Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Lowen SoDium posted:

The Sarah Connor Chronicles bothered me a lot more than T3. Totally unbelievable that a teenage boy has a 100% loyal robot Sumer Glau that he isn't loving 24 hours a day.

I recall an episode where it was insinuated that they were loving.

I only liked The Sarah Connor Chronicles because it ignored T3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Irradiation posted:

The same could be said for T2.

T2 is saved by actually being good, though.

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
No doubt. It's also revealed immediately that he's a good guy so it's not that huge of a deal, but I think it would have been cool to write it leaving it ambiguous that the T800 is the good one up until the mall scene.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Movie snob? Like, loving some films and hating others with a passion for various reasons? Ok then.

You think you know love, then one day the limits of how much you thought you could love are exceeded and it's more than you could imagine and it it overwhelming, it consumes you. It's goes the same with hate.

I gave Terminator Salvation a chance because I love Terminator 2 hugely and T3 was a bit of a let down. Not rage inducing, just meh. I reasoned that Salvation simply couldn't be as bad because T3 was slated all over the place and they'd be sure to not fluff it this time. I sat down really wanting to give it a chance, I wanted to like it, but from the start it was a Michael Bay wet dream with every shot being less than 3 seconds long for the low attention spanners out there, dialogue filled to the brim with hot liquid cheese and a cgi fight scene in which I wished both combabtants would die. Maybe it bothered me because I loved 1 + 2 so much, maybe if I hadn't seen Transformers (the most terrible thing ever) I would have been more tolerant to modern clones of it, maybe if I was a ten year old boy with no discerning taste I might have been kinder to it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i think it would have been real cool if summer glau got naked a lot all the time

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Zzulu posted:

i think it would have been real cool if summer glau got naked a lot all the time

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
T3 is real bad which is a shame because they even did practical effects :( Plot is broadly the same as the last movie but tries to one up it and fails every time while also taking a dump on the message of the last film and the lore of the franchise. Then add amazingly bland actors and unmemorable action. I don't even remember how they defeat the lady terminator.

Salvation was a better and more memorable film but sags big time with the rebel section, amazingly obvious and suspenseful plot twists, generic computer "villian" and dumb mega terminator and motorbikes instead of actual terminators. Evil Arnie almost makes up for a lot of the film.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Agent Escalus posted:

Fanfiction on film.

But Salvation was better than 3. gently caress 3 forever.

And Cameron wanted OJ to be the T-800...

I thought Cameron used Bishop (Lance Henriksen) to shop T-1 to the studio. Had him dress up in the leather jacket and shades and possibly even wielding a prop gun.

Always just figured that's who he wanted for the role.

T-3 is fun because you get to see the part at the end when Skynet does the necessary to the human race and John just has to watch on those lovely old monitors at the rusty crusty shelter and listen to a bunch of guys on the radio say 'holy poo poo'. He's gonna be spending the rest of his life working with ex-military, and assorted right-wing survivalist types and praying for his inevitable death at the hands of arnie-bot 2.0.

Actually yeah just watch that scene and skip the rest unless you like action set-pieces with no good drama or plot connecting them.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This should have been Terminator 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHyEFefqAIk

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

nick stahl owns

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Dubious posted:

This piece of poo poo invalidated T2, gently caress this movie. 1/10

You can say the tv series invalidated T3, and also T4.

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
The last twenty minutes or so of T3 is simply amazing. It's literally everything you would want it to be, the end of the world, Arnold deciding to be a human or a machine, and the best part is John Connor's total freakout when he reaches the Presidential Superbunker and realizes that nobody is there, he's alone, and he's listening to mankind die around him. It's genuinely loving great.

Unfortunately, the hour and a half leading up to that ending is loving retarded.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

BottledBodhisvata posted:

The last twenty minutes or so of T3 is simply amazing. It's literally everything you would want it to be, the end of the world, Arnold deciding to be a human or a machine, and the best part is John Connor's total freakout when he reaches the Presidential Superbunker and realizes that nobody is there, he's alone, and he's listening to mankind die around him. It's genuinely loving great.

Unfortunately, the hour and a half leading up to that ending is loving retarded.

Lol nobody remembers at all claire danes being in this movie. didn't she make it to the bunker too?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

ethanol posted:

Lol nobody remembers at all claire danes being in this movie. didn't she make it to the bunker too?

Yeah, John and his girl get there and presumably bone for the 40 days and 40 nights of nuclear holocaust. But seriously, watch that scene, the acting is pretty incredible. His screams of rage are really loving heartrending.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

ethanol posted:

The movie sucks so much poo poo even Claire Danes being really good looking cant be remembered

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i don't think i've seen the first terminator, or if i have, i don't remember it. the second one i barely remember but i think it had robert patrick as like terminator deluxe edition or something

E: im kind of keeping them in my back pocket for a rainy day

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Lonos Oboe posted:

One thing about T3 that pisses me off is that it is all shot in this high key flat style. loving movie looks like a TV show.

Thank You! I've been trying to put my finger on why exactly I couldn't click with T3 and it's because despite having like 170M to blow the movie looks like a TV episode.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.

Fetus Tree posted:

i don't think i've seen the first terminator, or if i have, i don't remember it. the second one i barely remember but i think it had robert patrick as like terminator deluxe edition or something

E: im kind of keeping them in my back pocket for a rainy day

terminator 1 was the best one. terminator 2 was largely bad with a few cool parts like the nuclear holocaust scenes. kinda like matrix one and two only if matrix two had an annoying kid in it

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

calusari posted:

terminator 1 was the best one. terminator 2 was largely bad with a few cool parts like the nuclear holocaust scenes. kinda like matrix one and two only if matrix two had an annoying kid in it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

calusari posted:

thats weird i heard it was the opposite

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

calling t2 really bad is stupid but i can def see why people prefer the original

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Dubious posted:

Nick Stahl has the acting range of a 2x4, Claire Danes is p hot and Arnold phoned it in.

This piece of poo poo invalidated T2, gently caress this movie. 1/10

The TV show invalidated T3 though, so it is ok.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
There would have been more potential in TSCC but it was almost like they didn't want that show to succeed

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I like T1 better but they are two different styles of movie. T1 was meant to be a horrorish film, while T2 is more action.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I remember two terminators fighting in the bathroom and then thinking to myself "this is cool"

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
thats all i remember about that movie

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I just love the fact that the five minutes of "future war" scenes we had in T2 was more chilling and entertaining than the entirety of Salvation. There were barely any fields of skulls to be found.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
future war was better in T1 you fuckhead. gently caress YOU

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Lowen SoDium posted:

I didn't hate T3. I actually find it kind of enjoyable I treat it as a non-canon pseudo sequel.
right, like Islam

does anybody have that timeline goons put together to explain how the entire terminator franchise could be canonical with itself and it involved the events of the movies and tv show repeating themselves with slight variations over like 5 iterations or something

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Let's be clear here: T1 is the best. It's the first, it's the original presentation of the concept, it's badass. T2, while incredibly awesome, is a Hollywoood-ified remake of T1. Completely. Which is cool, but let's not say it's better than the original. OK?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

Also the music in T1 is way better. The hospital escape music is the only thing that comes close to touching the original score.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cubone posted:

right, like Islam

does anybody have that timeline goons put together to explain how the entire terminator franchise could be canonical with itself and it involved the events of the movies and tv show repeating themselves with slight variations over like 5 iterations or something

Does it include the 3D Universal Studios ride?

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

McDowell posted:

Does it include the 3D Universal Studios ride?

idk dude i didn't make it or read it

does that thing still exist
it has a t-1000 giant scorpion or something, right? I saw a thing about it on TV but my parents never wanted to go to universal studios

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

Let's be clear here: T1 is the best. It's the first, it's the original presentation of the concept, it's badass. T2, while incredibly awesome, is a Hollywoood-ified remake of T1. Completely. Which is cool, but let's not say it's better than the original. OK?

ANH > ESB?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

ANH > ESB?

ESB is not a remake of ANH.

EDIT: I mean, T2 is a deliberate, almost scene for scene remake of T1 - and this fits into the plot of these time traveling movies, too.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

redshirt posted:

ESB is not a remake of ANH.

is T2 supposed to be a remake of T1?

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

is T2 supposed to be a remake of T1?

Yes. Literally.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Cubone posted:

idk dude i didn't make it or read it

does that thing still exist
it has a t-1000 giant scorpion or something, right? I saw a thing about it on TV but my parents never wanted to go to universal studios

Florida and Japan still have them, the Hollywood one got closed to make way for a Despicable Me ride.

The giant liquid metal scorpion was the T-1000000 (pronounced "Tee One Million" and I am not joking) and the ride was actually pretty cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Cubone posted:

right, like Islam

More like Mormonism, but yeah.

• Locked thread