Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax
I usually don't sit through the credits because the after credit scenes are never worth the wait, but I might do it this time if the rumors are true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

XboxPants posted:

I must have missed the part with the people in the jail, why did Drax call her a whore? That part really confused me with his whole "super-literal" thing, I couldn't figure out why he thought she was a literal prostitute (other than just to jam in some misogyny) - so if there was some reason for that, it'd help clear up what was probably my biggest problem with the entire movie.

Gamora and her associates killed his family. "Whore" is a far kinder word than most people would use in that situation.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

The Dave posted:

Drax is literal though and would only call her a whore if he knew her to have sex for cash.

But because Drax is predisposed to hating Gamora, he would be naturally inclined to believe every scurrilous rumor about her. So, by taking into consideration Gamora's notoriety and Drax's constant belly-aching, we can assume someone, somewhere called Gamora a whore in Drax's presence.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

MrFlibble posted:

Can you name some of them? Not being snarky here, if you know some more movies that do the same stuff as GotG but better then let 'er rip, i'm in the mood for some fun.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice and National Treasure immediately spring to mind.

• Locked thread