Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What's up, Imp Zone? Normally I try to stay calm and collected but I can't right now because I am loving livid. I just finished playing through Dawnguard, which has to be one of the biggest DLC scams Bethesda has pulled off since horse armor. I'm so furious that I'm going to go into a bunch of detail about why Dawnguard is loving poo poo.

What playing as a vampire is like.

The Story of Dawnguard, AKA A bunch of asinine bullshit
I load up Dawnguard thinking I'm going to have a bunch of cool Vampire adventures, but it was all a lie. First of all, being a vampire makes everyone hostile to you, even the other loving vampires. This is just the first in a long list of mistakes Dawnguard makes. Both of the questlines seem to be loving identical, which is just really lazy. So, I rushed through Dawnguard cause the Vampire's head cheese says that the Elder Scrolls will give him a way to block out the sun or some poo poo. What he really means is that you'll have to spend loving hours searching through caves to find the most mundane poo poo possible, like some bark knife so you can get some bark so moths will follow you. After these stirring adventures, you're sent off to find Akatosh's bow, which surprise surprise, is in the middle of another gigantic loving cave system. After going through miles of bland, uninspired caves you come across this Snow Elf vampire dude. This guy then tries to kill you and take your companion to get back at Akatosh somehow (???) It's then revealed that he made the whole prophecy up, a prophecy that's described on 3 seperate Elder Scrolls. I have no idea how the gently caress this even makes sense, but okay. Then you go back to your vampire castle and murder your boss and the story ends. The Sun is still in the sky, which if you're a vampire adds a lovely low-effort visual effect that makes gameplay impossible. Nothing else in the gameworld changes, and everyone will still attack you one sight if you go without feeding every 5 minutes. Please, imp zoners, do not buy or play the Dawguard expansion for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

TL:DR
Please, imp zoners, do not buy or play the Dawguard expansion for the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It made me feel a bunch of emotions, primarily disappointment and rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿

Wormskull posted:

Don't buy Skyrim either... unless you want to have an awesome experience lasting, literally, hundreds of hours.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I thought that with an entire expansion focused on vampirism it would be better :(

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
What little I played of Dragonborn was very cool, cause you get to go around getting hosed up on flin and sujamma.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I can't play Dragonborn because I see all the cool poo poo and Solstheim and quit the game instead of taking a boat back to boring rear end Skyrim

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Oblivion was my first Elder Scrolls game and has so many modern gameplay conveniences that I cannot physically stand playing Morrowind and that makes me kinda sad.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
If you're a vampire, the only way to start the DLC is to go to Fort Dawnguard and join the vampire hunters for no reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
Oblivion is really cool and fun while Skyrim is really uncool and fun. Just compare the DLCs, Dawnguard and Dragonborn both suck while Knights of the Nine and Shivering Isles were both really cool and awesome. And the Thieve's Guild questline in Skyrim is one of the biggest pieces of trash videogame I've ever played, worse than Dawnguard. All of the guild questlines in Skyrim are really bad and it's really dumb how they don't affect anything in the slightest.

• Locked thread