

Speaking of monsters...

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Okay, on the one hand, hell yeah, revenge. On the other...hell yeah, I'm doing pretty well for once. hosed up as hell, but ever since I died things have started going kinda right. I got a little more confidence, I'm pushing back more, and now this guy (note to self, get his name) thinks I'm cute. Score.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'd like that." What if it's more people than just Bryn? I mean, I have...leads, I guess, but I don't wanna miss the forest for the trees, or however the gently caress that goes. "Kinda making a list, if you know what I mean, so send me anybody who had a hand in it, just don't send anybody you want back--"

So then, as it always does, it goes to poo poo. Fuckin Merrill shows up, looking all smarmy and making moon eyes at SOMEBODY WHO I SAW FIRST THANK YOU VERY MUCH, and he notices. What the gently caress?!

Shut Merrill Down: 2d6+1=6

I actually open my mouth to say something about it, but it's just not coming and I mostly manage to look indignantly retarded for a second before I just kinda give up. What's the point, this poo poo always happens. I finally managed to get somewhere and now this scrawny bitch swoops in and undoes it all.

May as well edge away a little.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Hot +2 | Cold +2 | Volatile -1 | Dark -1
XP: 0 | Adv: 1 | Harm: 0 | Conditions: None | Location: Subway

I’m boring. Buying +1 Cold with my advance.

Merrill.” I state with all the acerbic disgust I can muster. Despite her cool and casual demeanor, she’s being rather transparent. I know that she wants me to want her in the same way she wants me. But I don’t want her. I just want her to want me, without having to want her myself. Having said that, it’s all very confusing actually. I’m not sure how I feel anymore, but I want her to go away, I think. She’s butting her smug little lying nose into quality time with my new ghost friend.

Merrill can take a string.

“Do you need your glasses checked? Or are you just blind to the fact that my good friend and I are obviously deep into a private conservation to which you have not been invited? It’s all very rude to be honest.” I wrap an arm around Chi-Chi as she inches away and pull her snuggly close to me. I then flash a most insincere smile at the nerd queen telling her to get lost. But perhaps not really. Maybe I want her to stay? I did say it was all very confusing.

Shut Someone Down: 2d6+3 8

OOC: Merrill loses that string and I lose a string on her as well.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

"Oh yeah?" I growl slightly, but keep a smile in front of my teeth. "I'm hurt. Here I am, wanting to ask you guys about something, and you wanna treat this subway car like your own private party or something, bouncer included. Fine."

Wow, you're not as charming as I first thought. What happened to having all the girls in your lap, buddy? I guess no regrets about making Sebastian rob your house earlier, even if that didn't work out. drat it, I'll find a way to get back at him for this later.

"Hey, girlie." I turn my back on Chi-Chi and wave my arm as I walk away. "You told him about your little cafeteria act yet? Had it on camera. You could say it was a bloodcurdling experience."

Mitama fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Sep 1, 2014

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Bryn
Emily looks up at you. "I might be," she admits. She looks around you to note Merrill on her way over to you. "You've got the nerd -- no hick tonight?" she doesn't seem terribly upset that Tara's not with you. In fact, she seems downright pleased. What's Emily's problem with Tara, anyway?

Cassius
Brayden's sitting in such a way that he's basically taking up three seats, arms out on the headrests to either side of him, legs spread wide in a ridiculous macho stance. Luckily, the car isn't full enough for it to be a problem for the other commuters. He doesn't see you coming. In fact, it looks like he's asleep.

Chi-Chi
Ouch. You sure didn't come out on top there, did you? Merrill takes a string on you.

Tara
Aster wheels on you, scowling and flushed with anger. "Why don't you mind your own loving business?" she demands. "We're having a private conversation!"

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Sigh. I still want her to want me. I need her to want me. I just need to be in control of the situation, you know? The scales are so hard to keep in balance. Sometimes I don’t know my own strength. “Fine.” I call out to her. “Come sit with us.” I wait for her to turn back around and motion to the seat on the other side of me and pat it gently in invitation.

I dismiss her baser accusations towards my ghost and her earlier incidents. I had heard about that. I think everyone has heard about that. “What was it you wanted to ask?” I direct my question to Merrill over yonder, locking my suggestive gaze with hers. I pull Chi-Chi even tighter and closer to me, sensually playfully with her hair in full view for Merrill to see. You see, this could be you. I could be holding you in my arms, if you just play by my rules, girl.

Turn Them On: 2d6+2 10

OOC: 126 and I still got it.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Harm 1/4 | XP 4/5 | Conditions: Dead Meat, Nutcase, Ostracized

I can see Chi-Chi, the accomplice Merrill, and the other man--now I recall, his name is Matthias--all gathering together in the center of the car. They seem to be...enamored by Matthias' antics. No matter. And the murderer Bryn doesn't matter either. She's further up in the car. I do find myself unconsciously slow to give a momentary glance at Chi-Chi, a little nudge towards Bryn. A warning for caution, maybe. For now, there's someone I need to "speak" to.

I walk up to Brayden, and feel myself smile. Maybe Merrill was right. Maybe I am a nutcase. Oh well, she probably would not understand my logic. This hand reaches over and taps Brayden awake.

"Hello again."

And then I punch him in the groin.

Let's Lash Out against someone who thinks I'm dead meat, tapping my Nutcase to make this hurt a bit more.
[17:19:44] <Davin_Valkri> !r 2d6+2
[17:19:45] <Krysmbot> Davin_Valkri, 5+2 = 7
I hurt him, he hurts me. Easy.

He...doesn't seem to be curling up in pain...isn't that how these bodies are structured?! Shouldn't he be in pain right now?!

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Man, I've spent my whole life being called poo poo that you can only say on HBO, Merrill's gonna have to do better than puns. Yeah, I was kinda fumbling there for a second, but...he stood up for me. Nobody's ever done that before. Maybe he actually likes me. Like, at least enough to have my back over this kind of thing.

So I glance over and I'm just about to smile, for real this time (not on purpose, cause...like I said, I look goofy as gently caress when I do), and then he's got a handful of extensions and starts fuckin waving me at her like a piece of meat. "Wha--"

oh

.....oh.

so this is how it's gonna be, i'm a fuckin prop now

Inadvertently assisting Matthius in turning Merrill on.

<Solomonic> alright, krysmbot, let's see if you give me better luck than orokos has been doing lately
<Solomonic> !r 2d6
<Krysmbot> Solomonic, 6 = 6
<Solomonic> motherfucker!

I don't think I've ever been this red-faced in my life. Holy gently caress I wanna be anywhere but here right now.

bahamut
Jan 5, 2004

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5

"Private? In a parking lot with a car alarm going off? That's not loving private. I should be recording this poo poo for youtube," I angrily retort, "so how about you shut that car up, and then the two of you can gently caress the hell off to somewhere else if you want privacy. I seriously don't need any more of this poo poo today."

<Gazetteer> So, it sounds to me like you're trying to shut Aster down.
<Bahamut> I suppose I could be!
<Bahamut> In which case I bet you want a roll.
<Gazetteer> Yeah.
<Bahamut> !r 2d6-1
<Krysmbot> Bahamut, 9-1 = 8

Aster can have the condition Dumb Bitch.

bahamut fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Sep 4, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 1/5

I cringe a little at the names Emily has for the others, but given that Tara has left Emily behind more than once to try and take care of things by herself, I understand the frustration with it. They are both trying to help the city, which is good, but this is not a team by any definition of the word. I also don't know either of them well enough to ask one of them to try to be the bigger person. "Tara and I both had car trouble. In the sense of someone or something cut up our tires, then proceeded to create a lot of damage on the cars with what appeared to be a key. They left a threatening letter, and it would bother me more if I knew that it wasn't just some petty vendetta from school. It could be Sebastian for all I know, although this seems extreme for his usual behavior."

I look over towards Merrill and the others, then towards Cass and his attack of a sleeping man, my eyes going wide as I watch what is happening. "I'm assuming this is unusual for public transportation in this city, yes?"

Gazetteer
Nov 22, 2011

Cassius
"Motherfucker!" Brayden bellows, and then his large, hard-knuckled fist is smashing into your jaw. Take 1 harm.

He surges to his feet, cursing loud enough to draw the attention of the rest of the car. Two large boys also stand up with him, however. "Hold him down!" he shouts, and suddenly each of them have grabbed one of your arms in a vice-like grip. Brayden cracks his knuckles, ignoring the trickle of blood running down his nose. "I told you you were dead-meat, loving nosy little human being!" he yells at you. One hand rubs at the spot where you hit him before, but it looks like he's prepared to start whaling on you in a minute.

Chi-Chi
You want to be gone. You wish you could just sink through the floor. Or crawl under the seat, where no one can see you. No one gives a poo poo -- you're not even enough of an entity for a hot guy to flirt with. It was all a ploy to get at some loving blonde.

You want to turn invisible. And so you do.

Become your Darkest Self.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Conditions: Blind to Facts

I pause when he calls for me. I really shouldn't turn around. I mean, I just thought all those bad things about Matt. I wasn't just gonna come back to him just because he says so, looking all loving sexy in that seat of his and beckoning me to join him with his lady friend or whatever. loving chav. gently caress that...

...ugh.

I'm about to turn around to answer him, but something else breaks out nearby. A loving fight with Wingate. What?

I turn back to Matt to discover something else weird. "Hey, where's your girl?"

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

Harm 0/4 | Exp 2/5 +1

When I see the reaction to Cass' punch, I am somewhat surprised. Not that he doesn't deserve the fight, but it wasn't even the slightest bit fair. "I'll be right back." It was all I could get out before moving as quickly as I could to close the distance on the muscleheads and Cass. I get close enough to not have to shout, standing over them while standing straight up. "First, your girlfriend. And now you need two other people to beat up a boy half your size. Perhaps you should find a puppy to kick as well?"

[19:20] <thelazyblank> Yeah, tagging woman-beater to combo this Shut Down.
[19:20] <thelazyblank> !r 2d6+1
[19:20] <Krysmbot> thelazyblank, 8+1 = 9

Give him the condition of Cowardly Bully.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

I’m still smiling at Merrill, this time in a more earnest fashion. “What are you talking about? She’s right...” Here? Lord in heaven, where did she go? This...this has never happened to me before. She can’t just walk away from me like that. Unless...? Clearly perturbed, I scour the subway car and find nothing. It’s like she’s vanished. Blasted ghosts!

Oh, and there’s blood now. That poor chap is receiving quite a beating. And it’s just dripping, all down his face and onto his clothes. What a waste. I lick my lips almost subconsciously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Harm 0/4 | Exp 0/5 | Adv 1 | Delusional / Darkest Self

It doesn't really sink in at first - let's face it, this is distracting. Like, do you understand how humiliating this is? What just happened? He didn't even try to pretend, and the worst thing is it fuckin worked, she just stopped short and turned on her heel, and--the gently caress are they talking about now?

"I'm right here, assholes," I growl, maybe a little too loud. Weird, nobody seems to notice, even with whatever's going down at the other side of the car. "You don't have to get all passive aggressive about it; you wanna throw down, I can throw down." Nothing. He turns and looks right past me.

"Don't fuckin ignore me." I reach out to give him a shove and my hand goes right through him, and that's when it finally hits me. I'm gone. Like, gone gone. Nobody in here even knows I'm around. Oh my god. No, no, no, no. Maybe it's just him. I step over to Merrill and reach toward her, and nope, same thing. Oh no. Ohhhhh no, they're killing me again, they're fuckin killing me again and I can't go yet I still have to find out what happened and WHY DOESN'T ANYBODY CARE--

Unresolved Trauma: 2d6+1=10
  • Merrill gets Blamed.
  • Matthius gets Blamed.
--huh. The...huh, one of the lights by the door just kinda...popped. Was that me?

I try again. It's like reaching out, kind of, but...not actually reaching out. gently caress, I dunno how to describe it, but I can feel the stuff around me. The junk lying around the subway car, people's bags, the lights and the wiring...

This is a whole new level of freaking out.

For my advance I am taking the Sasquatch move Hidden in the Scenery.

Solomonic fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Sep 1, 2014

• Locked thread