Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
Speak for yourself, I'm rich and Irish enough to take advantage of it. 1.5 Qt angel investors (after buying most of the angel-costing upgrades) helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Are purchases that cost Angel Investors permanent?

Nope! When you reset you lose them, and those angels are gone.

I've had fairly good success for some time with a 'reset every day or two' strategy - idling for a long time so that when I reset I get back the angels I spent on upgrades and then some, and avoiding the pricier angel upgrades. The game will now no longer ask for confirmation that you want to spend angels unless you're spending more than 1% of your total angels, so my rule of thumb has been to not worry about any angel-priced upgrade that it doesn't ask me for confirmation on, and then buy the cheapest one that it does want confirmation on (which, at this point, is the most expensive one anyways... but I digress).

AdVenture Capitalist really benefits by being largely ignorable, and I highly recommend that, once you've gotten all the spending done that you're going to get done without waiting an hour or three, you should proceed to ignore it. Make it a daily check-in kind of game rather than one you feel like you have to have running all the time.

(74 Sextillion Angels and I'm still staring at that stupid Newspaper cost in disbelief, Jesus those costs are too high)

Spaced God posted:

1 trillion is the low end? gently caress, I only have 3,000 and I thought I was going good.

You almost certainly are doing good, but you'll do better. ;)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

For everyone thinking "I'm almost done!" with AdVenture Capitalist:

quote:

16 minutes ago

Hey Capitalists! Some hot and fresh news for you!

It’s been a busy week behind the scenes for the AdCap team – as we prepare our mysssssterous Phase 2 plans. As you may know, we’re working on a major content/UI overhaul which will introduce new mechanics and “ways to play”.

We’ve laid out our timeline, and it’s looking like we’ll be taking the next 3 – 4 weeks (!) to do this work. That basically means no weekly updates until it’s done.

We therefore decided, before we focus on energy on the Phase 2 update, we’d do one last regular update to make sure Capitalists had stuff to do in the meantime.

So tomorrow we’ll be launching 1.4.5 which will have one of the most currently requested features in it (can you guess? It has to do with upgrades)… and will raise the achievement threshold to 2000.

I’m so sorry. Brace yourselves for more Capitalism. Cheers everyone!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

That's been the requested feature, yeah.

Luckily I'm at the point where being a Capitalist doesn't take much time at all - I play for an hour or so post-reset, then let it sit for ages. I finally hit the '1000 of each item' stage, so it takes hours and hours for me to afford anything anyways; still, I thought I was coming close to the end! Dammit.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What'd it take to get to 1000? I'm at 4.4 sextillion angels (without buying the 1 sx upgrade) and I stall out at 950 newspapers, 900 car washes, 1000 everything else. Septendecillions just take so long. Are you idling for, like, more than two days at a time?

That last 10 newspapers takes just a shade over 300 Septendecillion. I'm at around 142 sx angels, so it doesn't quite take a couple of days... more like 'almost a day.'

That said, if we're going to be getting achievements - presumably with the standard 'profit x2' modifier - up to 2000 for everything, it's already fairly trivial to get up to 17, 1800 lemonade stands (for example), so that should, I hope, close the gap a bit as they continue to double in profit.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Plus, the ability to buy that 1 sx upgrade without sweating the angel loss is probably key too.

It really, really is.

My strategy, by the way, has been 'reset when I stand to at least double my total angels;' usually when I do it takes no more than an hour to get back to the position I'd been in pre-reset, except now I'm earning still more money. Then I'll just close the tab and go back to it the next day, check how many angels I stand to earn with a reset, and usually I can just wash, rinse, and repeat. AdCap really benefits from frequent resets in a way that, for instance, Derivative Clicker doesn't (as much). The returns from resetting are enough to get you over the production hump pretty rapidly.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

When do you guys suggest your first reset in AdCap?

For my money, "when the idea of waiting long enough for the next purchase becomes too boring to stand" is a good time. I actually first reset when I had enough to earn a whopping 2 angels, because I am dumb; that was a waste of time. But somewhere around "I can expect at least double or triple the income" might not be a bad time to do it. Ideally more than that, but if it's a choice between Optimal Strategy and Not Being Bored, I'll take the latter every time.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

That looks familiar

I hate this game SO MUCH RIGHT NOW YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

I don't get what you guys see in that game. It sucks and the universe game is way better :colbert:

I can close the tab and forget about it for a while, and still the numbers go up. Without even doing anything on my end!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Little Blue Couch posted:

In AdCap, should you save the +10, +50, +75 and +100 upgrades until you really need them? Or is it worth it to buy them all at the beginning, since they diminish costs down the line?

Now that I've gotten to the point where they cost me virtually nothing - that is, I have enough Angels to make paying that cost negligible - I buy them right off the bat. You'll end up paying the same amount to get to whatever your final total is, but with less painful waiting around doing nothing.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Yeah, AdCap has an odd curve; getting over the aforementioned nonillion hump is a bitch, but once you're there and you can buy the next group of angel upgrades without stressing over it, then the game is super-easy for a bit and you'll be at 1100 newspapers before you know it... and then you coast a little further and hit the next brick wall at 1700, 1800 newspapers. I'm at 30 duodecillion angels right now and 1800 newspapers; the amount of cash I've accumulated in the last 18 hours or so is enough to maybe buy 20 more. I'll have 42 duodecillion after I reset, and that's not even going to be an especially appreciable increase in my cashflow.

I'm at the point now where I reset every couple of days just to keep myself interested.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Unponderable posted:

Why is it clever? Looks like another generic Cookie Clicker knockoff.

I quite like the way some of the upgrades make different buildings interact - Building A gets better if you have more of Building B, which gets better when you have more of Building A.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

milward posted:

You get T1 currency based on income each run.
To cash in you need that tier of mathematicians.

To get the N tier of currency you need to have Tier(N-1) currency already claimed and the tier N mathematicians.
Then the tier(N-2) currency is converted to Tier(N-1) 5:1 and so on.
This proceeds top down to T1 where you get this runs currency.

So for T2 you need to have claimed T1 currency already and have the required number of T2 mathematicians.
Then your T1 currency will be converted to T2 5:1 and the currency for the current run will be added as T1 currency.

I believe that T1 income isn't based on cash income but on proof income.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Finally finished with Wall Destroyer. Finally. Thank God.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

ShootaBoy posted:

I hate this thread and everyone in it. You guys cost me 2 days.

Only two? You got off light, son.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there a consensus on ~best thing to click~? Only played Cookie Clicker and Anti-Idle and now there's a shittrillion of these games

Wall Destroyer is probably my favorite, just because it has an actual end - not 'a point at which you may as well stop because there's nothing more to discover and now you're just arbitrarily watching numbers go up' but a point where the game tells you 'look, it's over, you reached the end. You can keep playing if you want but it's the end. You win. Go feel good about yourself.'

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Well, on the first runthrough 7 souls isn't too bad a haul to reset with; going from 100% to 170% is a big deal, compared to going from 460% to 530%.

OTOH, my first reset I think I ended up with 3 souls (I wasn't paying much attention to how souls worked, like a dumbass) so my perspective might be skewed...

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Eldercain posted:

I think you'd be better off releasing today if it's gonna take another month and a half to get graphics done for everything. Even just a placeholder empty/seethrough icon would be fine to keep the style the same.

Then again, I could just want to play shark game's update soooooooooo maybe I'm not the best person to ask?

Can you not just like, mspaint some poo poo together?

I would like to echo this sentiment. I want more sharkgame.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Cirrial posted:

Shark Game is now v0.7. I hope you enjoy. There's still missing images, so I'll be updating those in batches as I get them done.

The images for Sharkgame are ridiculously charming.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I think I love New Sharkgame. It's ridiculously complicated and the randomized worlds make life significantly trickier but I will never get tired of sneering at the dolphins.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

quote:

The whales speak rarely to us, working in silence as they sing to the ocean.
What do they sing for?

How can they be silent and singing at the same time MY SHARK GAME IMMERSION IS BROKEN

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Randalor posted:

I'm not sure, but I think I broke Holyday City. I've reached a point where I need more materials to increase storage space than I actually have space for, and the next level of multiplier for storage space needs 6 quintillion food, while I have enough storage for... 55 thousand.

Yeah, eventually you hit the point where it's impossible to build more warehouses; this is a good time to move to a new city, taking your fee and using it to hire new guys in the Office (increases to Production also increase available Stock).

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

I forget who linked it earlier but I'm quite enjoying Time Clickers. They just added a boatload of new promotions that make the mid-game much less punishingly slow.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Len posted:

What was the bitcoin game that you ended up homeless and crazy and a murderer by the end? I thought it was this one but I distinctly remember your mining rig burning down your house and then the game opened up from there.

That was the original BeepBoopBitcoin.

This is BeepBoopBitcoin: Gaiden, you see.

evilentity posted:

If anyone is feeling adventurous check out my LudumDare game. Warning: its bad. But I hope my intention is sortof clear. Should I proceed?

It is, as you say, not exactly the greatest. There's potential there, I think, but hoo boy does it need polish. Still! Keep at it, I say!

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

evilentity posted:

Well, I had 48h to make it, and getting various things to work took somewhat longer then anticipated so polish suffered.

Oh, hey, I wasn't trying to downplay the accomplishment - it's a hell of a lot better game than I could make! - just to note that, yeah, there's work to be done. But I have the sneaking suspicion that it could go somewhere neat, so please, keep at it! :D

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Any good Trimps advice? I seem to be hitting a wall around wave 40 or so.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

All right, I'll give this Amaranthine thing a shot. In as DivineCoffeeBinge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Tracula posted:

Pubbies getting mad at a clicker/idle game? What a time to be alive.

Oh man there has been so much salt over goons in Amar. It's beautiful, simply beautiful.

• Locked thread