Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
I just couldn't get that hop over the bumps. By far the most frustrating thing on that track, in my opinion.

I made a canyon track because the car reminds of the coast car and I love that thing.

Diligent Plasma
Exchange | Steam

I have no idea if this is a good canyon track and, as usual, I probably have a horrible AT but I think it's pretty fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Thistledown posted:

I just couldn't get that hop over the bumps. By far the most frustrating thing on that track, in my opinion.

I made a canyon track because the car reminds of the coast car and I love that thing.

Diligent Plasma
Exchange | Steam

I have no idea if this is a good canyon track and, as usual, I probably have a horrible AT but I think it's pretty fun.

I like it--it's a keeper for me! And your AT is pretty solid, because I haven't been able to get gold yet. I spent about 10 minutes on it, and the best I was able to do was 45 and change. There's something about that area around the third CP and the turn immediately after that that seriously fucks with my head for some reason. It took me about five runs to just get through it cleanly--I have major trouble judging speed/space there and when I need to turn. I think it might be something to do with the lighting/shadows, but I'm not sure. Anyway, not a complaint--I'm just curious if it affects other people the same way.

This track reminds me a little of a track I made a while back for canyon with a similar feel. You may enjoy it. :)

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/tracks/13095/sinuous

(And yeah, Coast 4 lyfe :hfive:)

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

aas Bandit posted:

Great job guys!

Yeah, I really enjoyed doing the vs. cams when 1st and 2nd were nicely close and nail-bitey. :)

Yeah, it's much more enjoyable!
And maybe this track was more competitive because it was all twisty and mazey, so even if you happened to crash on a wall it wouldn't really matter because there's probably an U-turn ahead anyway.

Derpetology was a loving meat grinder though. Much like in Baconic Rites and Datastream if you so much left the gas pedal for too long you were presented with subpar speed and awful trajectories for half the race.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
Just submitted a track for the Trackmania Exchange MTC (monthly track contest). The rules were that you could only use track parts that were 1x1 in size (i.e. none of the larger curves or other bits).

I think it turned out pretty decently...and the grass sliding section was partly inspired by Fill In The Blank's track. :)

http://tm.mania-exchange.com/s/tr/74824

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's always interesting seeing the battle of the Entropist ghosts, as they jockey for position and speed up or slow down in little ways.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
Sorry about the delay, but I've recorded all the remaining replays this weekend, so things should roll more smoothly now. :)

Here's one of the horrors that awaits you:

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

SupSuper posted:

Sorry about the delay, but I've recorded all the remaining replays this weekend, so things should roll more smoothly now. :)

Here's one of the horrors that awaits you:

A good gif.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

SupSuper posted:

Past the half-way point now!

Race 6: Eat Sleep Race Repeat

Video: HD ~ SD

Hah, I didn't realize I used the startline to finish the race, I just thought there were two exits to the level there. Neat.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.
It's a Christmas miracle.

Race 7: Depertology

Race 8: Goontrack 1

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Half-miracle.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, the Goontrack video doesn't seem to have been uploaded.

Unless :thejoke: ?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Hah, a good drift got GhettoWizard the win in the last turn on track 7! Nice duel

Strong Mouse
Jun 11, 2012

You disrespect us. You drag corpses around. You steal, and you hurt feelings!

RRRRRRRAAAAARGH!

Prepare to die!
That was a beautiful run by me on track 7. That was probably my 5th or 6th run total on that one, then I got busy for the rest of the week.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Glazius posted:

Yeah, the Goontrack video doesn't seem to have been uploaded.

Unless :thejoke: ?

http://lp.somesingawful.com/Trackmania/Videos/TMS8E8.mp4

Looks like someone typoed the season number when they uploaded it.

Eddy Rasta
Mar 9, 2008
Goddamn, I hated the latter half of Derpetology so much. For almost the entire track I was just behind Entropist, but in the Group A video you can see the exact crash that cost me everything right at the end. I was utterly done with the track at that point though. I could've had that one!

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Jabor posted:

http://lp.somesingawful.com/Trackmania/Videos/TMS8E8.mp4

Looks like someone typoed the season number when they uploaded it.
:argh:

Thanks, it's fixed now.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Since we're here why not play this track I finished up today.

Order #3

Also bonus stunt .gif

AtomicSX
Jan 10, 2007
Wow awesome duel for first on track 7 sabby and ghettowizard. You guys took completely different lines on several of those turns but never really gained or lost that much time against each other.

Also not surprised at all entropist took a huge lead less that 5 seconds into the goontrack haha.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

AtomicSX posted:

Wow awesome duel for first on track 7 sabby and ghettowizard. You guys took completely different lines on several of those turns but never really gained or lost that much time against each other.

Also not surprised at all entropist took a huge lead less that 5 seconds into the goontrack haha.
Just you wait for Goontrack 2. :v:

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
Glad to see I'm still just as awful as ever for Goontrack. At least it wasn't enough to, like, I dunno... roll the credits over or anything. That'd be embarrassing.

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

SupSuper posted:

Just you wait for Goontrack 2. :v:

Yeah, I genuinely lost my poo poo commentating that one.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I made a thing in Canyon: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=365373497

Direct link pending while TM Exchange refuses to let me upload tracks despite having an account and linking my MP account. :shrug:

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

And finally...

Race 9: Afghan Warcraft

Race 10: Goontrack 2

There's still the Bonus video to go :suicide:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
Yay, the tracks hard enough that you can watch me gently caress up in my part of the video!

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Hahaha, I completely botched(top ten wise) my Goontrack 2 run only to regain ten positions on the last loving jump. I thought I was hot stuff but it was just a decent run with a goofy finale. Seriously, I plonked awkwardy on the finish line with half a tire and that was it.
I already posted this but it sums up perfectly my emotions after that run https://youtube.com/watch?v=U3RogocRxEU

Tafferling fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jan 5, 2015

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey Teavian.

gently caress you.

Twisted Eye
Jan 6, 2011
haha dammit Entropist. I was so mad when it came time to race Goon2 and my starter section had been edited to remove like half of the intentional shortcuts, and you went and made another for yourself anyway. :arghfist:

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

SupSuper posted:

And finally...

Race 9: Afghan Warcraft

Wait, you could go behind that wall with the trees poking up through the track? I can't believe I missed that, those trees were the bane of many of my runs.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

I don't know if you planned this everyone, but at ~9:00 in the Afghan Warcraft video, five Entropists go upside-down to the timing of a cymbal crash-paired crescendo in the music. Well done. :golfclap:

Edit: vvvv Thanks! Was going off the video credits - says Sup did recording/editing.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 6, 2015

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font

Good-Natured Filth posted:

I don't know if you planned this SupSuper, but at ~9:00 in the Afghan Warcraft video, five Entropists go upside-down to the timing of a cymbal crash-paired crescendo in the music. Well done. :golfclap:

It's Grawl who does the music and Aas who does the cams.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

Good-Natured Filth posted:

I don't know if you planned this everyone, but at ~9:00 in the Afghan Warcraft video, five Entropists go upside-down to the timing of a cymbal crash-paired crescendo in the music. Well done. :golfclap:
If I had to time the music to the videos I'd only be done by 2016, so consider it a happy coincidence.

FillInTheBlank posted:

It's Grawl who does the music and Aas who does the cams.
Grawl is busy with work so I did the editing for the last 5 videos. If the music selection's been sub-par, now you know why. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Goddamn that goon track is ridiculous. But I like it for showing what to expect from TrackMania - you have to fall off things just right and be leaning at a certain angle to catch the road.

• Locked thread