Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love that people actually think corporations are evil.

Do you even know what a corporation is? Anything with an "LLC" at the end. Limited Liability Corporation. That means they filed their papers of Incorporation with the state to be Incorporated as an entity.

A corporation is nothing more than people trying to work hard and make money. I know that it is easy to see them as intrinsically evil, but this is demonstratively not the case.

I can be confident in saying over 90% of you are either unemployed (students or manbabies) or work for some type of corporation. You don't balk at the paychecks or benefits provided by steady work. You don't complain about the 401k matching or pop125 benefits provided by the IRS. No, you are mad because you don't make fifteen dollars an hour doing what a child should be doing during the summer.

Skilled labor often starts at $15.00 an hour when you are fresh and goes up from there. So why should I expect some impudent child working at Wendy's to make more than minimum? Oh, because they are 30 and never aspired to do better than food service? Too bad. They don't get to go back and choose another salary card in the game of life.

People need to take ownership of their lives and stop blaming the boogiemen. It isn't the "immigrants". It isn't the "corporations". It isn't the "gays". It is personal responsibility and it seems that no one exercises it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

A Fancy Bloke posted:

Source your quotes

On what? It is all accurate and common knowledge.

LLC is shorthand for Limited Liability Company but can be used as Limited Liability Corporation as well or just LLC or Corporation or Company.

In the common vernacular, most people simply refer to any company as just a company, and larger companies as corporations, however, any both have the same rights.

Skilled labor estimates are accurate depending on what your trade is and where you are located. Don't a ship-builder in a land-locked area, that sort of thing.

What else do you want to know. This poo poo is rudimentary.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Moridin920 posted:

So hey Ronyn if all those poo poo jobs are things children should be doing during the summer, then who is going to do that job the rest of the time

also how many times is someone going to say 'actually most minimum wage workers work 2 jobs and aren't teens at all but adults supporting a family' and have statistics to prove it before people stop the dumb gently caress 'oh lol it doesn't matter this is a non-important job for children.'

and if this is true:

then explain unemployment. explain gentrification, explain colonialism, explain predatory pricing and other unfair business practices (and explain why companies who violate laws on those things aren't prosecuted).

explain Kenneth Lay and other CEOs jacking people's retirement funds. explain wall street crashing the global economy in 2008.

but oh no it's all just on you, the individual. all wrongs in your life can be traced back to you the individual and if you think differently you're a fuckhead! it's like your parents didn't love you enough or something.

Unemployment:

Currently at 6.2% nationwide. Full employment ranges from about 4% to 6%, depending on your choice of economic theory.

Gentrification is the choice of cities to not expand as fast as their economies. SF is the perfect example of this. Planning and development can remove this. Having a vision of light rail and public transportation can limit the impact. Cities that invest in these projects benefit from this and nullify the effects of gentrification. But I bet you already know this and you are just trying to be dense.

Colonialism, and by this I'm assuming you mean corporate colonialism, a term used by the whiniest of Marxists: Is exactly what globalism demands. Small fledgling economies need corporate influence and ideas to grow, and those profits flood into those local economies. Our country benefits by leveraging the competitive advantage.

You say Predatory Pricing, I say Strategic Competence. I have a value in my company that makes our product cheaper. Our customers want it more and we drive our competitors out of business. I buy their shambling corpse up, fire the worthless idiots and put my people in charge and double my market share for a tenth of the price instead of trying to buy them outright. It is what business is built around, beating your competition. If I am lucky, someone will come after me because they are doing something better than I am. Hopefully I'm paying attention and I buy them out before they get too big to be a threat. This is whats called a SWOT analysis. That's Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat.

I have seen a number of very large settlements with financial institutions as well as them being forced to admit fault. I don't know about you, but the people in charge seem to have been holding companies accountable.

Kenneth Lay was indicted by grand jury, was going to get 20-30 years and died before he could face trial. I'm glad you are still angry about it. Too bad the stock market is at record highs now though...

By the way, the above is all personal responsibility. You just want to be mad at boogiemen. That is fine. It is comfortable being angry at someone else. It is very cathartic to walk away knowing that you are better than those filthy companies because they must be bad guys for making all that money, how dare they.

If only you were in charge, things would be different...

They wouldn't though. Would they? No. Everyone says that until they get into the big chair. Then they realize, it is never different.

MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Nation posted:

It is every single persons fault and you give tacit consent everyday you wake up to collect monopoly money to consume your slave made brands.

Burn in hell you make me loving sick.

I got a job interview today tho at a corp.

Congrats! I hope you get a job with benefits and a reasonable 401k with at least a 3% match (the minimum allowed with safe harbor provisions).

• Locked thread