Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Not really a regular, but I'm willing to jump in, just need to make sure I'm free for the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
OK, I'm in as Johnny Foosball.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I kinda like the turn. Lots of time for bathroom breaks.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
This is my last draft this year, and I'm pretty excited.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So when is this regretting supposed to start?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

For me, it was somewhere around the time I drafted Chris Johnson with the pick I traded away my 4th round for. Also, I think I drafted Troy Niklas?

I'm positive I drafted C.J. Fiedorowicz. Pretty sure he's going to be the next Gronk. That seems probable.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Even if it says I'm finishing in 8th and going 5-8, I'm not too upset with anything. A couple instances of trying to wait just a bit too long, but I think it'll play out OK. Somehow I drafted more Jets than intended.

Ben Nevis fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Sep 1, 2014

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I don't really have much of an opinion. I mostly just decided to figure out the keeper aspect after the fact, so it doesn't change much for me whatever.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I am glad I did not have to wait very long for my share of regret.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
After an embarrassing last week (and losing in another league to some schlub because somehow starting AJ Green and Jamal Charles was a fatal mistake) I find this week far more comforting than regretful.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm thinking Julio helps me to 2-1 this week. Things are looking up!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Ben Nevis posted:

I'm thinking Julio helps me to 2-1 this week. Things are looking up!

It did not take that long for this to be proven hilariously wrong.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

My opponent has 55 Points form 3 players.

Mostly Eli. That was most unexpected.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

It's the comish curse. Cause I didn't have my poo poo together, I'll finish in 12th place.

The "Good Thursday Games" curse is worse, apparently.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I don't even know anymore. So much regret.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I bet I can win 1 more game this season. Ball/Stacy turned out to be possible the worse draft day decision I've made in years. At least it'll stick with me?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
It'd been so long, I'd forgotten what it felt like to win.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Wow, I can't believe I really won. There's so many people who got me where I am today. I've gotta start with Zac Stacy. Zac, I couldn't have done it without you. They said Mason was built to be a third down back, that you could beat out Cunningham you'd done it before, but you, you proved them all wrong. Montee, where are you big guy? Thanks for nothing. Rashad, man, sorry about that ankle. Maybe next year. Last but not least, I've got to thank Michael Crabtree. When you're in a jam and need a talented player to step up, Crabs is nowhere to be found.

Thank you all so much for making this first season of dynasty and unforgettable experience. Buncha lousy chumps.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I did not do all that tanking to get the first pick only to drop out in year 2. I'm back!

If, uh, anyone wants some Dolphin's receivers, holler.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
They're also listed on the league page under draft info.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Oh, we're drafting again?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm just foolin', I'll be there.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Projected record 2-11. Wooo! Go team!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Couple of weeks and we're off! Hopefully this season goes a little better for me. I have hope, but not much.

At this point I have more hope than regret. We'll see as the season starts up!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
You know, it really doesn't bode well for my prospects that two of my players were cut before the season. Still, Tecmo Bowling is going down!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Halfway through my projected wins for the season. Very excited!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Welp, I started Woodhead over Devonta Freeman and now I'm down 15 points instead of up like 20.

Need Charles to outscore Kelce by 15. Knowing Andy Reid, it's possible.

Stupid Chris Ivory. It's probably not his fault. I'd at least be competitive had I started Karlos Williams or Alfred Blue.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Man, this was the week I should have played Hankerson over Julio. Who knew?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

I think we can all agree I should have won this one.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Forever_Peace posted:

I also think we all need to take a moment to acknowledge the manner in which Harold Cooplowski has been winning games.

Week 1 overall record (against all other teams): 1 win, 10 losses.
Week 2 overall record: 0 wins, 11 losses
Week 3 overall record: 1 win, 10 losses
Week 4 overall record: 1 win, 10 losses.

Overall win/loss record: 3 and 41
Dead last in points scored.

Actual win/loss record: 2 and 2 :psyduck:

That is something special.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
My team picked a great week to poo poo the bed marginally less than my opponents. 2 wins! That's all I get, according to the team ranker after the draft.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Barring a truly stellar effort from Amari Cooper, I think I've got the week against Last Place locked up.

No regrets this week.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Forgot to submit the lineup with Gurley in? No big deal when your opponent has like 18 people inactive this week. I'll take it!

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Marshmallow Blue posted:

Is someone not submitting lineups?

Oh, he literally had like all his team on bye or injured. It really was at least 15 guys. I assumed it came down to dropping actual football players for whatever scrapings are available on the wire, and he just had too many spots to fill to make that a viable option.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Gobias Ind. posted:

Undefeated season comes to an end because Ryan Fitzpatrick is a dummy and didn't slide. Lost by 0.06 as a result :argh:

I'm busily praying for no stat corrections.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I was expecting another rough season and am confused by success. :confuoot:

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

oldskool posted:

I'm almost out of receivers.

You look like a guy that needs Leonard Hankerson.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I knew the improbable win streak was unlikely to continue, but it's still no fun.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I'm in them after having just an awful team last year. I was seriously concerned that I'd be sucking for multiple years to come, but it's worked out OK. Montee Ball and Zac Stacy may have been the worst picks ever at RB to get a dynasty team started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Looks like they're projecting another close matchup. Good luck, Gobias!

• Locked thread