Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

1gnoirents posted:

its not the same robot dude did you even watch the god drat movie

I'm well aware, the real t 800 would never say "no problemo" or "don't have a cow" or "cowabunga" or whatever other dumb poo poo they wrote to make a killer robot appeal more to the TMNT crowd of babies in diapers whom the movie was written for.

People really hate T3 but that movie is a direct response and sequel to T2, all the dumb poo poo in T3 was derivative of dumb poo poo in T2, the first film was a lean mean sci fi machine that had no time for that kinda bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
loved this movie so much when it came out, that summer was the tops

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I'm well aware, the real t 800 would never say "no problemo" or "don't have a cow" or "cowabunga" or whatever other dumb poo poo they wrote to make a killer robot appeal more to the TMNT crowd of babies in diapers whom the movie was written for.

People really hate T3 but that movie is a direct response and sequel to T2, all the dumb poo poo in T3 was derivative of dumb poo poo in T2, the first film was a lean mean sci fi machine that had no time for that kinda bullshit.

what in the gently caress are you talking about?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Cyberball 2072 posted:

dang it that was about the robot killing machine becoming more human thru the power of friendship. its fukcing heart-warming or some poo poo.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Everything in T2 aged really well with the exception of John Connor's hair.

FuriousGeorge posted:

thanks to T2 i don't trust Dyson vacuums.
OMG I thought I was the only one.

paranoid randroid posted:

i like the first terminator better, but also the second aliens
I liked the first Terminator & the first Alien better but still love both sequels.

StashAugustine posted:

i like michael biehn too
I want to go back in time so 1984 Michael Biehn can put a baby in me too.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

did they ever mention the t800's weight? he's gotta weigh like 700+ lbs and that wouldn't do him any favors on a motorcycle

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
its like the dang "no future but what we make" thing even applies to the dang robit because he can choose humanity over beep boop exterminate directives

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Trixie Hardcore posted:

Everything in T2 aged really well with the exception of John Connor's hair.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

If you don't feel some sort of sorrow at this point in the movie just kill yourselfself-terminate.

naem
May 29, 2011

Holy poo poo I just remebered meeting the black scientist actor one time irl, the guy Sara tries to kill with her comically large LASAR sighted m4. He was grouchy

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I want to go back in time so 1984 Michael Biehn can put a baby in me too.

If I was a woman I would want this as well.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dont remember there being any indication that arnie was the good guy until that scene in the mall with the shotgun in the box of roses

the t1000 kills that cop in his first scene while arnie doesnt rip anybodys heart out at the bar like he did in the first one

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

autism

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

If you don't feel some sort of sorrow at this point in the movie just kill yourselfself-terminate.

I liked it when I was 12. I like it now.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

t2 owns

i didn't see the directors cut till years later and that version's better imo, i like the extra stuff. except the scene with kyle reese is kinda stupid, but the rest is good

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
james cameron actually did a good job of keeping who was the bad guy a mystery up until tthe reveal in the mall. Arnie decked out in all black kicking rear end, scowling, and stealing motorcycles from the start while being generally emotionless like in the first one. T-1000 is soft spoken and all his kills are kept off camera and implied. I still dig it.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I am saying that although a technical masterpiece with amazing special effects, direction and score that still holds up today, Terminator 2 is a bad example of a good movie due to shoe-horned in kid jokes, the effects of which are not only seen in further Terminator sequels but in big budget action and sci fi films since. I believe they took a terrifying character and performance and turned it into a walking cutesy joke machine.

tractor fanatic
Sep 9, 2005

Pillbug

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I am saying that although a technical masterpiece with amazing special effects, direction and score that still holds up today, Terminator 2 is a bad example of a good movie due to shoe-horned in kid jokes, the effects of which are not only seen in further Terminator sequels but in big budget action and sci fi films since. I believe they took a terrifying character and performance and turned it into a walking cutesy joke machine.

who cares the t-1000 is ice cold and one of the best movie monsters ever

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cyberball 2072 posted:

wow you have a bad opinion.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
that scene where the t1000 is pounding down the road on foot after their car as arnie unloads on him was fantastic & really makes you feel like theyre fighting something entirely unstoppable

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
while we are talking about cameron flicks, the sound production in aliens is so drat good.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

while we are talking about cameron flicks, the sound production in aliens is so drat good.

The sound of a pulse rifle gets my dick hard.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Cyberball 2072 posted:

I kind of agree with you actually, but my opinion is askew because I prefer the bleak style of the first one over the more aesthetically impressive effects of the second.

Terminator 2 is a masterpiece in its own right though.

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
not as good as Sneakers. it's on netflix instant, watch it

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Guancho posted:

Cootys Rat Semen

Love that film

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

VendaGoat posted:

The sound of a pulse rifle gets my dick hard.

i masturbate to smartguns

Guancho posted:

i havent seen this in years but it was pretty pro iirc. t2 still better tho

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
"hey vasquez, you ever been mistaken for a man?"
"no. have you?"

naem
May 29, 2011

Is no one going to ask me about meeting the actor, I'm so lonely

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

naem posted:

Is no one going to ask me about meeting the actor, I'm so lonely

No, because you said he was grouchy & I don't want you shattering my illusions.

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.

oldpainless posted:

He literally and figuratively sinks into a big bog of cheese.

fermun
Nov 4, 2009
I thought this thread was about tribes 2 and agreed. I guess terminator is good too.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Cyberball 2072 posted:

Yea T2 is great when they took the scary nemesis from the film Terminator and had him giving a kid high 5's and saying things like "no problemo." If there's one thing I look for in a great sequel it's dumbing things down and making it more kid friendly. I mean in that first terminator movie all he does is kill and kill like a heartless machine programmed to kill. In the sequel the terminator has so much more range making funny faces and totally rad joke lines and being bossed around by a lovely kid. So good.

1upclock
Sep 25, 2009

Taken completely out of context
Terminator 2 is in my Top 10 films.

On a side-note, I met Steve Ritchie, the man who designed the T2 pinball table, a few months ago. Great guy.

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost
the dropship pilot in aliens looks like lady gaga and i wanted to have sex with her

"we're in the pipe 5 by 5"

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

down n out posted:

the dropship pilot in aliens looks like lady gaga and i wanted to have sex with her

"we're in the pipe 5 by 5"

those lips

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

1upclock posted:

Terminator 2 is in my Top 10 films.

On a side-note, I met Steve Ritchie, the man who designed the T2 pinball table, a few months ago. Great guy.

I wanted my father to buy that one, but he bought The Shadow one.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

facebook jihad posted:

I kind of agree with you actually, but my opinion is askew because I prefer the bleak style of the first one over the more aesthetically impressive effects of the second.

i agree. the original's so-so-80s synth soundtrack suits it perfectly also and really adds to the mood

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

terminator 1 seems more like a john carpenter film than a james cameron film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Bleak 80s sci-fi is good. This is an opinion you cannot argue with.

• Locked thread