Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
N: Percy Harvin is now a Jet, so he's done for the week. The news broke the day after LaFell already played, during Jordan Matthews bye.

V: Welcome to my starting lineup Cody Latimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

6-1 and fully prepared for the Paul Richardson Era :getin:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wow, Foster came through & I stole that win. Sorry Last Place.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

N: Percy Harvin is now a Jet, so he's done for the week. The news broke the day after LaFell already played, during Jordan Matthews bye.

V: Welcome to my starting lineup Cody Latimer.

Ouch. Thanks for the win I guess but that's brutal.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Well Geno smith turned out to be a bum prospect. But I needed to thin out my Qbs anyways.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Well Geno smith turned out to be a bum prospect. But I needed to thin out my Qbs anyways.

I honestly wouldn't cut bait quite yet. Geno had a 71% completion rate his senior year, compared to a 56% rate with these awful jets receivers. They've been steadily building an O-line that should be pretty good for years to come, but at the cost of receivers. Here is the entire list of WRs that the Jets have drafted over the past 6 years:

Jalen Saunders
Shaquelle Evans
Quincy Enunwa
Stephen Hill
Jordan White
Jeremy Kerley
Scotty McKnight

I'd give him another year with Decker and Harvin, and see if the Jets actually draft a decent WR this year.

edit: whelp, didn't see that I was too late. Oh well!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

man I was all set to swoop in & steal Geno off the FA pile...then I remembered this is the one league where I don't need a QB. I have 3 starters this week now that Mr. Irrelevant Mettenberger is starting for TEN!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I have a very strong feeling that I'm going to lose this week and that the RBBC in Cleveland will be the decisive factor

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I bet I can win 1 more game this season. Ball/Stacy turned out to be possible the worse draft day decision I've made in years. At least it'll stick with me?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Wuntvor, the number of points the two of us are scoring against one another is approaching some pretty absurd levels.

There's a chance we combine for 350.

And yet, Kettle is still projected to beat both of us. :stare:

edit: also, so much for Geno being worth holding. You may have made the right call Marshmallow. Throwing for 5 yards and 3 interceptions might be the worst statline I have ever seen for a starting quarterback.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Oct 27, 2014

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Final combined tally: 368

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I'm really bad at making team names, but I seem to have done pretty well at actually picking the team.

And opting not to trade Golden Tate, that looks like a good move in retrospect

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Forever_Peace posted:

Final combined tally: 368
Wow, that's insane indeed.. Wasn't even watching my score so much as I was in London to watch the Lions/Falcons game and spent the evening in a pub watching the other games. Seeing all those Roethlisberger touchdowns was pretty funny though. :)

I guess I'm just pretty lucky so far, my bench has so few points it's not even funny.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
And the upset is in!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

KettleWL posted:

I'm really bad at making team names, but I seem to have done pretty well at actually picking the team.

And opting not to trade Golden Tate, that looks like a good move in retrospect

Stat corrections will probably ruin this, but if we had played each other this week, we would have exactly tied, right down to the hundredth of a point: 173.68 to 173.68.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Stat corrections will probably ruin this, but if we had played each other this week, we would have exactly tied, right down to the hundredth of a point: 173.68 to 173.68.

Commish needs to manually edit the schedule. Make this happen :colbert:

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

And still would have lost to the drat dolphins :(

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I just realized something dumb - If I trade my first round pick does that mean I dont get to keep the player I selected in the first round? Or does that player now cost my next highest pick and so on down the line?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
We basically switched over to dynasty so you keep 15 dudes (rounds don't matter, they're just 1-15 at that point), then we have a 7 round draft. You traded your first in that 7 rounder.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Azhais posted:

We basically switched over to dynasty so you keep 15 dudes (rounds don't matter, they're just 1-15 at that point), then we have a 7 round draft. You traded your first in that 7 rounder.

Alright that's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure I followed the change in policy before I regretted any dumb decisions.

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Holy Christ I didn't expect this out of Lynch :stare:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Dear Wuntvor,

I want to apologize for what the Carolina Panthers did to your fantasy team today. Nobody deserves to go out like that.

Sincerely,

Azhais

voodoo dog
Jun 6, 2001

Gun Saliva

Azhais posted:

Dear Wuntvor,

I want to apologize for what the Carolina Panthers did to your fantasy team today. Nobody deserves to go out like that.

Sincerely,

Azhais

Yeah, I was pretty optimistic when I went to bed.. Then I got up this morning and saw those points.. 9 sacks, 3 ints, 1 td, what the hell. :)

Still, I've been pretty lucky this season, not going to complain about that. Especially because 9 of my players were on bye last week.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

y'all fools for not believing in Kenny Britt

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It'd been so long, I'd forgotten what it felt like to win.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd like to protest last place not even setting a lineup :colbert:

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Azhais posted:

I'd like to protest last place not even setting a lineup :colbert:

MysteryPlayerX didn't either, so Mike Evans exploded on his bench while bye-week Justin Forsett took up the flex spot.

I had the high score last week by almost 30 points, but that one switch would have had me beat!

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

gently caress LE'VEON BELL

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
God bless Le'Veon Bell

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
If last place and mystery player continue to not set lineups we can look for replacements come next season. If they are in a playoff viable spot maybe this season.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Marshmallow Blue posted:

If last place and mystery player continue to not set lineups we can look for replacements come next season. If they are in a playoff viable spot maybe this season.

Sounds good to me.

If Mystery makes the playoffs and is still MIA, I vote you start setting his lineups based on the site's own projections. Leave him be for the regular season though.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

drat you Emmanuel Sanders, getting cleared to play and me not noticing and leaving you on the bench :argh:

Harold Cooplowski
Sep 11, 2013
Started Graham

Flexed Fleener :getin:

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

So, how do our tie breakers work, because I have no idea how I'm in the playoffs.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

So, how do our tie breakers work, because I have no idea how I'm in the playoffs.

Welp, it certainly looks like it ain't total points, head to head, or "overall" win-loss. Maybe divisional record? Does anybody know where to find that?

FWIW I like your team and think it probably "belongs" in the playoffs anyways. It'd just be good to know how it got there!

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

Welp, it certainly looks like it ain't total points, head to head, or "overall" win-loss. Maybe divisional record? Does anybody know where to find that?

FWIW I like your team and think it probably "belongs" in the playoffs anyways. It'd just be good to know how it got there!

In the settings it says Head to Head.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

In the settings it says Head to Head.

I thought I smoked your team a few weeks ago?

(pun intentional)

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Forever_Peace posted:

I thought I smoked your team a few weeks ago?

(pun intentional)

You did if you are Groundcontrol. I lost to you, and I beat Jerry in our matchup. In your matchup with Jerry he beat you....I have no idea. You got screwed though. You have the most points for, and against.

e. I have more against.

Honore_De_Balzac fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 2, 2014

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

You did if you are Groundcontrol. I lost to you, and I beat Jerry in our matchup. In your matchup with Jerry he beat you....I have no idea. You got screwed though. You have the most points for, and against.

e. I have more against.

Oh, no that makes sense! I forgot that "head to head" doesn't actually mean how I do against just you, but rather how all four of us 7-6 teams fared against one another overall. I beat your team, but that was it, while you and Harold Cooplowski (Frogout) must have each won two games against the other 7-6 teams.

Seems fair to me. And honestly, pick 1.6 sounds pretty good for next year!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Yeah good luck in the playoffs guys! After that ill get a full draft list up calced after the few draft trades we had

• Locked thread