Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Fetus Tree posted:

i wanted to be the geisha :(

E: but trixie can be uncle sam. you're just the photographe

Even better. I'll try to look like Wang in Caddyshack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Waltzing Along posted:

Maybe we could do this together. You could dress as a geisha and I'll dress as Uncle Sam. I'll gently caress you in the rear end in front of the memorial while screaming I'm sorry, I'm sorry!

If you're paying all my expenses you've got a deal.

Fetus Tree posted:

E: but trixie can be uncle sam.

This would be okay too. I could use a vacation tbqh.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpZbu7J7UL4&t=680s

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im definitely clicking a bunch of youtube links from a guy whose only posts are youtube links & a post saying how much this thread sux

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
A GIS for 'japan weird' will show everything listed in the OP.
And a lot of stuff you will want to forget.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Say Nothing posted:

A GIS for 'japan weird' will show everything listed in the OP.
And a lot of stuff you will want to forget.

What happens next? I'm asking for a tomodachi.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Trixie Hardcore posted:

What happens next? I'm asking for a tomodachi.
Um... Friendship Is Magic?

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Take a picture of yourself being a stupid loving human being. You don't have to wait until you go to Japan because you are one all day, every day.

Rabite
Apr 13, 2002

Dynamiet Rab
This thread sucks
U suck op
Baka

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This doesn't suck and I'm going and you are jealous so gently caress you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qol6T1ANuw

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Harime Nui posted:

Due hurr I'm gonna go to a country with 1500 years of civilization and some of the world's most beautiful natural environments I can't wait to hang around overpriced shops of otaku poo poo and watch orange women in Akibahara

Actually a lot of the neat old looking stuff is faked to look old and they've seriously hosed up a lot of the environment :smith:. However Shikoku is pretty nice and you might try walking the pilgrimage route that they have there for a day or two. The first day of the route has a free shelter for pilgrims to sleep and it's pretty doable on foot, it's a lot easier if you wear one of the blessed hats they sell at the starting temple since people will give you directions to the next shrine and go out of their way to help you. Also pilgrims often get discounts at hotels, I stayed in suite at a really nice beach resort for 50 bucks since I got mistaken for a foreign pilgrim (which is how I found out about the pilgrimage). I've only walked to like 20 out of eighty-eight temples but it's a pretty neat experience.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

do something positive for once in your life and blow yourself up in a place where they make anime

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Al Cowens posted:

No you're not and this thread sucks and you suck just stick to wandering around on google street view and blow your travel money on a gun to shoot yourself with.

wow you seem really angry about this, I hope you're ok

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
Take a picture of yourself beating some dolphins to death.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
watch out for ninjas

those guys are sneaky

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
a white person that doesn't make you feel embarrassed for them

Execu-speak
Jun 2, 2011

Welcome to the real world hippies!
Go to Miyajima and hike the track through the hills, it's pretty awesome (or catch the wire car like the obese goon you are).

Necros
Jul 23, 2003

go see that big hole where wolverine saved that japanese gyys life

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

I'm going to Thailand, too. But I don't think I can take pictures of a Ping Pong show.

Waltzing Along posted:

don't know the depths of insanity that awaits in the land of the rising sun.

You are absolutely the worst kind of tourist. You should be ashamed.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

gnarlyhotep posted:

wow you seem really angry about this, I hope you're ok
what gave you that idea huh

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Dynamite Dog
Dec 12, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

1 - Girl dressed as a nazi
2 - Man doing something really pervy..like trying to take upskirt camera shots, or skulking around outside a high school.
3 - A vending machine that sells panties.
4 - One of those super toilets that wash and blow dry your rear end
5 - A picture of a magazine stand with normal anime stuff being shown alongside hardcore shemale tentacle action hentai is a thing to look for (Courtesy of Japanese Phone Box)
6 - ???

So your vacation plan is to look for girls dressed as nazis, find a good place to shoot up skirt photos, find a panty vending machine, find some hardcore she male tentacle action and then scope out a high school? And when you're done ironically enjoying glorious Nippon you're jetting off to Thailand, where pervy predilections go to become felonies?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if you actually go to japan and do this instead of climbing mt fuji and checking out edo period castles and maybe going to that island that has all the cats/rabbits/deer kill urself

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

my vacation

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

stratdax posted:

You are absolutely the worst kind of tourist. You should be ashamed.

I'm still kinda torn as to whether OP is planning a "Make fun of the foreigns because I'm culturally bankrupt" tour or a "Thinly veiled sex tourism binge because I'm morally bankrupt" tour. Based on all the info he's shared so far I think it could go either way.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There is a drink they sell everywhere called Pocari Sweat. Don't buy it because it tastes like poo poo.

They have these restaurants called Mongolian grills or something like that where there is a grill in the middle of the table and they bring you a huge plate of meat and you just grill it yourself. They're hella good you should go to one.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

They have these restaurants called Mongolian grills or something like that where there is a grill in the middle of the table and they bring you a huge plate of meat and you just grill it yourself. They're hella good you should go to one.

Is this a joke post?

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.

Hector Beerlioz posted:

There is a drink they sell everywhere called Pocari Sweat. Don't buy it because it tastes like poo poo.

It's a brilliant scam really. Come to our restaurant and well let you do the cooking.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Another good place to see in Japan are the imperial relics

They were touched by the gods op

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dynamite Dog posted:

So your vacation plan is to look for girls dressed as nazis, find a good place to shoot up skirt photos, find a panty vending machine, find some hardcore she male tentacle action and then scope out a high school? And when you're done ironically enjoying glorious Nippon you're jetting off to Thailand, where pervy predilections go to become felonies?

Wow, you're a loving moron. Since I am going to be there a while, I thought it would be fun to put together a scavenger hunt of strange photo ops that you would only see in Japan. So if I am wandering around somewhere and see a panty machine. Take a pic. Check off the list. But you can go gently caress off and die you idiot rear end in a top hat motherfucker piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Trixie Hardcore posted:

I'm still kinda torn as to whether OP is planning a "Make fun of the foreigns because I'm culturally bankrupt" tour or a "Thinly veiled sex tourism binge because I'm morally bankrupt" tour. Based on all the info he's shared so far I think it could go either way.

It's neither.

• Locked thread