Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

syscall girl posted:

I met a woman who had 'phantom pains' for years. Turns out her doctor had left a sponge or a clamp or something in her (what checklist?)

Fortunately the statute of limitations ran out before she found out she had been sterilized so his insurance didn't go up :toot:

:smithicide:

Fun fact the technical term for this is "gossypiboma." One of those words that sounds funny but you wish it didn't have to exist!

Purple hair don't care

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Ok y'all with the rainbow hair are loving awesome!!

I found out if I hold my phone at my waist when I'm standing at the couch the dog continues to look up at me instead of the phone and it's a pretty goofy look for him.

Also bonus sleepy cat

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Have a peachy Tuesday!

Aw you have such a sweet smile! I feel like guys don't smile enough in pictures. I guess they think it's not cool or something.

Playing around with makeup today. I wanted to try to get a fall-ish look together but the lip balm ended up being brighter pink than I expected. I bought it like a year ago and wore it maybe twice until now so I didn't even remember what it looked like. I feel like I go through phases where I get really into makeup then I get bored with it or something and stop wearing it again.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Not sure if mug small or hand large

Schmeichy posted:

Oatmeal

Good morning sleepyheads

What is that laser cat thing around your neck?? I want one

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Hell yeah, that's goin in my cart and I'll totally buy it the next time I'm placing an order. Thanks pal :hfive:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
The blanket and scarf look awesome! I bought some basic cheap supplies to try crochet and see if I like it but I haven't given it a try just yet as I've been kinda busy. Obviously I'll be finding some really simple projects first but it would be great to make cooler stuff especially for gifts! The closest crafty thing I've done before was beadwork jewelry but I don't think I've done that since high school.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Cat found box. Dog is confused.

Moving is cool except for all the boxes everywhere.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

COOL CORN posted:

I just got back from a cabin trip with goons, and it was awesome. They’re good people.

The view was pretty good I guess

But now I’m home and tired and dirty

That's badass. Is that the great smoky mountains?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

COOL CORN posted:

Nope, Shenandoah Valley area.

Ah, bit further north. Still part of the Blue Ridge Mountains though. Beautiful place to visit. Looks like the weather was nice too.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Shingouryu posted:

Hey goons, I lost 60 lbs over the past year and grew something resembling a beard!

Holy poo poo congrats! That's awesome.

Teagan posted:

Still not tired of this wig, or sweater. Happy Friday, goons!

Love this so much, lavender is one of my favorite colors.

Finally got my hurr did. Went from about waist length to shoulder length. Still fits in a ponytail for work too so I'm quite pleased!

Before

After

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Oh, he's doing just fine. 6 months already.

That hair is ridiculous :3:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Alert doggo. There's a crow outside!!! I don't think he could catch a bird if he tried. He caught a lizard a while back and ran into the house with it. Getting it away from him was a challenge. I managed to sweep it back outside. I didn't realize lizards played dead but they most definitely do! It seemed unharmed though. Just slobbered on.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm still getting used to nice warm weather at Christmas time. The cat likes it!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Little chilly this morning (42F) but it's nice to have an excuse to wear a hat and scarf! Please ignore my sleepy face and the thing on my cheek that I didn't know about till I went back and looked at the picture

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm covered in animals

Please send help

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Sweet As Sin posted:

I see it as decoration and I'd treat is as a face tattoo, personally. I understand not liking the idea but facial scarification is not a new or terrible thing, and being so judgemental about an aesthetic preference is not even what was asked. I'm pretty sure Teagan knows she'll be asked about it a lot.

Queen Combat posted:

Exactly. I think of it the same way as I do "permanent" makeup, or facial tattoos, or whatever. If you want to do it, more power to you. All of the arguments that boil down to "think of the consequences!" or "but that doesn't fit my worldview" or "you're faking an injury" kinda don't get it, or may be simply misunderstanding intent (though I bear them no ill will individually).

From one T to another, sometimes you want to make the things that have been living or done inside, visible on the outside, perceived consequences be damned.

That's good that you guys are not ignorant about body mods, not being sarcastic at all it really is great, but the vast vast majority of people are not going to perceive it that way at all. They probably won't even consider it might be intentional.

I don't want this to turn into a dogpile on you Teagan but I agree that you really need to be careful about making this permanent. Maybe apply makeup that looks like what you want for a while first? In any case it is your body and your face and if you really know it's right for you, you shouldn't necessarily let other people talk you out of it. But I think people are just concerned you may not want the negative attention. I mean I feel like it wasn't that long ago that you were talking about being self conscious about your nose, and you have a beautiful face and there's nothing wrong with your nose so I would just worry how you may handle it if people are rude and awkward about the scar in public. Sorry people are lovely :(

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Anyways this discussion is decidedly Not Chill so I figure I should contribute a selfie. Pre work. Usually don't wear makeup but I had time this morning to do something quick. I like my new plugs. Kinda flashy but hey it's new years eve!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

D1E posted:

You have very pretty eyes! What color are they (I honestly can't tell)?

Thanks! I have green eyes. Yeah the lighting there makes it harder to tell.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Got home from work and immediately changed into this awesome onesie

I haven't totally ruled out going out tonight but eh :effort: I'd rather just chill with the critters at home. Plus my dog will probably stress about the fireworks so might be nice to keep him company.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Happy New Year!

Rocking the tomboy look today. Shamelessly showing off my plugs again, I got these a while back but kept forgetting to wear them :3:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Sweet double rainbow! Plus bonus dawg

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Met a boy that tells me I'm cute, (and doesn't "just want to hook up") feelin cute, wearin boots :3:

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Duzzy Funlop posted:

a) he's not wrong

b) you watch out for that there boy, boys will casually say stuff like they "don't just want to hook up"

Oh yeah I know. This is just the first that hasn't said "I just want to hook up" in a long time

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is it a mark of my upper middle class upbringing that I've never even considered greyhound or Amtrak to be travel options?

I took a greyhound from Nashville to Knoxville once, it wasn't too horrible but longer trips would kinda suck. My grandma on my dad's side used to always come visit us on the greyhound and we'd go pick her up at the station so I guess I was indoctrinated at a young age

There's also an Everclear song with the lyrics "got all drunk and sloppy on a greyhound bus, we passed out all them losers they were laughing at us"
So I always think of that when people mention it. I think they aren't doing that great and are having to cut back on routes last I heard. So, maybe not as much of an option!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Animale posted:

Tracker and me.

Night mode picture fail.

Shelly :3

That is one rad loving cat

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Well I'm like 600 posts behind on this thread but I found out my dog goes crazy for laser pointers and cat toys. Need to get some kinda teasers like this that are strong enough for a dog cause he made short work of it. But look at his face!

(Ignore my blurry mess)

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I guess I could actually post a self-selfie of myself but that would be too simple wouldn't it?

Apparently not! Enjoying the outdoors before it gets into the desert summer temperatures. I'm in a kiddie pool. I love my new hat. I give 0 fucks y'all :slick:

Edit silly phone text screwery

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Woah I honestly didn't even know you guys were talking about sun hats on this very page, how awesome. My plan was to post then read. Which, in most threads, would be really stupid, but here I figure it ain't as horrible, right?

Edit to avoid t-t-triple posting

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Never let that inside-voice that tells you you're not worth it convince you of anything, you're the loving star-player of your own brand. As often as you may think that extranous factors could impact your life, make sure to just tell those factors to straight-up gently caress off, because you're the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. You've taken a hit to your health? Tell that poo poo to gently caress off and improve your health in some other aspect. Your career has taken a hit? Tell that poo poo to gently caress off by adding more knowledge and certifications to your toolbox. A member of your family is suffering from a terminal disease? Tell fate to gently caress right off by supporting that member and letting them know you love them, because there is no sickness known to human kind that can make a mark on history as long as you keep faith with the afflicted and make sure they know they are loved throughout their ordeal.

This is so great, I love that you put this out there with no bullshit, no super fancy words, just the real feelings and the reality of human life. I'm having the same realization as I sit back and work on retooling my whole career after burning out hardcore on my job. For the second time in the last year (different job this time!). Thanks for this. It meant a lot to me to read with what I'm going through right now.
I also like your chili forest 🌶

Dixville has a new favorite as of 23:17 on Mar 31, 2019

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Random work selfie since I had no appointments the last hour today. I don't actually wear my hair down at work. I need a hair cut and color it's been over a year. Getting long.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
At the airport on my way home for Thanksgiving. I got this sweet new jacket and some new makeup I had to try out.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I might be matching the couch but I am ok w this

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Scathach posted:

Ready for the work Xmas party thing.

Managed to get regular earrings to behave. Kinda.

Looks nice! I haven't tried to wear earrings in a long time, I hate how poky they are and that's part of why I stretched in the first place. But they can be so pretty!

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

So much blue! I love it!

Getting ready to go to a conference this week so I gotta dress up

I never dress up anymore. It's pretty much scrubs or jeans/t-shirt for me most of the time. feels weird man. Also yes my room is a mess pls don't judge me

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Maalady posted:

30 and sleepy.

Lipstick looks amazing! I wish my hands were that steady lol

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Fatty Crabcakes posted:

I wasn't looking for a new dress, but a tiger print mini was just to trashy for me to resist

Tiger print is always a win in my eyes

I woke up super early this morning so I've been hanging out with my cat. I got a little too excited when he got in my selfie lol excuse my goofy face

Less goofy face but more cat tail

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Dogs eating edamame shells. What a goof

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
Kitty is so snuggly this morning

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

CannonFodder posted:

When I took that last pic I didn't get a close-up of the rad face mask a friend of mine made for me. It makes my ears stick out like :catstare:

As for video chats, I'm behind the wheel most of the time, and this is the view from my phone as I'm driving:

so imagine that with wind noise.

I got chins for daaaays.

We doin mask pics now? My mask is not as pretty...

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I finally did my makeup for the first time in a while. Nothing too complicated and I just did my eyes because the rest would just rub off on a mask all day.

Edit - that eyeliner looks fantastic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Liquid Communism posted:

I need a haircut, but not bad enough to put anyone else at risk. Gotta hate that bit between short enough to style and long enough to tie back, though...

Oh i always hated that phase when i was growing my hair out.