Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Look at this kid, he thinks 250 star charts means something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

dis astranagant posted:

Look at this kid, he thinks 250 star charts means something.

:jerkbag:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

No, really. You need like 250 ships to get half decent returns on trading. It's better than waiting on calciners well before that but when you start needing thousands to do anything you really want to be bringing some back every trip.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Kinda puts Civ5(Or any Civ) in perspective in how long and how much everything takes. Then again we've also managed this in a 'mere' 100/200/300 years.

Do the civs unlock in a set order or have fixed selling? My first three were Lizards(Minerals for Wood), Sharks(Iron for Catnip), Griffins(Wood for Iron), the fourth was Naga(Ivory for Minerals-Thank you whoever mentioned the culture requirement, I'd have never guessed that).

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 3, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Bloodly posted:

Kinda puts Civ5(Or any Civ) in perspective in how long and how much everything takes. Then again we've also managed this in a 'mere' 100/200/300 years.

Do the civs unlock in a set order or have fixed selling? My first three were Lizards(Minerals for Wood), Sharks(Iron for Catnip), Griffins(Wood for Iron), the fourth was Naga(Ivory for Minerals-Thank you whoever mentioned the culture requirement, I'd have never guessed that).

Sharks/Lizards/Griffons unlock in random order but you only need to hit year 20. The rest all unlock when you hit the requirements, which are pretty hard to hit out of order.

Loren1350
Mar 30, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

No, really. You need like 250 ships to get half decent returns on trading. It's better than waiting on calciners well before that but when you start needing thousands to do anything you really want to be bringing some back every trip.

According to my math, you need 242.857 ships to get a 100% titanium rate. That's not *so* bad, really; it's not like they have geometrically rising costs. I'm far from the point where my iron is behind my coal, but even if I never buy another workshop again I already have 2/3 of the charts I'll need.

Unless there's more tech that costs star charts...

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I like how this game combines two things I enjoy on the internet when bored: idle clickers and making fun of bitcoin!

The irony of leaving this in the background while thinking bitcoin is stupid is not lost on me, however.

e: There aren't any good ones of these for iOS, are there?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, but the amount per trade keeps increasing and ships boost your storage eventually so you're never going to be done with the stupid things. But I guess I'll see when I get back up there, paragon and karma make a huge difference. Not sure if there's any more techs for star charts yet but there's talk of space travel that will probably need them.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

buzz wing wow posted:

Hi everyone, here are two games I made. Both are pretty small and can be finished in sub 20 minutes if you are a click-master (read: auto-clicker).

FISH Inc. (flash game on Kongregate)

Takes a little bit of skill to follow the fish around to click. The more you click the more you level them and the better the income. Finish the game to get on the leaderboard. Get the 5 achievements.

___

Planet Running Master, also flash on Kongregate

A simpler game, pretty straightforward. Stick around for the ending for an enjoyable ending.

All the music in both games made by me too, which people seem to like.

These are both fun and I follow you on Kongregate. :)

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Is there any point to having more than one ziggurat? Do they affect the rate of unicorn generation at all?

edit: nvm, I'm bad at reading.

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Aug 3, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

Is there any point to having more than one ziggurat? Do they affect the rate of unicorn generation at all?

edit: nvm, I'm bad at reading.

In addition to their religious significance they make ok storage buildings.

e: I really, really hate how all your cats quit their jobs the moment one dies. I thought I had enough catnip income and wandered off for a few hours, came back to the you monster achievement the endless cycle of cats showing up and starving since what farmers I had all quit.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Aug 3, 2014

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
They should just have farmers be the default.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Cattegame isn't kidding when it calls itself the Dark Souls of incremental clickers. I just managed to get myself into a losing position because I didn't digest that having more huts meant more kittens, which meant more catnip drainage, and combined with it being winter I couldn't even keep up with one kitten draining my supply enough to click my way back to solvency. :(

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Mo0 posted:

Cattegame isn't kidding when it calls itself the Dark Souls of incremental clickers. I just managed to get myself into a losing position because I didn't digest that having more huts meant more kittens, which meant more catnip drainage, and combined with it being winter I couldn't even keep up with one kitten draining my supply enough to click my way back to solvency. :(

Farmers?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

my dad posted:

Farmers?

I hadn't gotten that far yet. I took it kind of slowly at first, and probably wasted a bunch of time early on not even noticing that there were seasons. I figured I could just leave it on in the background and gather some initial catnip at a low rate a la cookie clicker or something. Nope.

I kinda liked that, though, all the signs were right there, I just wasn't paying enough attention. Makes me want to see if I can "outsmart" the game the next time.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
That Anti-Idle game on Kongregate has been running in a tab for me for days, gently caress this thread. I deleted my Cookie Clicker cookie by accident and thought i was free.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Zombies' Downfall posted:

That Anti-Idle game on Kongregate has been running in a tab for me for days, gently caress this thread. I deleted my Cookie Clicker cookie by accident and thought i was free.

Adventure Capitalist?

It runs even when you don't have the tab open. You can never escape.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
Are there any more idlers you guys would recommend?

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
The ones in the OP are probably the cream of the crop right now. There's a lot of poo poo out there.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?
Every time I remember Anti-Idle exists and want to play it more my save has disappeared into the great flash storage abyss. Right now I'm really liking Derivative Clicker. I like that Prestige has actual upgrades to buy and isn't just increasing a multiplier.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

One of the things I like about Cattegame is that prestige has limits so people stick around because of new content and not just repeating the same poo poo over and over.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
That bitcoin idler is pretty mediocre but I like the idea of diminishing returns for clicking really fast. It's theoretically a disincentive for using autoclicks but doesn't do much for normal use. Not too good in the actual game, but an idea worth refining.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin
Anyone have a link to the realistic bitcoin one where you just end up with a big power bill and a bunch of bitcoins you can never sell?

Pogonodon
Sep 10, 2010
BeepBoopBitcoin?

Senso
Nov 4, 2005

Always working
I've been addicted to Derivative Clicker for the past 4 days. I... I think I caught autism, or OCD, or something!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

I dunno what I'm doing in the cat game I researched brewing and construction and neither of them actually gave me any new poo poo to do

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon
If you get bored with the catgame, i wasted around an hour now with this and it's good so far:
http://www.almostidle.com/Games/Settlement/game.html

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

The cat game goes reeeeally slow for me, but I got two random portals to the Unicorn Dimension, so... that's cool, I guess.

(goddamned wood, need more wood, need more wood forever)

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

There actually does come a time where wood is no longer a huge problem.

At which point metal and fuel become your new addiction.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

RabbitWizard posted:

If you get bored with the catgame, i wasted around an hour now with this and it's good so far:

The interface on this game is loving terrible, looks like more of a civ simulator than cat game though.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

FirstPersonShitter posted:

I dunno what I'm doing in the cat game I researched brewing and construction and neither of them actually gave me any new poo poo to do

Check your workshop tab. If you don't have one of those yet, build a workshop.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

FirstPersonShitter posted:

Brewing meant it when it said it was optional. It just unlocks an upgrade that doubles the output for turning nip into wood. Construction lets you buy improvements for some of your buildings.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Aug 5, 2014

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

RabbitWizard posted:

How do you get the popup to close so you can play the game?

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
gently caress this thread and gently caress these games.

Is there a building I can research to improve the output of my woodcutter kittens? :smithicide:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

Mycroft Holmes posted:

How do you get the popup to close so you can play the game?
I can't tell if this is a joke, i didn't get a popup :confused:

After playing for a while now: Yes, the UI is poo poo. But there's a fuckton to do and i don't have to wait for 15 minutes to build one new building like in the catgame.
Is fuckton the right word? It's really insane how much upgrades, resources and buildings this game has.

After thinking for a bit, it's not really an idle game because there's always something to do. But I'm afraid of posting about it in the PYF flash games thread.

Geight posted:

Is there a building I can research to improve the output of my woodcutter kittens? :smithicide:
Yes, lumber mill, improves output by 10%.

RabbitWizard fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 5, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!

RabbitWizard posted:

Is fuckton the right word? It's really insane how much upgrades, resources and buildings this game has.

Well, if it's bigger than a shitload, you've chosen correctly.

It's quite a big rabbit hole to fall through but the stark UI makes it difficult for me to care about raising my civilization to dizzying, number raising heights. The numbers that increase are really small so it doesn't have the same impact the cattegame has.

Also, the hire/fire and build/raze buttons are incredibly unintuitive. I expect the operation to be the complete reverse: left-right to decrease/increase, up-down to raise/lower magnitude.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Settlement:

Part of me is distinctly annoyed that certain things like Fishing Nets are settlement-specific rather than globals.

Yo, you're aping Age of Empires 1, and THAT did it globally.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I started out building 50 catnip farms before building enough wood to make huts. Suddenly I make some huts and it becomes winter, and I'm losing 6.5 catnip due to demand, and being taken down to -3.5 catnip per tick. I have no way to stop this.

VietTam
Jul 17, 2008

Eat it, nerd!

KittyEmpress posted:

I started out building 50 catnip farms before building enough wood to make huts. Suddenly I make some huts and it becomes winter, and I'm losing 6.5 catnip due to demand, and being taken down to -3.5 catnip per tick. I have no way to stop this.

The best advice I can give you is to pause the game & harvest catnip yourself to survive that first winter. When the game's paused it registers harvest clicks and then adds it all into your stock when you unpause. Then you can plan more carefully for the next winter.

Or start over & coddle your kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

KittyEmpress posted:

You need to supplement your passive income with farmer kittens. Build a library and research agriculture.

• Locked thread