Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Sometimes I go into the bathroom at work and amuse myself by taking dumb selfies for a few minutes. My co-workers probably think I have butt issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I am extremely jealous of your hair.

This is mine.

I've decided to just let it do what it wants for the summer. It doesn't listen to me anyway.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Don't get me wrong, I like it. The first week of high humidity is always sort of a shock, though, and this is the longest my hair's been in a while. The sheer bulk of it amuses me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nascardad posted:

Haha don't be! That picture was taken on a day I used my friend's really expensive straighter. I'm usually rocking a jew fro.

The Jewfro. A hairstyle that has survived millenia of persecution. Pretty sure my grandpa's was all he had to declare on Ellis Island.

Here's mine in full-on attack mode:

It doesn't fit on my phone's portrait mode, I have to switch to landscape.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The Endbringer posted:

PLEASE tell me that at least once in your life you have dressed up for Halloween as Magenta from the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Never been too into Rocky Horror; usually I just go as a flapper out of laziness.

(Picture of a Polaroid, sorry. And my friend doesn't actually have a pixelated face)

My boyfriend and I are thinking of going as Axl Rose and Slash this year, if we can find the right stuff for it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

You have gorgeous cheekbones, cash crab.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

New lipstick. Not 100% sure I'm into it yet, anything that isn't bright red is a little out of my comfort zone. Also the rare selfie where I'm not baked as hell.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 19:20 on Jun 8, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

RC Cola posted:

It looks really good on you.

Action Jackson! posted:

I loving love your hair and the lipstick looks super good on you. I also miss weed since moving abroad. Now I just get to stare at my now useless Massachusetts medical card and remember simpler, higher times.

Thanks dudes :3:. Where in Germany are you, Action Jackson?

Busket Posket posted:

*pulls crumpled napkin out of bin*

Your awesome eyebrow game is reminding me that mine desperately need attention.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Action Jackson! posted:

You're welcome! I'm in Munich. It's loving awesome here even if the weather is frequently poo poo. Biergärten and Bavarian food make up for that.

Cool! My grandfather on my dad's side came over from Bavaria, apparently there's a town and castle with our last name somewhere. I'd love to make it out there someday.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Relative of mine just shared this picture of my brother and I playing dress-up as kids. I think we're 8 and 6 or thereabouts? He's 6'5" now, it may be the last time I was taller than him. Kinda wish I had that rad snake necklace/tiara today.

And here's a glamour shot of my big dumb adult face:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Busket Posket posted:

Was that the weirdly scratchy cloth-covered bendable gold snake that was in every Cleopatra costume from 1970-2000? It's still a good look, you could make it your thing.

I rediscovered a selfie worthy of the gang tag now, my pre-surgery I'm-not-scared-as-balls shot:

The surgery I was about to get, an L4-S1 360-degree fusion with titanium bits (spoilered for medical diagram):

(I woke up midway through the procedure and they gave me ketamine to make sure I didn't move and paralyze myself.)

And here's Lazarus, who thought she was hiding from me:

I have no idea. The relative who shared it has a sideline selling vintage jewelry and clothes, going over their house was the best thing when I was a kid. Also that surgery looks intense, and your cat is adorable.

Grandmother of Five posted:

lookin' great. i like the lipstick but you'd look killer in a bright red imo

Thanks! I usually wear red, but I've been in a bit of a makeup rut, so I'm trying to branch out a little. I'm sure I'll default sooner or later.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Cash crab, you're adorable :3:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Same, actually :tinfoil:

I mean, they are green, but they can look blue or grey depending.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Yes, but what color are your eyes?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Maybe we're all really jealous of stuff?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I don't know anything about hockey, but I am definitely on Team Whiskey. Cheers.

Buffalo Trace, not too shabby. I am currently extremely patiently waiting for my bf to get home so we can watch GoT. Also yeah, I'm basically Salad Fingers.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 03:18 on Jun 13, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

RC Cola posted:

Have fun!

:ohdear:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Hogge Wild posted:

there's no one in wheelchair

Maybe the wheelchair kid took the picture. He's probably into gadgets and stuff.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Oh my goodness, did he make you dig a grave for it too? :ohdear:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

My hair was straight until I was twelve or so and puberty hormones basically made it explode. The human body is a weird thing.

Or maybe she dyed it. Either way, it looks nice.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I also harassed a cat today. And straightened my hair. Both fought me.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Thanks, dudes and ladies :3:

Also, nerve, please either do this:

Mocking Bird posted:

Put them in your beard to keep them warm :neckbeard:

or carry one of them around in your shirt pocket at all times, rotating as necessary

Here are my two dorks, pretending to be jungle beasts:

Ivan (the black one) generally looks like a vaguely cat-shaped negative space in pictures, it's very rare when one turns out. Which sucks, because he's a ridiculous creature that likes to lay like this in areas of the house that get heavy foot traffic:

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 04:09 on Jun 19, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Handlebar= Tom Selleck or Tom of Finland. Chinstrap= either "the rebel" or "the quirky one" in a late 90's/early 00's boy band

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

The Jon Hamm bubble is a high goal that frankly people should be careful about claiming.

Claiming Jon Hamm is basically my life's ambition.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau is a decent competitor in the astonishingly handsome contest as well.

It occurs to me I may have a thing for slimeballs.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I sorta liked the ratty bathrobe with the applique coffee mugs, tbh.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Marla Singer is absolutely hot. I sort of wanted to be her but couldn't muster up the crazy, which is an essential part of the whole thing

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

I would back a American Gods movie.

Duuude. Have you not heard about the TV show?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

Whaaaaaat? :aaa:

Dude. Motherfucking Ian McShane as Wednesday.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Hopefully being on premium cable will help American Gods. It has a hell of a cast, I'm ridiculously hyped.

I'm reminded that Prime still hasn't added season three of Hannibal and I wish they would. I'm currently finishing up Boardwalk Empire, and though it's a very good show with amazing production values I just can't really get sucked into it.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

DUUUUUUDE! DUUUUUUUUuuuuuuUUUUUUUDE! he gets to be Odin!?

Cocksucker!

This is a good thing!

Also Orlando Jones as Mr. Nancy, which could work, and Gillian Anderson as Media, which will definitely work.

Also Peter Stormare as Czernobog and Cloris Leachman as the Slavic goddess whose name I can't recall. The casting is just insanely perfect.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 03:48 on Jun 21, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

I may or may not be rock hard at this thought.

It will mostly have to do with the practical effects.

You may have missed my edit, but it also has Peter Stormare as Czernobog and Cloris Leachman as the Slavic goddess whose name I can't recall.

I'll give you a minute to change your pants.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

VendaGoat posted:

They are both awesome actors, it's just, been at least five years since I read the book and how many handles of Evan Williams.....

I think I am going to have to get a reread in before this airs.

The old Russian lady who makes Shadow dinner and the dude who keeps threatening to kill him with a hammer.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Oh, it's been years for me too. I'm just remembering/refreshing my memory on things as the cast is being announced.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I am also a member of Club Expressionless :geno:

Bonus pic with huge gently caress-off sunglasses:

My hair will likely devour the entire city by the end of summer.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Norse Code posted:

gently caress yeah these sunglasses own

Thanks! They're even cooler from the side:

I basically live in constant fear of breaking them, and mine are just knockoffs.

edit: I also wanted to say that your oilslick hair looks loving rad, Norse Code.

Crow Jane has a new favorite as of 21:09 on Jun 30, 2016

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Well, when you have genetic 80's hair, you may as well go Sean Young.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I usually just get mine shaped and waxed whenever I get a haircut, and just do maintenance plucks in between. Mine actually get curly when I let them go too long, it's pretty gross. I bet if I was a dude I'd have a magnificent beard, though

Looking great, everyone!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Hot drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

The dude at the halal market by me always slips a piece of fruit or candy into my bag when I shop there. As far as I know we're not married, but I hold him directly responsible for my crippling sesame chikki addiction.