Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
SkyBet Championship 2014/15, the most difficult league to get out of.

Relegated from the Premier League last season, and so automatic favourites to return from whence they came, are cool and good lads Norwich City, the Welsh lot from Cardiff, and the Cottagers from Fulham.

Promoted teams from League One include Wolverhampton Wanderers, who could break into the top 6 in their first season back, Rovram United, who will return from whence they came, and Brentford. I have no clue about Brentford.

Fulham have made the biggest signing so far in the summer transfer window by stealing Ross McCormack from fellow promotion favourites Leeds United AFC, for a discount £11,000,000. McCormack will probably help his new club gain immediate promotion, which is deeply sickening. Derby and Wigan will probably do well. Norwich will be up there.

Blackpool have 10 players to choose from so far, so expect them to struggle. Millwall are pretty bad. Brentford are probably not strong enough to stay up, nor Rovram, but there's some bad teams competing for those three relegation spots so it's a very hard thing to predict.

Leeds, the biggest club in the division by a long way (lots of leeds fans in this forum) with their influx of Italian gods, and a manager nobody in the world had heard of six months ago, will either win the league by miles, or get relegated before christmas. Boro, another club popular with users in this forum, will finish below Leeds, or I have to pay more money to my bestest friends at man utd, probably. (They will play each other in the second game of the season, broadcast live on Sky Sports).

The opening fixtures, and league table:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Hashtag Nascar posted:

Have Blackpool got 11 players yet?

They've just signed Delfouneso again so they now have 12 contracted players.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pipski posted:

I know I said I wanted last season to hurry up and finish, but now I want this one to hurry up and start.

I'm terrified mate, I would rather skip the season to the end right now so I know what's going to happen

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Leeds are owed 800 grand by west yorkshire police

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I dont like Solskjaer very much at all for some reason

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
two garbage teams here, lads

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Hahahah Leeds are bad Boro are great

We'll find out next week

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Mmmm Leeds are bad

wow

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Leeds could only win their cup final thanks to a dodgy ref. My £10 is as safe as it has been for the last three seasons in a row.

yeah a club we have no rivalry with other than being part of the same county, at home, is def our cup final

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
"boro at home is a massive game m8" said no leeds fan ever

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

'Boro is not a massive massive game' all the Leeds fans rushed to post.

it isn't even one we look for at any point when the fixtures come out, but boro fans love to think there's a massive rivalry, same as teams like sheff wednesday and bratfud.

also, I think we won 1-0 idk i didnt see it

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I dont think there's a massive rivalry either what are you talking about.

The Boro coming to play is a massive game for any rugby town's football club.

well you said it was our cup final, which sounds like you think we care about it a lot but idk

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

Just going to get the last word in but whatever no biggy just going to keep posting about it.

lol

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

TelekineticBear! posted:

Leeds crew loves them and are also the coolest and handsomest posters going

This is a fact

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

Weird until now I thought you supported Leeds, but I must have been mistaken.

Hehe the joke here is that I'm neither cool nor handsome igi hehe

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
not happy about this evening's events. hockaday's tactics seem to comprise of 'kick them' and not much else

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
He won't make it past September. Cellino admitted it was a huge risk but said he wouldn't be shy about admitting to it, were it necessary. It's not looking like a masterstroke so far, anyway.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

I think Leeds will get wound up this season.

We will get wound up, by every post itf by Boro fans

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
we've just signed

idk if he's any good but he must be because he plays for leeds now.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pipski posted:

Hockaday to the dole office is A DONE DEAL.

thank loving christ

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
that was ace, 9 minutes added on because the net man doesn't know what he's doing

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
we're leeds united, we don't need a net

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Only livened up after the mini pitch invasions, but it's a good game now

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Giuseppe bellusci giving Bournemouth the blues

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Auntie nucci seals the victory! Season starts here phwoar

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
Sturm Graz boss Darko Milanic is apparently about to become the new gaffer at Dirty Leeds.

edit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29292258 - original source being Radio Leeds

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

TelekineticBear! posted:

The Milanic era starts now

Starts on Wednesday, I've been told

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Burqa King posted:

You shouldn't talk about your wife and child that way pissflaps

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Pissflaps posted:

That doesn't make any sense.

It does though

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
has anyone found a stream for leeds reading?

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
yeah wiziwig just updated the page a minute ago saying no wednesday games were streaming, boooooooooooo

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
:getin:

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Got The Hunger Ted posted:

I am worried that Norwich will finally beat Fulham tomorrow, bringing to end 100 years of thrashings and really dull draws

I've got money on Norwich, and if my luck stays as it has for the last couple of weeks, Fulham will win easily

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
this adryan lad looks pretty tasty

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
same! the only result i got wrong ffs gently caress you fulham

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

Its the big one tonight, the one everyones been waiting for

is there a stream for it? I'll be honest bse, I'm making GBS threads bricks at what might happen to us, this evening.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Blue Star Error posted:

He's a rootless internationalist for sure

lol nice

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
no

also cameron jerome is claiming one of the cool and good leeds lads racially abused him, the big fanny.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
tbf I have no clue what was going on today, we battered them first half, absolutely battered them, then for some reason we changed formation at half time and got battered. I'm not going to feel sorry for Milanic, at all.

Give it to the only man who's been any good at it this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010
I did pop into town after the game and bought a cushion, so it's not all bad news, btw

• Locked thread