Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This new thread is peak not giving a gently caress.

We need more goons.:getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

blueberrysmith posted:

I was on the fence, but Moo Moo Pony totally just solidified downloading this piece of garbage.

My sides.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jul 31, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

New Update coming out

The Sky Ladder tournament will be a monthly tournament where participants will be matched with opponents of equal power across all servers. Each competitor will receive 10,000 Sky Ladder points to begin with. Matches will be 1 vs. 1, best of 3 rounds. Each participant will be placed into one of 6 groups based on Sky Ladder points. Competition begins daily at 12:00 PM through 11:30 PM, and each season will reset on a monthly basis. This is the time to settle once and for all the top champion in all of...

To assist all adventurers new, returning or veterans alike, we will be giving out FREE Warrior’s Ascension Gift Packs to every participant. Each gift pack contains items with a total value of 40 gold. Here is a peek at what is inside!

● Order of the Hero *15
● Jade Fragment *5
● Gold Ingot Pill *2
● Headmaster Order *1
● Treasure Chest of Demon Slaying Items *1
● Gold Thread Powder *1
● Jade Rabbit Gift Pack *1
● Chance for Black Jade Powder

I am so excited.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I officially am not allowed to beat this game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

There are rare bosses in Demon Pits

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

What? You have 3 slots and it takes a week to delete a character. And you can't get more slots.

Stop rolling alts. No normal goon has the mental fortitude to get one character to 89 let alone two. You are setting yourself up for failure.

Here is what we got and what we need.

Splendor: One is enough. Only roll if you enjoy being beaten to death with sticks.
Wu Tang: Too loving Many of this worthless school. Get hosed with your cloudsword anime obsession nerds.
Tong: Have Zero. Need Many. One of the best Group War PvPers as well as winner school of the first Monthly tournament.
Five Venoms: Have One that is addicted to pills. Need more. Great Group Aoe fighters.
Emei: Can never have enough. We have enough.
Zypher: Have two. Both are garbage at the game. Roll em.
Harmony: Worthless. Don't Roll.
Infinity: Really fun 1v1 arena pvpers. Does little in Group pvp. Roll em and fight me for entertainment.
Shaolin: Most full of poo poo loving class there is. Roll em literally. No poo poo they roll and gently caress poo poo up.

I can't stress enough how much we need Tongs for Wars. They literally have a pocket chaingun. They excel in all things crazy.

Also stop reading the OP because we gave up being serious with this poo poo day 1.

Now commence the wining about how I made fun of your poo poo class and quoting my bullshit.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Aug 4, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aleth posted:

I don't know if this refers to Suzera and her kfp addiction or me and my endurance pills.

Ill leave that one up for you to decide. Pick the one that makes you blush and carry on.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

You didn't mention Sun/Moon, is that any good?

I don't like enabling HyC. Roll it if you wish Assassin's creed had a baby with God of War.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

HyC is the most incompetent inept, unskillful, unskilled, inexpert, amateurish, unprofessional, bungling, blundering, clumsy, inadequate, substandard, inferior, ineffective, deficient, inefficient, ineffectual, wanting, lacking, leaving much to be desired; incapable, unfit, unqualified; informaluseless, pathetic, ham-fisted, not up to it, not up to scratch, bush-league, Warmaster ever.

Give me back the stick I'll go bat hobos with class like god intended.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

Leaders can kick 5 people per day, so we are slowly making room.

HEY LEADERS KICK MORE PEOPLE OUT.

I would but when I hover over you face the kick is greyed out.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I have officially beaten this game.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

This game really fucks you with the gaps that can be caused by not only level but gear and gems as well. We have seen a level 55 guy eat entire skill rotations from five level 60+ goons and he just shrugged most of it off. Get your set items and gem them really is the determining factor to open world pvp. The arena scaling throws everything out of whack with its messed up scaling that dumps player stats depending on school where a tong can hit a Shaolin with tons of attacks at minimal damage but if the Shaolin hits him he breaks like glass.

So yeah if you want to stay on top and survive your best bet is to hunt for set items in the market stalls while running mirage cave constantly for unbound money and the chance for a good gem.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

No More Heroes posted:

How do you get your infamy down? I saw a pile of bots all clumped up and bugging out and couldnt resist so I wasted them all :unsmith:

I killed so many bots when running Mirage Cave that my infamy hit the cap of 999 and I got the cheevo for it. The downside is that I did that about 3-4 days ago and my infamy is currently at around 350. You slowly lose infamy while logged into the game so you have to idle somewhere. I have also heard that it ticks down faster when in a non city/school zone as well as if you are killed by an avenger player. I have yet to test or track this theory.

Do not go on a bot killing spree else you will be red for nearly a whole week and if you log out then it will never go away. Game is 100% gently caress you don't mass kill bots or people in the open world.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Actually I had a big job come up and spent my little time at my computer watching the CSGO Tourney. I am quite sure Swordsman is done with me as I am with it. I set up my bot in the dungeon about six times now and got killed within a half hour by pkers. Looks like I am completely blocked from the only form of experience gain in the game for me. Seeing as how I can no longer progress that is about it for me.

For anyone wondering at around level 65 things like bamboo only give about 3% of a level and guild events are about 1%. This game really bends you over if you can't access the dungeon to set up a bot. The best part too is that even if I cleared to 70 the issue would just persist given how many people I have pissed off. I could set up the bot outside in a normal farm and burn 200 drive and world energy and get about 10% if I am lucky but that just puts my leveling at 10 days of literally not playing and just botting gets me one level. gently caress that noise I am out.

Edit: Also I am not playing Archeage until that poo poo launches. I am in enough betas right now with The Repopulation Alpha being at the top of my list. It is amazing to talk to the lead dev in threads and in game where as most games I play I am lucky to see a news post about what they are working on.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 18, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Aleth posted:

At it's heart it's a fun game but once you hit 50 it starts to slow down and by the 60s it becomes a slog to get anywhere which is why if you look at the leaderboards you see so many of the early leaders all crashed in their mid 60s. Look at the guild lists and you can see a similar pattern with guild activity dropping off considerably in what were some of the more lively guilds.

And yeah, as Drinkfist points out if you get bored of the grind and decide to have some fun in open world PvP/botmurder you gently caress yourself over with infamy and will struggle to find anywhere safe enough and worthwhile enough to bot in, taking away the slow passive level/gear refinement option.

I still have infamy by the way. Two weeks ago I hit 999 and have only killed about 3 players in cold blood after that. No amount of "Bot PKER" tags or anything prevents people from attacking my bot on sight as well as Deity Alliance being the last playerbase to hold out and they got me on their top shitlist.

I would love to play this game but I have angered the playerbase so much that it is impossible for me to level anymore. I am not exaggerating this. I kid you not I cannot gain anymore levels in this game without at minimal 10 days for a single level in safety. I do not know how much harder the rate gets as I get higher but it looks like If I want to play to the level cap with the current math I have done and not knowing the increase in xp required for levels it is at a min 6 months away for me. If they raise the level cap to the cap that the china version is then I will have to probably play for a full year.

The saddest part is that I am still one of the highest level goons in the guild remaining even taking the week off from leveling because of finals and work.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Well you didn't get banned you just made the game unplayable for yourself. You kept up with "there's no going back now" approach you were talking to me about with MMOs you play

True this is a failure of my own making. But I did have fun doing it. Which in the long run is all that counts.

Flesh Forge posted:

Can you not make another character if you still actually want to play, I mean it takes about a week to get to 50.

gently caress no.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Haroshia posted:

This is exactly why I left. Quest XP dried up and I saw how little dailies were giving relative to how much was needed to level. A few mega guilds were keeping a stranglehold on dungeons, so our XP progression was hosed if we pissed them off, which we did.

No my dear Haro-chan.

I am the target, not "GoonTangClan". They made that quite clear with all the pm's and tracking attempts.

Edit: And gently caress you. We knew this game was poo poo from the start. It was a good poo poo. Like the kind you get after a Burger and salad. Comes out satisfying and wafts a hint of fresh produce.

You don't get to come back in here and spin your bullshit like there was a reason you left that wasn't me blowing your world up around you.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 19, 2014

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Oh wow, I think the burnout bug has bitten me too. I have no urge to play this game at all. I think my big problem is how rigidly stratified the content is, so you have people teamed in brackets and not very willing to step out of them. It's not even so much that the pace is too slow at higher levels (although it is) or that the hordes of gold farmer bots cut you out of many activities (although they do), it's mainly that so few people are willing to team with people who aren't almost exactly their level. Sorry Misbiopy!

RIP Rawdog, Kaballah and ImGei :smith:

Don't worry. The Grithok fan club will meet in another doomed MMO again for sure. There is plenty of poo poo games out there for him to go on a rant explaining how they work and make them sound so much better than they actually are.

In the meantime while I am waiting for the inevitable steam message from fuckface I will be playing Path of Exile on the Hardcore league and Xcom Ironman Classic runs.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

90% of goons that say they want to play a permadeath MMO in fact do not. Get the gently caress off my grill if you can't handle the rollercoaster ride. I am trying to eat the bugs as they hit me in the face.

If you want to know how to handle this poo poo then do the following daily:

Put a single white rock in your Wheaties every morning and eat most of that poo poo.
Break your Car's gas gauge.
Write out a letter about how much you hate someone close to you and keep it in your pants pocket. Bonus points if you cut a hole in that pocket intentionally.
Dangle knives above your bed using duct tape on the ceiling and fishing line. Write "gently caress God" on your windows and keep them fully open. Let him prove himself with a gust.

That is how you can get as hardcore as I am.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Misbiopy posted:

Goon presence is pretty much just me at this point, but if anyone at all is interested in the game now would be a pretty decent time, because the Labor Day Weekend promotion they just put up is basically upending the entire gem market.

The camel is slightly faster than the standard horse, not as fast as the Hero Pack horse. The supreme tiger crates are like the tiger crates except not garbage, because they actually have tigers in them, and when they don't have tigers they have good stuff like level 3 kung fu pills.

So the camel which is (in china) and was (In NA beta) in the curiosity merchant for unbound currency is now packed away into a the cash shop. Get in now boys this looks like it can only get better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Alienware is giving away a companion for this right now, if anyone still plays it.

It doesn't even show what the loving companion is in the Alienware page. I put money its a small child called small child.

Swordsman Online posted:

The first expansion coming to Swordsman this fall will be one to sharpen and hone your blade for! In it, warriors of the cut-throat martial arts world will experience a new zone, increased level cap, story continuation, and more, shaping it to be an exciting update to the Jianghu world.

Good loving lord they are doing an expansion that raises that level cap. If they had any players left then they just beat them to death with hammers.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/swordsman/news/detail/7004513

• Locked thread