Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Sounds like the former guy didn't put in enough Amphitheatres. I know if I've got furs and ivory going I'm right at 100% with 40 kittens and 12 of those buildings (and 1 temple if that makes a difference). I've been concentrating on getting the trading posts up to 25, while building up the steel and manuscripts, which hopefully means those resources will stay. 25+ maybe even turn it around!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

RabbitWizard posted:

Is fuckton the right word? It's really insane how much upgrades, resources and buildings this game has.

Well, if it's bigger than a shitload, you've chosen correctly.

It's quite a big rabbit hole to fall through but the stark UI makes it difficult for me to care about raising my civilization to dizzying, number raising heights. The numbers that increase are really small so it doesn't have the same impact the cattegame has.

Also, the hire/fire and build/raze buttons are incredibly unintuitive. I expect the operation to be the complete reverse: left-right to decrease/increase, up-down to raise/lower magnitude.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Wipe out your progress, then get there faster.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The science gap between Architecture and Physics is ridiculous and I suspect that Observatories not providing their maximum cap (aside from the first?) is loving with the normal progression of things.

EDIT: Oh my god you have to turn them on to get that. Brilliant. I'm an idiot.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Cattegame PRO-TIPS:

- When you're sacrificing Unicorns skip past Unicorn Tombs and head straight to an Ivory Tower or two. It will speed up Unicorn generation a lot more than a percentage increase on 0.001 per tick per Unicorn Pasture ever will.
- Ivory Citadels don't seem all that worth it for the Ivory meteor chance since by the time you can get one you're already generating your own Ivory from Mints
- It doesn't seem ever worth it to stick cattes in Priest roles, use Chapels if you want faster Faith generation
- Prioritize Workshops for second/third tier efficiency and Trading Posts for better trading output

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Kind of why I lost interest in it. It's pretty but there's nothing there except to mindlessly quick at a steady pace.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Because eventually you get to make them yourself! Just like Titanium. :suicide:

To be fair, titanium gets abundant when you've got your trade ships up. And I suppose you could focus your efforts on Hunters and Scientists so you can be limited on Culture instead for Blueprints!

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

And minting is such a tiny bit of gold you'll want to keep it running anyway so your Furs and Ivory don't run out (and thus their happiness bonuses). Don't go overboard, just get one or two to start and then slowly increase it as you get more kittens and catpower. You'll be swimming in more Ivory than you'll know what to do with by the time you can spend it on the unicorn buildings. Also just skip Tombs and jump to Ivory Towers.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The broods swell in number. The sharks are uneasy, but the concern soon passes.

Viva crab supremacy!

It's decently balanced, crabs provide their resource slower by two orders of magnitude than sharks or rays.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Aug 14, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Clever of Wall Destroyer to sneak in a punchline that you won't see until you've spent 100+ hours on it. So clever it made me want to punch a wall.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh god I thought that was a typo.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Really wish there was a buy x10, x100 option for Wall Destroyer. Once you reset past time and space and well into the end you're going to be clicking something in the realm of 5000 times to get your buildings back to some semblance of your previous run.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Once you've got mutations going you've been introduced to all the mechanics that the game has to offer in Critter Mound. There's no sense of progress except BIGGER numbers.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

You save up the injections and then use them all at once when you have been idling for a while (ie when you're at work). Each injection doubles both larva and cocoons in addition to providing you with 1000 more. Since doubling is also an exponential function (think compounding interest) it would put you well ahead of where you "should" be in terms of larva resources, apparently outpacing any production made from expansions. This makes the territory side of the game completely obsolete.

Developer has been paying attention and has plans for modifying the use of Injections for the 0.2 version. He's also going to be resetting everybody's game at that time.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

nimby posted:

How often should I reset in Wall Destroyer before punching through the Final Wall?

Reset until you have all but the last trophy unlocked, approximately.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

According to the FAQ, they're saying run your way to level 140 as quickly as possible and reset a load of times.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

210. It says current, so basically you're taking 10%, adding it to a dark ritual total variable which is then combined together to formulate your new DPS total from there on in. Any new sources will not be considered as part of that variable.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Carados posted:

It works the way the calculator works. It's easy to test.

My bad, I was going off of the description.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Yes. You're only guaranteed 1 Hero Soul from the bosses every 100 levels. And then after 100, each boss has something like a 25% chance of being a primal, which will give a hero soul if defeated.

You won't get more gilded heroes until you progress further, even across ascensions. So if you ascended at 140, you won't get another gild until you cross 150.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Oh man. Cheerful does not begin to describe it.

So uh, your cat who faithfully goes out to find more money for you? He and Madame cross paths. And then you're thinking "He hasn't come back for a long time." Well the cat came back the very next day, you thought he was a goner...

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Well, uh, Frostleaf is up there in terms of being an optimal gild, but Treebeast is just a bit better. Check this place out for mid-game gild optimization, when you've got hero souls to spare to move things around.

e: f; b

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

DrPlump posted:

If it does that it means it isn't worth it for you to regild yet. The loss in DPS from losing spent HS outweighs the gain.

Also for some stupid reason the calculator works from the top down instead of the bottom up when regilding. The worst ones are last to be regilded.

EDIT: It's also buggy when you reattempt to manually regild things in the calculator. Somebody needs to work on it more.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 16:15 on Oct 31, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Nolanar posted:

Also, Clicker Heroes newbie question: I have Dogcog and Vaagur as my ancients right now. Should I max them out before I grab a third one?

Maybe Vaagur if you're going to be active with your skills. Early game, that's how you're going to be pushing through the levels that have primal bosses. Check this site out for figuring out whether to add souls to your ancients or keep them towards dps. Be warned that they haven't updated the Ancient suggestions so they're always going to be not the same as the four you have available.

Best suggestion would be to reroll until you get Libertas and Siyalatas as your next ancients as they'll provide the most benefit on average.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Two ancients that multiply your DPS and gold gained by several hundred percent while you're idling as well as having stacks of Hero souls either in Morgulis or just hanging out. I'm in the midst of the mid-game and having 10 Treebeast and his first upgrade is enough to blow through the first 50 levels without further investment.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Eldercain posted:

I *ought* to reset every 30 minutes or so right now at around 950, and it only takes me 1 in treebeast to get to 50 while I buy all my ancients, and then I can typically max out all the heroes in another 2-3 and then it's just dumping in samurai every 15-20 while I do something interesting instead. I typically reset once or twice a day because it's kind of tedious and you have to babysit buying hero levels a lot more near the beginning, but I could probably be in the late-late game by now if I tried really hard.

After a long while you can skip certain heros because they either aren't going to be providing much DPS in your long run (Ma Zhu) or they don't provide you with skills/all hero dps boosts/clicker boosts. When you're pulling in 400-500+ hero souls a run the additional ~13 from hero levels doesn't really seem worth the effort. If you can battle OCD and rounding out numbers you could even trim some heroes down further (Grant the General)!

My ancient regrets have been getting Morgulis and Juggernaut early. :sigh:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

The extra percentage isn't enough of a trade-off for adding to your Ancient total (which drives up the price of the next one) early on. I've currently got 500 Hero Souls in there, which is basically an extra 50 Hero Souls. It's not a great exchange and doesn't come into it's own until you've invested heavily into it. Decent end game Ancient but if you picked it up as your third (like I did) it's basically an albatross hanging around your neck.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Short of getting a different save, no. The calculator is no longer up to date on which ancients are available to you also.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I can still push through bosses with the full skill combo that I couldn't with idling, with Siyalatas at 36. I imagine after another 20 or so levels it'll be equivalent if I don't take Bhaal (more crit damage) or Fragsworth (more click damage).

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Ignoranus posted:

Am I the only one still playing "Idling to Rule the Gods"?

I wasn't bothering too much with the monuments until I realized that every 4 'upgrades' (up to 20) for a given monument multiplies your rebirth multiplier. They're so much better than I originally realized.

I stopped when I realized that I had seen all the game could offer me, aside from bigger numbers and what other enemies there were to Battle. That's not a bash towards it's mechanics; I did invest a good two weeks into it.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Unfortunately updates have stopped around June in favour of working on the MMO version of his idling game and activity on the subreddit seems to indicate it being a soon-to-be dead project on both counts.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Just wait until they're upwards of 5000.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Nah, I think that's just how it is. It's supposed to be more minimalistic.

Anyone found a console command to auto-click in it yet?

Player.AutoMine = true is probably the simplest command to enter. I couldn't get it going via setInterval because it complains about this.MineableOre as being undefined. It's not very well balanced for the early game because of the over-reliance on manual clicks to get anywhere useful within an hour. And he's focusing on late game for the next couple of updates because people are already looking for more content past the grinding. It's definitely not worth checking out until he puts in another 10 or so updates.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Nov 25, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

I hit the 1000 barrier on Clicker Heroes, cleared out to 1100 and then said "goodbye forever" and finally closed the tab. The new heroes as content, particularly when I'm still ~five orders of magnitude away from Orntcha Gladeye, doesn't seem worth grinding my way through another week. Good run, but now I can concentrate fully on Sandcastle builder and the climb up to Infinity. :suicide:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Yeah, I didn't mind the mechanic so much as the glass blocks it cost me. And I'm glad I don't have to do it past 9; that last push was exhausting. I'm into the low Wololo prefixes of things, logicats and their rewards being pretty much the next step up. But since you have to be heavily engaged to proceed, this is going to take a while. At least I can't get bored of the logic puzzles! :v:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Getting flags and waves and scaffolds when the effect is running? Been working on that. Unfortunately the base game without the add-on script doesn't allow you to sell more than one thing at a time. Though I guess I could prepare well in advance and just sell all my scaffolds, wait for the effect and burst through to 444.

Edit: Kind of late for me to do that now, since I'm sitting at 430.

Sage Grimm fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Nov 30, 2014

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Only start resetting when you have a Bag of Holding. This lets you keep up to 1W of most of your resources as well as allow you to get prizes from resetting, which is the only reason for going through that process.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

It isn't broken. It's useful if you're clicking a lot and using skill combos frequently. Apparently it is upper-mid tier according to the FAQ.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

"It works for Clicker Heroes/Cookie Clicker/AdVenture Clicker, surely it will work for me and get me loads of fans" ~MineIdleClick MachineWorldEmpire

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Time portals is more when you're resetting repeatedly for the bag prizes, particularly when your Time Lord levels have been boosted. When you're first starting out you want to Time Travel back and forth, accrue 30 temporal invaders (newpixbots), then Achronal Dragon them. Repeat 4 more times (for at least 100 eaten), unlock and purchase Crystal Dragon and temporal duplication is now available to be gained from kitties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

"One of the side strategies is to Shoot The Moon, where you try to get all tricks in a round (including the Black Maria) and instead of you getting 26 points everyone else each gets those points." :v:

It's not only idle games that have sort of gibberish if you're not familiar with the context.

• Locked thread