Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gensuki
Sep 2, 2011
Is Adventure Capitalist on steam updated often/ more often than on browsers? Is it the most up to date one? In browser file, currently working towards 2880 oxygen bars on the moon (finished mars) and I feel like I have been here for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
The kongregate version was abandoned months ago. I haven't played it but the steam version is on 3.3.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I'm hitting a hard wall at the end of R24, around 100Dtg gems. Is there a better faction for this than U Faceless?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm hitting a hard wall at the end of R24, around 100Dtg gems. Is there a better faction for this than U Faceless?

Neutral research isn't as good as vanilla until R25. Try Goblins or whatever you were using before.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Neutral research isn't as good as vanilla until R25. Try Goblins or whatever you were using before.
And as a secondary answer, if the question is "Is there something better than Faceless", the answer is "yes". Always. If it's not "you should be good/evil" it's "you should be Titans".

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I used Faceless for the two or three Rs before Titan gets good. Some people say to keep going with U Goblins for those but they seemed worse to me.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

You're gonna need to do something with some buildup time in that range, if I recall. Rush builds get nice again when you can access the 330 researches, then Titan rush is nice with 375 and especially 400, and after that you get into prestige research and you're basically just snapping your fingers and doing dwairies through a bunch of Rs really fast.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Yeah either way you're going to be using Angel bloodline and letting the game idle for at least a few hours each run.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
I've got 10 of the 18ish Oc gems I need for R45 doing long-variant titan builds. This one's been running 4 days. I'm considering cutting it now for ~5x gems but I'm not sure that'd be faster since I have to start over.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

For all you RG players, if you ever get bored while waiting for your build to come into its own, just join the Realm Grinder #02 chatroom and say that you don't like scientific or engineering notation options while playing, because they're too confusing.

It's like watching an internet meltdown happen in real time, complete with all three sides eventually reaching a point where they say "you know, what I'm dong arguing, but ONE MORE THING" :allears:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Eldercain posted:

I've got 10 of the 18ish Oc gems I need for R45 doing long-variant titan builds. This one's been running 4 days. I'm considering cutting it now for ~5x gems but I'm not sure that'd be faster since I have to start over.
I finished off R44 with long-run Goblins instead of Titans and it was fantastic, though the build time was about the same it just seemed to scale a little better. At 7 Oc now and not planning on resetting again before 1.77 No for R46. Might be worth looking into next time, but definitely just stick with this build if you've got four days of uptime.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I finished off R44 with long-run Goblins instead of Titans and it was fantastic, though the build time was about the same it just seemed to scale a little better. At 7 Oc now and not planning on resetting again before 1.77 No for R46. Might be worth looking into next time, but definitely just stick with this build if you've got four days of uptime.

Alright. I'm probably gonna stick to this build then and I'll be done with the game until the next content drop. I'm not much for beating my head against gem walls so I'll just get some faceless time in.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I'm currently at R23 and going camping this weekend, what's something I could leave it running for 4 days to get one of the longer trophies? I already got beard carpet.

If I can't think of anything I will just let evil run since that's the only faction playtime trophy I don't have.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

nerox posted:

I'm currently at R23 and going camping this weekend, what's something I could leave it running for 4 days to get one of the longer trophies? I already got beard carpet.

If I can't think of anything I will just let evil run since that's the only faction playtime trophy I don't have.

Yeah, pretty much that or maybe druid if you don't have the 5 day researches done yet.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
If you can leave it online 4 days as druid should be enough to get the worst lore artifact pretty easily.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

I caved and started realm grinder. Go elves first run right? Is there a decent auto clicker to use?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Meskhenet posted:

I caved and started realm grinder. Go elves first run right? Is there a decent auto clicker to use?

I use a autohotkey script to autoclick, its nice that it cancels itself if you move the mouse more than a few pixels. I will post it next time I am on my home computer.

Elves are first.

nerox
May 20, 2001
Here is the AHK script I use.

code:
;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;
; Clicker for AutoHotKey
; Press Windows-C to start clicking at current mouse location
; Wiggle the mouse to stop
;
MyCount := 0
gui, font, s8, Arial
Gui, Add, Text, x30  y75 w290 h20 vMyText2, Clicks: 0
gui, font, s50 bold, Arial
Gui, Add, Text, center c001050 x5  y0 w385 h70 vMyText1, PAUSED
Gui, color, ffffc0
Gui, -MaximizeBox -Resize
Gui, Show, h100 w395, AHK_Clicker
Return
;
#c::
Gosub, Main_Loop
return
;
Main_Loop:
GuiControl,, MyText1, CLICKING
CoordMode, Mouse, Screen
MouseGetPos, X1, Y1
SetMouseDelay, 1
;
Keep_On_Clicking:
GuiControl,, MyText2, Clicks: %MyCount%
Loop, 10
{
Click
Sleep, 5
}
MyCount += 10
Sleep, 10
MouseGetPos, X2, Y2
DIFF1 := abs(X1-X2)
DIFF2 := abs(Y1-Y2)
if (DIFF1 < 5 and DIFF2 < 5)
    Goto Keep_On_Clicking
GuiControl,, MyText1, PAUSED
Return
;
GuiClose:
ExitApp
;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;~~~~~~~~;

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Thanks for that.

With the faction coins, do i only use them for royal exchange or do i need to keep them?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Meskhenet posted:

Thanks for that.

With the faction coins, do i only use them for royal exchange or do i need to keep them?

They're also used for unlocking your faction's upgrades (and various heritages), and for a couple other things you'll find later. For now, go ahead and get royal exchanges.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out

Meskhenet posted:

Thanks for that.

What he said, only make sure you keep at least some of the ones for your faction as long as you've bought out the faction specific upgrades you've unlocked already.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Picked up RG, on R0 currently, unlocked Elven Heritage and have ~5M gems. I switched to Angels, but getting the faction coins to unlock all their upgrades is taking forever. Am I just supposed to be toughing it out this early, or am I somehow supposed to scrounge up 5000 elf coins to actually purchase the heritage while with the other factions?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Klungar posted:

Picked up RG, on R0 currently, unlocked Elven Heritage and have ~5M gems. I switched to Angels, but getting the faction coins to unlock all their upgrades is taking forever. Am I just supposed to be toughing it out this early, or am I somehow supposed to scrounge up 5000 elf coins to actually purchase the heritage while with the other factions?

It becomes a lot easier over time, but yes, it sucks rear end on R0, doubly so with some factions.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Don't worry about buying the 5k faction coin (FC) heritages right at first, unless you're playing something that gives FCs easily. Play each faction long enough to get all its other upgrades (and get a trophy for doing so, which unlocks the heritage as available to buy), then switch to a new faction you haven't played yet and repeat the process until all six heritages are available.

After that, pick your favorite faction gameplay-wise (since you'll have tried them all at this point), and shift focus to getting gems. Buy heritages if you can afford them (elves, goblins, and - with their spell upgrade - angels will have an easier time with this than the others), but don't hold off on other goals (unlocking things, getting gems, abdicating because you've got a bunch of gems ready to receive...) just because you haven't bought the heritages yet.

General rule of thumb on gems is that once you shift into gem production rather than heritage unlocking, you abdicate when either:

- You're getting at least 10x your current gems, and don't expect that number to balloon even more impressively in your next spell combo or whatever.
- You realize or suspect that your current faction / build / whatever is going to be shittier than some alternative when it comes to gems, so you abdicate so you can try the alternative instead.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Klungar posted:

Specifically Angels you should wait until Sunday, then cast God's Hand on a Sunday, then pick up that trophy. Faction coin gains for other factions will still suck for a while, though gems help.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Specifically Angels you should wait until Sunday, then cast God's Hand on a Sunday, then pick up that trophy. Faction coin gains for other factions will still suck for a while, though gems help.

Should have waited. Im at 599 angel coins and its terribly slow. might abdicate and do something else

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
That's almost all you need total to get all the angel upgrades. Are you saving for the heritage? Like the above posts said, don't bother. Once it's available to buy it's permanently unlocked for all factions.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Yeah figured that out and swapped.

I seem to be having an issue with scrying though. There is no timer, so im just popping faction coins in order to get all my factions done i guess.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011
Hey goons I'm on R14 in Realm Gringer right now and lightning forge has slowed down significantly any better builds? Or do i just have to power through?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Just power through. Then get ready to do it again because you want almost that many gems to start research in R16.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

FailAtMagic posted:

Hey goons I'm on R14 in Realm Gringer right now and lightning forge has slowed down significantly any better builds? Or do i just have to power through?

Power through.

Consider using diamond forge (?) instead of Lightning Forge for more steady gains, as opposed to randomly occurring huge gains once in a while. (Fairy chanting instead of Lightning Strike). I found Diamond Forge a lot better than Lightning Forge since it meant i could just leave the game running and not have to babysit it.

Remember to do a decent amount of excavations so that your Dwarf(1,3) is better than Titan(1,3) (this happens at around 350ish excavations iirc, but the more you have the better Dwarf(1,3) becomes. You really want to do as many excavations as possible and at the same time balance that so you can do a few excavations at the start of an abdication for faction coins for the herititages and mercenary upgrades. (Lightning Strike in Lightning Forge or Dwarf Pixaxe + Fairy Chanting + Tax Collection in Diamond Forge handles this as well)
The key to progress in this stage of the game is to do as many excavations as possible.

Do you have "Know Your Enemy" artifact? It gives a gigantic boost to mercenary production and is easy to get after R12.

FailAtMagic
Apr 11, 2011

Ineptitude posted:

Power through.

Consider using diamond forge (?) instead of Lightning Forge for more steady gains, as opposed to randomly occurring huge gains once in a while. (Fairy chanting instead of Lightning Strike). I found Diamond Forge a lot better than Lightning Forge since it meant i could just leave the game running and not have to babysit it.

Remember to do a decent amount of excavations so that your Dwarf(1,3) is better than Titan(1,3) (this happens at around 350ish excavations iirc, but the more you have the better Dwarf(1,3) becomes. You really want to do as many excavations as possible and at the same time balance that so you can do a few excavations at the start of an abdication for faction coins for the herititages and mercenary upgrades. (Lightning Strike in Lightning Forge or Dwarf Pixaxe + Fairy Chanting + Tax Collection in Diamond Forge handles this as well)
The key to progress in this stage of the game is to do as many excavations as possible.

Do you have "Know Your Enemy" artifact? It gives a gigantic boost to mercenary production and is easy to get after R12.

Yeah I have the artifact oh well I'll try diamond forge instead

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Meskhenet posted:

Yeah figured that out and swapped.

I seem to be having an issue with scrying though. There is no timer, so im just popping faction coins in order to get all my factions done i guess.

Yeah, the only limit on scrying for FCs is your patience for sitting through ads. (That and the fact that you get a relatively small number of FCs for your trouble, all things considered.)

Definitely scry for production (that one lasts 4 hours, so it's almost always worth the trouble), and in R0 it's worth considering scrying for mana regen (it only lasts 10 minutes, but R0 mana regen is abysmal so any help you can get is nice). Whether or not you're willing to scry for FC on top of that is up to you.

Speaking of, always keep your mana regenerating, so be sure you're casting something. There are trophies and associated upgrades for amount of mana generated (which give you faster mana regen, and later the ability to dictate spells to automatically cast), but you only generate mana if it's actually filling up. If it's just sitting at full you're not making any progress there.

One other thing about spell upgrade trophies - you can cheese them with your computer clock for the elf (cast spell in the morning), undead (cast spell late at night), and angel (cast spell on Sunday) trophies. You can't cheese anything else with your computer clock, so no using that to magically accumulate time as a faction or anything, but you can unlock those three on any day at any time. (So long as you're not, say, playing on a work computer with clock adjustments locked behind administrative privileges or something.)

Vhak lord of hate
Jun 6, 2008

I AM DRINK THE BLOOD OF JESUS
Or don't bother waiting until Sunday and change your computer's date, also works for the night Undead trophy and day elf one.

Musluk
May 23, 2011

Vil posted:

Yeah, the only limit on scrying for FCs is your patience for sitting through ads. (That and the fact that you get a relatively small number of FCs for your trouble, all things considered.)

I can't even scry at all, it's always cloudy.

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

Musluk posted:

That's awful, I scry for factions coins at the beginning of every reincarnation when I'm moving to Titans.

Residual Toast
Nov 19, 2007
The Toast with the Most

Musluk posted:

I wasn't able to in firefox, but was able to in chrome. For some reason.

Feline Mind Meld
Jun 14, 2007

I'm pretty creeped out
Make sure you're making an exception for adblock if you running it.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Residual Toast posted:

I wasn't able to in firefox, but was able to in chrome. For some reason.

I cant even play the game in firefox. I have to have chrome open to play it.

Im trying to unlock dwarfs now..... trying with fairies. this is going to take a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
How do you afford Secrets of the Underworld in R29 before you have enough gems to reincarnate?

Im at E108 gems now and with fairy/dwarf/fairy i am able to get E195 coins, which is still very far away from the E200 required for the Secrets of the Underworld. It looks like the amount of gems required is more or less the same amount of gems required for reincarnation which then makes me wonder why dwarf/drow research is even available in R29?

• Locked thread