Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 17:59 on Aug 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Throwing my hat beard into the ring:

With:

Without:

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rcrPpKIxK8&t=20s

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 02:04 on Dec 18, 2015

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Let's play "Guess the decade"

I'm in the middle.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

You look mad at me :ohdear:

I don't really remember that day, but I'm sure I annoyed at my mom for dressing me like that, and at my dad for the very long photo shoot this was.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Looks like some kind of Nettle? Plant ID app says most likely Utica Urens, Burning nettle or dwarf nettle...which is edible!

At this young, the stinging hairs might not have come in, so you might be able to pick it by hand and not get stung, but personally, I wouldn't risk it, use gloves.

Then you can blanch it to deactivate the sting, and use it as a green like spinach (Sautee it,) an herb (turn it into pesto) or whatever else (I made stinging nettle soup last year, though I used older nettles and did not blanch them QUITE long enough and got a slightly irritated throat.)

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 20:49 on Apr 15, 2021

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Here I am last summer not understanding what a "baby" is or how to hold one:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Went disc-golfing last weekend, forgot a hat so had to borrow my friend's sweat band to keep my gross, hot sweat out of my eyes: