Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

In as Tecmo Bowling for Columbine.

Not a fan of IDP. A fan of worst team -> first pick and so on. Never had a problem with people being cute with their keepers, but I can see how somebody could :spergin: over it and suck a lot of the fun out of the draft so I'm fine with secret keepers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I missed my draft last year with the first pick. Ended up with AP, Stevan "Fumble Machine" Ridley and David Wilson in the first three rounds, leaving me a Roethlisberger/Schaub starting pair of QBs :suicide:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think you need to use the Customize Draft Board to manually set what keepers we want. I'm advising blind because I can't see the pages, but these links might help:
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-keepers
http://www.nfl.com/fantasyfootball/help/custom-draftboard

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I think that makes sense. Sort of.

Looking forward to the draft (and planning to be punctual since I have to lead us off) this weekend!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

8-5, tied for fourth. Sweet.

And no I'm not trading for the Bills defense. Taking the Patriots was strategic because they have six games against the Bills, Jets and Dolphins :colbert:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I told you all he was going kicker there, and nobody listened to me. I don't want to hear it when somebody (everybody) loses thanks to Gostkowski's kicking.

Zach Mettenberger was Mr. Irrelevant, and yet he's in position to be the first rookie QB to see the field this year (unless the rumors are true & Carr managed to steal the starting job in Oakland).

Not thrilled with the middle of my draft, I think I took a bit too much in backups for depth and left long-term keeper options at QB/RB on the board just one round too long. Pretty happy with the start and finish, and I like my roster.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

cecil Shots is my new favorite typo.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Honestly even though it's not what we agreed upon I think just the 7 round draft at the end makes the most sense at this point. Maintaining those initial draft rankings is only going to get more convoluted as trades and free agency continue.

Plus there's the issue that, say AP retires after this year but his owner (Dontrel, I think) wins the league. Unless somebody else drops their first-rounder he gets the #1 pick while whoever the worst team is might not pick for quite a while depending on how far down the draft rankings their first non-kept player falls. I mean, there's balance there because Dontrel would be losing a great player, so it makes sense to give him a chance at compensation...but is it fair that the best team gets the first shot to reload over teams trying to rebuild? Of course we all drafted with the notion that the rankings would matter so some older players went pretty high...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Forever_Peace posted:

In the very least, I propose that the first 20-30 picks this coming year still be determined by the overall pick value of players dropped. That should be easy enough to set manually, and provides a transition into a new system that is less grossly unfair.

Pretty sure it's doable:

quote:

Click "Select Keeper Players" and you will see all keepers set to the initial rounds of the draft by default. Simply hover over a pick and when you see the pencil icon, click the cell to display the keeper selection tool. Choose the specified keeper who should fill that slot (click done to confirm the change). You will note that the keeper then swaps into your chosen position. Repeat over and over until all keepers are in their correct slots and then click "Submit". When your league draft room opens, keepers will be placed on each individual team as you specified and when those picks are up to draft, they will be skipped, as the pick has already been made for you.

I can't see the keeper settings rules and the FAQ just generalizes "or use some other setting you choose" so I don't know if there are set rules you have to follow or if you can manually set each team's keepers by the round they were initially selected & it'll filter through giving people draft picks as they have openings based on who they didn't keep like we originally assumed was possible.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

It depends on what the other owners do in rounds 1-10. If that 11th round pick is the first player dropped it's #1 overall (and would've been regardless).

If everyone drops in round 11 because of the slideback it's somewhere in the mix instead of the assured #1 it would've been had it not slid out of the 10th round.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Keeper hostage negotiations!

Let's just dump the round thing & go true dynasty. It's not what we originally discussed or agreed upon but it's become apparent that what we agreed upon is incredibly confusing and exceedingly difficult (if not outright impossible) to actually pull off.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Honore_De_Balzac posted:

More that it is a bad system in general.

Double dipping into a round should push up, not down.

How do you deal with somebody who keeps 1-14 and has two fourth-rounders? They just have to drop somebody in their top 4 rounds to make room?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

That looks pretty fair. Also very easy to determine who's likely to be picking where throughout the season for purposes of draft pick trading, which is a nice bonus.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Have to start Flacco over a probably-healthy Cam because if Cam can't go I don't want to drop anybody to pick up any of the free agent QBs that're starting. :(

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

All you have is receivers and all I don't need is receivers :(

Also I hear that Bernard Pierce fellow currently on your bench is due for a lot more playing time this season for some reason.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Azhais posted:

We'll see how well Bernard "Trent Richardson" Pierce does with that role

Hopefully terribly, since I have Flacco :haw:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Did you play me yet? I'm essentially a bye week. Which reminds me. If it doesn't improve soon, I'm going to have to make some moves.

You're playing me this week, start making some moves. :dealwithit:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

It's alright, not even cousins 35 pts could save my hobbled broke-rear end team.

Hey a 14.42 day out of Martellus Bennett wins you this week! A 2 TD game isn't out of reach.

e: 5 minutes in and you're already halfway there.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Sep 23, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wow, Foster came through & I stole that win. Sorry Last Place.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

man I was all set to swoop in & steal Geno off the FA pile...then I remembered this is the one league where I don't need a QB. I have 3 starters this week now that Mr. Irrelevant Mettenberger is starting for TEN!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

drat you Emmanuel Sanders, getting cleared to play and me not noticing and leaving you on the bench :argh:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The championship game is a battle of attrition, I left ~17 on the bench (Newton over Flacco and literally anyone over Blount) and I trail by 25.4 with only Emmanuel Sanders on Monday night.

There's still hope!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:suspense:

e: congratulations to Holding Penn. Have it a hell of a run but Sanders just didn't have another 3 points in him (and i don't think he was even on the field the last 3 minutes or so).

If you started Dalton and Bernard it wouldn't have even mattered so thanks for making it close!

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Dec 23, 2014

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Are we still doing secret keepers?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Back for another year!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I haven't done anything but put a reminder in my calendar to show up for the draft.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Projected 4-9, sweet. Really close matchups all year, though; the toughest matchup of the year is @ 42.7% probability to win, and the easiest game has 60.6% probability to win.

& yes I did mean to keep two defenses and two kickers, I kept all the depth I felt was reliable and let the rest go, and looking at who I released I'm happier with NE/BAL defense and PHI/CAR kickers than anybody else I could've held on to.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ben Nevis posted:

You know, it really doesn't bode well for my prospects that two of my players were cut before the season. Still, Tecmo Bowling is going down!

Like hell we are!

...is McCoy healthy yet? I'm running out of RBs...

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

e: Holy poo poo Tecmo Bowling for Columbine had quite the week. Blount was his 5th highest scoring player.

If this was FanDuel or DraftKings I'd be a rich douchebag this week :retrogames:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Big score last week, no score this week. That 80-something I posted was 3 points off the literal best I could've scored.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Two minute drill, let's run the ball! gently caress Todd Haley, I'm going to lose by four tenths of a point thanks to that dipshit run call

e: I'm sorry, eight tenths of a point because HE CALLED TWO RUN PLAYS

e2: I am less mad now that a two minute drill ended with a touchdown run, but seriously before that, I was robbed.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Oct 13, 2015

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm almost out of receivers.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:ssh: They should totally not do that.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I'm in.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Wow picking keepers was really easy this year. Hooray not having any depth!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'm back and forth on if I should keep Alex Smith as a 3rd QB, or rely on Winston as my starter for 4 games while Brady sits.

Should've drafted Jimmy G :smugbert:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Not sure if I can make the draft because I'll be at a cottage with spotty internet, but I will definitely pre-rank.

e: Hmmm, does nfl.com not remove the keepers from the available player list?

IIRC it just sets your "keepers" as your first fifteen rounds' worth of draft picks.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Forgot to update flash on the laptop I have to use to draft today, RIP my chances of not drafting lovely

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

He better not!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Don't get hot, son, for Watson? Disregard advisor, tank for Kizer? On the hook for Dalvin Cook? Safe bet Fournette? Flub for Chubb? Engage in faffery, draft McCaffrey? :iiam:

• Locked thread