Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Gobblecoque posted:

im pretty sure the only actual improvement that oblivion made is the ability to cast spells without going into casting mode

I missed this when I played Skyrim. The way I solved combat situations in Oblivion was "fight till I get bored, shoot broken magic"
It's become the opposite at high levels in Skyrim. Shoot fun magic until bored, murder with sword.

That or stealth kill everything in any TES game ever.

The funny thing about the problem with Oblivion's combat is that using its broken levelup system you could avoid it. Make primary skills ones you don't use. Never level up, enjoy exploring. Counterintuitive, but simple.

I still miss Morrowind h2h though. Punching someone until they pass out, then murdering them while they lie down defenseless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread