Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

e: oof, what a snipe!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I love you but it’s a tank helmet and goggles. I still love you.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal

Crab Dad posted:

I love you but it’s a tank helmet and goggles. I still love you.

I knew it wasn't right, but I'm extremely lazy and this was the first WW2 poster I found that would still look OK based on the direction your head was facing. :effort:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Wifi Toilet posted:

I knew it wasn't right, but I'm extremely lazy and this was the first WW2 poster I found that would still look OK based on the direction your head was facing. :effort:

This changes nothing. Have a blessed day.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I just now realized my cat and i both have green eyes :aaaaa:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Got a haircut and shaved.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

You look very nice!

Something about the hat and nosering work particularly well together... maybe because they've both sort of got the same line weight?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
The Hail Satan looks a lot more fresh than the cross does.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I switched out my nose ring for a super gaudy hoop. Not sure if i will leave it in or not

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Ignite Memories posted:

You look very nice!

Something about the hat and nosering work particularly well together... maybe because they've both sort of got the same line weight?

Thanks! I dunno what it is with the hat. It doesn't really work if the bill is bent either.

Heath posted:

The Hail Satan looks a lot more fresh than the cross does.

Its about a decade newer. The cross was my first tattoo when i was 15. I got Hail Satan and the sigil of Lucifer under it when I was 25.

And i like it, Dixville! I got new opalite jewelry today, oddly enough. Not sure how I feel about it. The nose ring I just took out is the same one in pictures in this thread from years ago. (like the ones of me at Riotfest) Its been on a bit of a journey with me for six or seven years now.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Skulk Hogan posted:

Thanks! I dunno what it is with the hat. It doesn't really work if the bill is bent either.

Its about a decade newer. The cross was my first tattoo when i was 15. I got Hail Satan and the sigil of Lucifer under it when I was 25.

And i like it, Dixville! I got new opalite jewelry today, oddly enough. Not sure how I feel about it. The nose ring I just took out is the same one in pictures in this thread from years ago. (like the ones of me at Riotfest) Its been on a bit of a journey with me for six or seven years now.

Yes The opalite isn't right imo

However I think the other ring is too big as well

So I prefer my bullrings understated. I suppose a simple gold one is too pricey?
Also if "bullring" is code or something I apologize. You have a nice mouth, don't hide it, trim the stache and that and a tasteful ring will accentuate it :wink:

Spinz has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Jun 8, 2021

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

I hear ya, smaller just isn't a good option any more because the piercing itself is huge. I've worn plain steel captive bead rings in it for 12 years now. Thought I'd try changing it up but i think something with a curve might be a better fit. Also nice to not have to wipe everything i eat off of it.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I would like to learn ASL because we have a deaf longtime client at work who would probably be really happy if there was someone on staff that could sign at least a little, and also I really really need to stop saying "I wish I knew a second language!" and instead actually take the time to learn a second language.

What do you call someone that knows three languages?
Trilingual.
What do you call someone that knows two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone that knows one language?
American. :saddumb:

https://i.imgur.com/8aSxo9i.mp4

Yaaay I'm doing it. As you see me around the forums please ask me if I have practiced that day so that I am pressured to keep putting the work in and not just give up and slink away from this project like I usually do with new languages :lol:

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I only know how to spell in ASL. As I knew one friend who had a deaf mother and my friend taught me how to spell in ASL very fast. But the cool thing about her was she was able to read lips, and we only spelled corrections to her when she misunderstood something when she spoke to us.

Basically, its very good that you are learning it. I know I use that skill from time to time when I talk to the deaf community. I just do not do the whole advanced stuff.

I spent too much money on a new phone and I have been using it to do stupid poo poo like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcF362bay-M

I am 33 years old

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

whatchu saying, and how long did it take you to get there?

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

"I'm learning ASL... a little," and then because Amadeus had been bobbing around on my shoulder the whole time I was practicing, I added "this bird is silly."

I am as novice as novice can be lmao but I am going to try hard to learn lots!!!

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I am as novice as novice can be lmao but I am going to try hard to learn lots!!!

You can do it!

I’ve been self-studying Russian for a few years now, but only really started taking it seriously in the past few months. My goal is to always keep on that edge of “oh man I know nothing”—it’s a great way to never get complacent!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

"I'm learning ASL... a little," and then because Amadeus had been bobbing around on my shoulder the whole time I was practicing, I added "this bird is silly."

Very cool!
ASL, in my opinion, is one of those languages that is rough at first but then suddenly everything clicks in place and it becomes natural.

I took some classes in school and loved it. My partner is hard of hearing and we're going to have to become fluent sooner rather than later.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just had to learn some basic Portuguese in order to talk to a person in a game I play and learning new languages is super awesome keep it up!

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I would like to learn ASL because we have a deaf longtime client at work who would probably be really happy if there was someone on staff that could sign at least a little, and also I really really need to stop saying "I wish I knew a second language!" and instead actually take the time to learn a second language.

What do you call someone that knows three languages?
Trilingual.
What do you call someone that knows two languages?
Bilingual.
What do you call someone that knows one language?
American. :saddumb:

Hell yeah, Good Birb

The band probably didn't come up with that line but they say/said it on stage a lot.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

hello its been a minute since i posted here
things are in a spot for me
you all look great
happy pride

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret
I finally got my first Covid shot. Also enjoying these weird bone conducting technology head pieces and jamming out to music as I took my first jab.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Katamari Democracy posted:

I finally got my first Covid shot. Also enjoying these weird bone conducting technology head pieces and jamming out to music as I took my first jab.

What are those like? Something about resonating my skull puts me off but that pretty much how hearing works so idk

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Brawnfire posted:

What are those like? Something about resonating my skull puts me off but that pretty much how hearing works so idk

Its not the same as wearing headphones or earbuds. The sound quality is meh. But it is very neat to hear the music inside your head. Im also very hard of hearing from getting jumped on years ago losing 80% of my hearing. So these things to me sound leagues better than blasting 200% volume on my headphones.

Its also perfect for me to work at the office. I can tap one button to mute when I walk into the warehouse and tap it again to jam out to my music as im doing paperwork on my computer. You also still keep your situational awareness and can somewhat hear your surroundings.

Edit- Just did a phone test and people said they heard me just fine when I walked away from my phone. And it felt really weird hearing them inside of my head. I love the future. I feel like Solid Snake with his Codec. "It stimulates the small bones of your ear. No one but you will be able to hear it".

Katamari Democracy has a new favorite as of 00:00 on Jun 13, 2021

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

I use jawbone phones too. Also great for running where you'd still like to be aware of your surroundings.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Why have i been assuming this whole time that you were like 50-60+ lol

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

On my part, the word "old" in their SN was enough for me to think similarly. That's pretty superficial, I know

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Love my bone phones! Sound quality is pretty poor when out and about but now I can listen to music whole I cycle without giving up my awareness of what's going on around me.

Here's me on the train to go visit family for the first time in 18 months:

Bone phones not pictured

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

I had a pretty good hair day today

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Visiting my old hometown, hello from beautiful and humid Winston-Salem, NC

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

:negative:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

more like oldageless

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

As you see me around the forums please ask me if I have practiced that day so that I am pressured to keep putting the work in and not just give up and slink away from this project like I usually do with new languages :lol:

Have you been practicing today?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

He is. It's just that he has a bit of the old Benjamin Button. Give'm another ten to twenty, and the selfies will look like his grandkids.

B33rChiller has a new favorite as of 23:52 on Jun 17, 2021

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

New Wave Jose posted:

Have you been practicing today?

https://i.imgur.com/phQPoon.mp4

Hi Jose! Yes, I practiced ASL today. 🥰 Thank you! Have a good [emphasis!] day!

[also practiced the day you actually posted :lmao:]

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 03:16 on Jun 20, 2021

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

B33rChiller posted:

He is. It's just that he has a bit of the old Benjamin Button. Give'm another ten to twenty, and the selfies will look like his grandkids.

Also I love this sweater LOL.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Nothing

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jun 5, 2022

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Hey that's nice! I wouldn't mind learning to sign a bit, although I think sign languages differ quite a bit between regions so even if I did we'd probably not understand each other :sigh:.

Mom, a postwoman, had a coworker and friend who worked in the shadiest part of town (talking burned, broken-in buildings with boarded windows, drug trade centers and lots of rats). She's very outgoing and was really friends with the people there, and as it turns out, unsanitary living conditions can cause deafness in kids so there was a sizable number of deaf people among them. As she worked in a small, run-down office (can't go door-to-door in that neighborhood because quite often there are neither doors nor inboxes) bored neighbours would frequently stay around and chitchat. So she learned a bit of signing.

Almost half of it, it turned out, were swearwords. Someone thought it would be funny to teach the mailwoman how to swear in sign language and she happily learned it. I have seen her curse at other (hearing) co-workers in sign :newlol:.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Unearthed in the folks attic while hunting for something else - I'm guessing mid-90s, so probably 22-23 here :prepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grammarchist
Jan 28, 2013

The rainbow was close. I could smell it.