Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Do you think I've got the goods Bubblegum? Cuz I am INTO this stuff!

Oh heck yes! I guess I need to buy TM2 now. Do car models from the first game still work in the second? I can't imagine a racing season without Santa and his reindeer riding along. :)

Also, count me in for the Goon track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I hate the feeling that I can do better, but after several hours of trying, I think I hit my wall. It was a great wall for my standards, so I'm not unhappy at all. But that Entropist finish line is just smirking at me smugly, and I want to hit it so hard...

What do you guys use as your determining factor on when to call it quits and not drive yourself crazy?

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Lowen posted:

Thanks whoever sent out the emails. I survived this thing back in 2010, so I'm definitely up for whatever gets thrown at me this year.

I remember feeling like a bit of a dick when I made the first 10 seconds of that course. Little did I know how much of a big bunch of assholes Goons really can be.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Check it out! Track 1 results are up!

Nice job on the site! Looks pretty.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Track 2 results are up!

I'll set up the global leaderboards soon.

18th two weeks in a row? That's an odd thing for me to be consistent about. Guess I'll try very hard to be average from here on out, and that's the only reason I won't be winning. :)

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Oh good. I'm out all week for business, so the extra day will really help me maintain my lower upper-class position. Thanks for being on vacation, Entropist!

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I can't tell if I should brake more often, or stop braking so much. Technical tracks are confusing. :psyduck:

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

SupSuper posted:

Edit: On another note, people who signed up for the Goon Track, remember to check your emails or you might get skipped over.

Oops. That was pointed at me. :ohdear: I'll have something back to you tomorrow.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I think my standings are going to drop after this and next week - had about 30 minutes tonight to get a time for Track 7, and will have about the same for Track 8 and Goon Track 1 next Sunday. Is it weird that I'd rather be at home playing Trackmania and not on an all-expenses-paid business trip?

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I was playing GT1 tonight, and my wife happened to be watching for a bit. I got to CVE's part, and she said "That reminds me of a nightmare I had one time." CVE, all I can say is :bravo:

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Grimwit posted:

:monocle: Woah, Taevian! Wow!

You may have just screwed everyone who didn't submit a time!

Edit: Yes. I just checked. You pushed my global position from 31 to 25!

He took a bullet for the rest of us slow, but loyal, participants.

I really hope the replay shows him pulling a decent time but stopping in front of the finish line for a full two minutes.

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

Really close all around! That was probably my favorite track of the season (outside of the Goon Tracks, of course).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good-Natured Filth
Jun 8, 2008

I don't know if you planned this everyone, but at ~9:00 in the Afghan Warcraft video, five Entropists go upside-down to the timing of a cymbal crash-paired crescendo in the music. Well done. :golfclap:

Edit: vvvv Thanks! Was going off the video credits - says Sup did recording/editing.

Good-Natured Filth fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jan 6, 2015

• Locked thread