Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
italian spider man

snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Neurolimal posted:

thomas jane punisher was legit good because it p much went out of its way to make you sympathize with the mobsters, frank castle legit comes across as a hosed up broken vigilante, which is how the Punisher should come across as.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXKOHhSz8-U

No. No it isn't.

scuba school sucks
Aug 30, 2012

The brilliance of my posting illuminates the forums like a jar of shining gold when all around is dark

Action Tortoise posted:

Favorite and only scene I've watched from Jane's Punisher is when he gets beat down by a guy six foot tall and full of muscle

Every time I cook pasta I put on "La Donna E Mobile" in the hopes that will happen to me but it never does. Pasta's pretty good though.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Gallow posted:

If nothing else, Dolph was perfect casting for The Punisher. Square-jawed and dead-eyed. I'll take this over Thomas Jane's Punisher any day.

But Punisher: War Zone still towers over them overall.

Honestly the only person who could do a Punisher move right honestly is Stallone. Even the fact he's old as hell works well with the MAX run of the Punisher. Shame it won't ever happen.

And yes I mean both starring in and directing it. Pretty much convinced of that since I saw Rambo 4.

Blazing Ownager posted:

Honestly the only person who could do a Punisher move right honestly is Stallone. Even the fact he's old as hell works well with the MAX run of the Punisher. Shame it won't ever happen.

And yes I mean both starring in and directing it. Pretty much convinced of that since I saw Rambo 4.

The thing that still drives me crazy about that scene (despite the movie being the closest try yet) is how badly they butchered a similar scene that they were trying to emulate in the comics, which was the introduction of the MAX Punisher. That basically went like this: He creeps around killing the guard dogs and setting up claymores and an M60 outside of a mansion, where he then walks in and shoots a 100 year old mobster in the head on his birthday, then walks out to the M60 and proceeds to massacre every single person in the house that comes outside except the women and children, who of course, are all watching this anyway.

Then he guns down everyone that goes to the funeral.

What I'm saying is even the most accurate Punisher movie to date isn't remotely approaching the level of unrelenting violence that makes the character notable in a sea of bad vigilantes. It's almost like watching a Friday the 13th movie if Jason Vorhees knew military tactics, loved guns, and was highly motivated to hate crime.

That said, the game got it right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6EKBWVQYRY

Blazing Ownager fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 31, 2014

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Network Pesci posted:

Every time I cook pasta I put on "La Donna E Mobile" in the hopes that will happen to me but it never does. Pasta's pretty good though.

It wouldn't happen to you though it'd happen to your neighbor.

How often do you get new neighbors?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Neurolimal posted:

thomas jane punisher was legit good because it p much went out of its way to make you sympathize with the mobsters, frank castle legit comes across as a hosed up broken vigilante, which is how the Punisher should come across as.

plus the ownage of the massacre scene in the beginning

NurhacisUrn
Jul 18, 2013

All I can think about is your wife and a horse.
We are working on some SERIOUS SHIT in here.

Blazing Ownager posted:

The thing that still drives me crazy about that scene (despite the movie being the closest try yet) is how badly they butchered a similar scene that they were trying to emulate in the comics, which was the introduction of the MAX Punisher. That basically went like this: He creeps around killing the guard dogs and setting up claymores and an M60 outside of a mansion, where he then walks in and shoots a 100 year old mobster in the head on his birthday, then walks out to the M60 and proceeds to massacre every single person in the house that comes outside except the women and children, who of course, are all watching this anyway.

Then he guns down everyone that goes to the funeral.

What I'm saying is even the most accurate Punisher movie to date isn't remotely approaching the level of unrelenting violence that makes the character notable in a sea of bad vigilantes. It's almost like watching a Friday the 13th movie if Jason Vorhees knew military tactics, loved guns, and was highly motivated to hate crime.

That said, the game got it right:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6EKBWVQYRY

I've actually got that in hardback and I have to say you are correct, it does not do that scene justice. Maginty wasn't the badass he was in the comic either. Also, thinking about it like a hate crime is just amazing.

I highly doubt we'll ever get a true honest Hollywood Punisher movie, especially now that Disney owns that poo poo. I can't say any of them could stomach to make the movie as it really should be. I'd say Warzone is as close as we're gonna get, and considering how bad things can turn out, I'll take it. I have huge amounts of respect for Stevenson's acting. He is a genuine hardass, but has depth that Stallone doesn't do for me because of his comical voice. The only movie I can take him seriously in is Demolition Man.

As for the game, yeah. Totally agree. That was when Volition had vision and was cranking out great games. I always wanted a sequel where it went like GTA and you had a muscle car. Sort of like the NES Dick Tracy game, but better. If Batman can walk around assaulting the mentally defective with Sleeping Dogs depth melee combat on a game, surely the Punisher is ripe for open world carnage, gun modification, and vehicular combat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

On mobile but this scene lol

http://youtu.be/P35eZvHwDs8

• Locked thread