Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 4 - Defense 1

"Thank you, Master Ti," Ghest replies, saluting before the troop heads down to the hangar. Once there, he nods to the clone pilot but will leave the explanation to someone who's better with people. Ghest critically inspects the Katarn-class armor, noting the similarities and-- importantly-- differences between it and his usual SCUBA armor. "Shouldn't be too difficult..." he murmurs, beginning to don the bulky suit. "Oof, this is heavy... won't be able to carry as much gear with us if there's gravity on the ship."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
ARC-4104 "Haven"

Haven nods to the pilot. "Well you're in for a treat. We need a flight of ARC-170s to carry us to a prison ship that's masquerading as a derelict craft, drop us off, and then serve as a distraction. Up for the challenege?"

Haven looks over the nearest ARC-170, then at the Katarn armor, then back at the fighter craft. His area of expertise was mostly ground craft and shuttles, flying an actual fighter would have wonderful. Unfortunately between the bulky armor and their equipment it didn't seem like he would be in the pilot's seat.

"These suits have mag locks, right?"

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

"They'd better, I can man guns but I'm not made for dog fighting." Firebeacon hefted his cannon, "we should probably see the Quartermaster before we go. We'll need to prep for speed and tight quarters."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Oh yeah, these suits have Mag Locks. You look like a bunch of crazy rear end torpedos hanging under the S-Foils, but we can get 4 of you on a fighter and delivered wherever you need to go pretty quickly."

The pilot looks at the few of you still waiting to get into your suits.

"Anyways, we'll get the techs to attach you once you're ready to go, feel free to take your time, I'm sure this isn't a rush or anything."

The Quartermaster is in the same place he was before, and he's got a few more weapons boxes that look strange as you approach him.

"Oh, you're back? Thats good, I hope the weapons worked out for you. I've got your special orders in, feel free to take a look and put a few rounds through them if you want. If you need any ammo or refills on grenades feel free to take some from the stores, the ground troops didn't really dent our supplies that much, and I figure you guys might need them more anyways."

Any special weapons or weapons/armor attachments you would like to have from any book you are now free to choose. Be sure to update your sheets. The previous Weapons lists are here. Please post what you're taking so I can okay it, there are still some things which I know are broken (such as Disruptor poo poo) that I'm not allowing.

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 24, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

As you stand around the Quartermaster, who looks rather bored since the Clones are deployed on the ground, the pilot approaches behind you.

"Are you boys ready to go? We've gotten launch clearance from command, we're all just waiting on you."

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Wounds 13/13 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 5

Lockdown steps up the quartermaster, smartly exchanging his starter gear for the custom set he asked for. As he moves to the side, he starts slipping into the Katarn armor. After a few minutes he snaps his helmet on and pressurizes the suit. The levels come up green, indicating a good vacuum seal. "All set here," he says, running his hands over his shiny new rifle mods.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 12/13 - Soak 3

Ghest is already clamped to the fighter, new rifle strapped to his chest. He gives the pilot a thumbs up.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
ARC-4104 "Haven"

Haven chuckles to himself as he locks himself to the underside of the ARC-170. "First time ever riding on the outside of one of these!"

Not sure what the explosive situation is, but I'll take whatever explosives I can get instead of the missile launcher.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

Firebeacon snaps the last clasp of the Katarn armor shut and affixes his cannon to mag points across his chest. With the new multi-spectral imaging system, the Z-6 looks almost comically ungainly but he hefts whole ensemble as though it were nothing. He positions him self under ARC-170, locking himself in, "Gives a whole new meaning to 'Live Ordnance' ah Boys?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

It is an intense series of moments as you are strapped to the fighters like torpedos. Some of you do not like the feeling of laying on your stomach, but you keep silent, as you are ARCs. The pilots of each fighter you are strapped to collectively make jokes about 'not trying to jostle you' so much, and then before you know it you're out of the hangar and into the darkness of space.

Below you can see the battle on Brentaal IV as if you had a birds eye view. The tiny island with smoke pouring out of the volcano is clear as day below the orbiting Gunslinger, and then you're off, accelerating at tremendous speed towards the distant Brentaal III.

Soon, the squad of space fighters approaches the belt surrounding the planet, and after a quick orbit, you can see the prison ship approaching closer and closer.

Once you are a few minutes from touchdown on the ship, the pilot messages you again. "Okay boys, last chance to change your mind, let us know where you want to be left off."

Feel free to make up some skill checks to locate the best entry points, or change your plans or whatever.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 4

"Hah! Ha ha!" Ghest barks in response to Firebeacon's joke, perhaps laughing more than it really warrants. The ship takes off.

Ghest does his level best not to throw up. If he were in control of his own movement through space, that would be one thing; being at the mercy of another, strapped to a fighter in the void is just terrifying. And nauseating. The clone is thankful for small mercies, though: no one can tell he's got bile rising in his throat and a cold sweat slowly soaking into the Katarn suit's liquid reprocessors.

Gulping down the sour fluid threatening to flood his helmet, he focuses his helmet's enhanced optics on the prison ship. "Hmmm," he transmits after a moment. "It looks like the hull has had some less than stellar repair work just over there, near one of our desired points of ingress. That might make our job easier." He transmits the visual feed to the pilot and the others. "What do you think?"

Scanning for Ingress Points (Warfare): 1eA+1eP+2eD 1 success

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Yessir, looking at the damage, it seems that the bridge doesn't have atmo due to a large gash just starboard of the command deck. Looks big enough to land a fighter in, if need be. Want me to get close and see if we can get a peek inside?"

How's things with everyone? We okay?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

My first attack must ALWAYS be a charge!
ARC-4325 "Stims"

"No... not just yet."

She leans forward scanning the side of the ship with a frown. "If I had a ship with it's bridge exposed like that, I'd station something to keep watch at the very least. Does this bucket of bolts have anyway of detecting energy signatures? See if there are any droids lurking in the dark?"

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

"Yeah I think I can do something about that... Maybe if I used the torpedo tracker to read... Hmmmm... Hold on, let me make another pass "

The snubfighter lurches as another run is made over the giant ship's bridge, and the hear a series of lock on noises come from the pilot's channel.

"Sensors are picking up 2 snubfighter sized power sources near the bridge, and not much else. But I don't think this will pick up individual droids smaller than a snubfighter. Let me know what you want me to do."

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

ARC-4325 "Stims"

"Alright hotshot," she says, concealing a smile under her helmet. "Bring us in closer. Nice and quiet. Let's see the bridge itself and find out what waits for us."

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

As the pilot slows the fighter down to a crawl and edges towards the bridge, the reason its currently unoccupied becomes apparent.

"Wow, yeah, there was a heck of a space battle out here. That bridge was disintegrated. I don't think anything living is in there. I wonder what those power sources were however..."

Just as he says that, two shrouds near the bridge pop free, and two starfighter sized crafts leap towards the trio of Republic Fighters.

The pilots scramble, yelling "VULTURES, SCATTER", and you, as "missles" attached to the fighters, start to feel the ill effects of being attached as the pilots start their wild manuevers.

This is not a combat for you, none of you (except Haven) are pilots, so all you need to do is survive.

Make a roll. Tell me how you're surviving. Some examples if you need inspiration:
Resilience to resist blacking out from G-Forces
Skullduggery to detach yourself from the fighter
Leadership to force the pilot to remember you're there.
Warfare to assist the pilot in chasing the droid.

These are examples, make something else up. Anything goes, the wackier the better. Everything is Difficulty 3 with one Setback.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
ARC-1987 "Scar"

Wounds 18/18 - Strain 11/13 - Soak 7

Scar's pilot attempts to evade the enemy star fighters. Realizing that his ship is not as maneuverable as possible due to the weight of Clone Trooper missiles. He attempts some evasive maneuvers but with all that G-force makes Scar pass out from it. Due to the strain of trying to shake the droid. Scar becomes detach from the fighter and floats to the enemy ship they were supposed to infiltrate. Unconscious and unnoticed it appeared as the pilot has yet to realize he lost one of his cargo.

Making sure not to black out from the G-Force: 2eP+2eA+2eB+3eD+1eS 2 failures, 3 advantage

OOC: Going to use my three advantage to just float to the objective unnoticed and hopefully alive. Unconscious so down myself by two strain at the least?

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

ARC-4325 "Stims"

Stims holds onto the side of the snubfighter as it engages with the fighter jets before it, her head already swimming from the maneuvers. The speed was far too much, she was not going to make it out. It was then that she saw the entrance to the bridge ahead of her.

"Hey! Pilot! We're going to try something different. On my count, angle yourself in the direction of the bridge entrance. I'm going to fling myself there. Three. Two... one... NOW!"

As she disables the mag-locks, she attempts to angle herself to land inside the bridge, hoping to slow her entrance with debris.

FIRE (ME) WHEN READY (Co-ordination check): 3eA+3eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage

I would say she bangs herself against quite a few things on her way in.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Wounds 13/13 - Strain 11/13 - Soak 5

Lockdown tags one of the Vultures with his optical scanner, a bright green circle flashing on the inside of his helmet. Helps to know where the bad guys are. He waits until the ARC flips inverted, putting the wing between himself and the droid fighter before detaching.

His armor shimmers for a second, before becoming black as the starfield, the onboard optical camoflauge system randomly placing bits of light to simulate stars.

Lockdown floats motionless for a moment, until he's sure the droid fighter doesn't notice him. He slowly unlimbers his rifle, lining up on the green circle as the Vulture and the ARC begin their dance with death. His G-suit releasing small puffs of propellent to keep him in one spot, Lockdown hopes it doesn't give him away.

Stealth check to be a sneaky mofo: 2eP+4eA+1eC+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

I upgraded the check because I'm trying to spoof droid scanners not mark1 eyeballs. i forgot the setback:
Stealth check to be a sneaky mofo: 1eS 0 successes

Taking 2 strain to Brace, as a manouver, as flavored above.

I know shooting at a ship is an order of magnitude more difficult, but could I called shot to somewhere important to give the ARCs an advantage? Next round, obviously.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Elendil004 posted:

I know shooting at a ship is an order of magnitude more difficult, but could I called shot to somewhere important to give the ARCs an advantage? Next round, obviously.

Yes, you can affect the story by shooting at the Droid Fighter. Feel free. Like I said, this isn't real starfighter combat that we're going through, so feel free to do something like this and have it effect something.

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 4

Ghest gulps as the fighter spirals into the fray. "Oh, dear," he murmurs, clenching his fists. Having no control like this is quite terrifying. The clone attempts to distract himself by pulling up a tactical display in his helmet. Maybe he can contribute some useful advice...

"Uh, try doing a barrel roll!" he suggests. "I hear that's a good move!"

Watch your six (Warfare): 1eP+1eA+2eD 1 failure

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

17/17 Wounds | 14/14 Strain | Soak 5 | Defense 1

The first hard bank away from the interceptors is sickening and Firebeacon's head rattles for a moment against the hull of his "transport". As the Vultures open fire, heavy laser bolts come within inches of hitting the ARC troopers attached to the Republic ships. Whatever low cunning the droid fighters possess keeps them below the 170's horizon and out of the rear gunner's sights. Roaring with frustration, Firebeacon swings his cannon up to bear. Taking a deep breath, he roughly compensates for his "transport's" evasive maneuvers. "You'll not have us without a fight, clankers!" he screams and sprays fire at the fighters. Hopefully the additional weight of fire will drive one of the Vultures off.

Maneuver to Brace and remove 1 Setback
Gunnery to attempt to drive the pursuing fighter off

Death of Ball Turret Gunner (Gunnery): 3eP+3eD 3 successes, 1 Triumph

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Scar posted:

Scar's pilot attempts to evade the enemy star fighters. Realizing that his ship is not as maneuverable as possible due to the weight of Clone Trooper missiles. He attempts some evasive maneuvers but with all that G-force makes Scar pass out from it. Due to the strain of trying to shake the droid. Scar becomes detach from the fighter and floats to the enemy ship they were supposed to infiltrate. Unconscious and unnoticed it appeared as the pilot has yet to realize he lost one of his cargo.

The pilot of the second fighter, not realizing what he is doing, flips his ship in a complex Frolov chakra maneuver, causing high G forces on ARCs attached below. The two ARC troopers, Scar and Haven, are thrown from the craft at high speed. The two troopers soon collide, the collision causes Scar to wake up from his high-G induced blackout, and he quickly regains control of his suit's thrusters. Haven's suit, however bounces off from the collision in a weird angle, and he travels at high speed away from the combat, heading out into deep space without so much as a sound.

Stims posted:

Stims holds onto the side of the snubfighter as it engages with the fighter jets before it, her head already swimming from the maneuvers. The speed was far too much, she was not going to make it out. It was then that she saw the entrance to the bridge ahead of her.

"Hey! Pilot! We're going to try something different. On my count, angle yourself in the direction of the bridge entrance. I'm going to fling myself there. Three. Two... one... NOW!"

As she disables the mag-locks, she attempts to angle herself to land inside the bridge, hoping to slow her entrance with debris.

Lockdown posted:

Lockdown tags one of the Vultures with his optical scanner, a bright green circle flashing on the inside of his helmet. Helps to know where the bad guys are. He waits until the ARC flips inverted, putting the wing between himself and the droid fighter before detaching.

His armor shimmers for a second, before becoming black as the starfield, the onboard optical camoflauge system randomly placing bits of light to simulate stars.

Lockdown floats motionless for a moment, until he's sure the droid fighter doesn't notice him. He slowly unlimbers his rifle, lining up on the green circle as the Vulture and the ARC begin their dance with death. His G-suit releasing small puffs of propellent to keep him in one spot, Lockdown hopes it doesn't give him away.

Stims and Lockdown's pilot quickly dumps speed and angles the nimble fighter towards the enormous starship's bridge. Stims is able to detach from the fighter and starts to move towards the bridge at a fairly high speed, however several small debris is able to slow her speed down considerably as she approaches the open bridge.

Lockdown detaches from the fighter and hits the suit's thrusters hard, coming to a relative stop. His optical camouflage then activates, and he becomes the night as he lines up his rifle with the droid fighter starting to gain the advantage on the ship that delivered the two of them to the prison ship.

Ghest posted:

Ghest gulps as the fighter spirals into the fray. "Oh, dear," he murmurs, clenching his fists. Having no control like this is quite terrifying. The clone attempts to distract himself by pulling up a tactical display in his helmet. Maybe he can contribute some useful advice...

"Uh, try doing a barrel roll!" he suggests. "I hear that's a good move!"

Ghest and Firebeacon's snubfighter pilot thankfully remember that the ARC troopers are attached, and do not do any wild maneuvers. However as the pilot is lining up the first shot on one of the droids, Ghest ill advised comment distracts the pilot's concentration, and the shot goes wild.

Ghest hears over the radio, "Do a barrel roll? What a child..." in a soft voice, and then the pilot speaks up in a louder voice, "Uhh, why don't you ARCs detach, I don't think you'll be much use..."

Firebeacon posted:

The first hard bank away from the interceptors is sickening and Firebeacon's head rattles for a moment against the hull of his "transport". As the Vultures open fire, heavy laser bolts come within inches of hitting the ARC troopers attached to the Republic ships. Whatever low cunning the droid fighters possess keeps them below the 170's horizon and out of the rear gunner's sights. Roaring with frustration, Firebeacon swings his cannon up to bear. Taking a deep breath, he roughly compensates for his "transport's" evasive maneuvers. "You'll not have us without a fight, clankers!" he screams and sprays fire at the fighters. Hopefully the additional weight of fire will drive one of the Vultures off.

Firebeacon's shot is successful. Not only does he track and fire upon one of the droids without any issues, his stream of blue blaster bolts from his laser cannon follows and splits one of the Vultures in half right down the middle, and he sees the droid halves separate before exploding in the distance.

The radio from the pilot lights up again. "Wow, that ARC just earned him a kill..." in the softer voice again before the louder voice speaks up again, "Huh, never seen a fighter explode from a hand cannon like that. Maybe you ARCs can turn the tide."

As he says this, the Prison ship's lights seem to turn on all at once, and the piercing light causes everyone to shield their eyes. You can't hear it, but you can certainly imagine the sirens and alarms that are going off on the inside of the ship.

So there are three fighters that carried you.

Fighter 1: Haven and Scar
This fighter's pilot made a bad turn that broke both of them free. Haven is flying off into the deep darkness, Scar is under control now.

Fighter 2: Stims and Lockdown
This pilot lined up and detached the ARCs from the ARC and now Stims is halfway to the prison's bridge, while Lockdown is camouflaged and lining up a shot on one of the Vultures.

Fighter 3: Ghest and Firebeacon
Ghest interrupted the pilot's first shot with some bad advice, but Firebeacon was able to line up his cannon and make it explode.

Watcher and Twangs, you can both attach yourself to one of the fighters above. If you don't post by the time I make my next post, you'll join Haven and we'll continue on without you.

There is 1 Vulture left, but now you see lights on the ship, and probably more will appear in the future.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Quickly assessing the situation from his relativley safe vantage point, Lockdown gets back on the comms, "Fighter 3, drop your ARCs, they'll be fine. The rest of you, bug out and take these Vultures on a wild goose chase. Keep em off us so we can get inside." He clicks his scanner over to track the movement of the friendly snubfighters then kicks his thrusters to get him moving towards the breach in the droid ship.

Lockdown flips over to the squad net, "Sitrep? Everyone whole? Looks like our two pronged plan's straight out the proverbial window."

Druggeddwarf
Nov 9, 2011

ARC-4325 "Stims"

"Flying high and Mighty, Lockdown. On course - ouch - for the - ugh - Bridge - ugh! - myself. Expected to - damnit - get within perimeter soon. Unsure of next course of action, but will let you know once - ah - I stop getting pelted with debris"

Stims angles herself once again, this time aiming the business end of her rifle away from herself, and fires, using the recoil to guide her to the bridge.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
ARC-3899 "Twangs"

11/11 Wounds, 13/13 Strain | Soak 4

Twangs had stayed pretty quiet on the trip back, the briefing, the trip to the Quartermaster, and then the clamping to the fighters. He had instead busied himself with smoking a nice victory t'bacc cigar, as was his usual custom, enjoying it in silence. At the Quartermaster he had replaced the pistol he'd loned to Scar with a DC-17m rifle, replacing some of the ordnance used but going lighter on the boom boom for this mission and heavier on the Ion... the mission would be a wash if they blasted out the prisoners into vacuum accidentally, but he had a feeling there'd be clankers that would need some scrambling.

His concerns were justified, he realized, as the ARC-170 that he, Ghest, and Firebeacon had been attached to now had the other Vulture drop in on its tail, clearly upset that Firebeacon had done a number on its buddy...

"Blasted clankers. Here's a freebie on me, boys, get that kill!"

He popped one of his Ion grenades off his belt and primed it, glancing down between his legs at the Vulture on their tail as a shot flew past... close one. Cocking his head slightly as he compensated for the fighter's juking, he hurls the grenade backward, straight at the droid fighter's "head."

Let's EMP a Vulture!: 3eP+1eA+1eC+2eD 1 success, 2 advantage

[[Used a Destiny to help with the Ranged- Light, and then upgraded the difficulty like because throwing a grenade at a spaceship!]]

The EMP silently detonates, the bright blue flash enveloping the Vulture and apparently messing up its guidance systems as it suddenly veered off at an angle, still powered up but not quite in control. Chuckling slightly to himself, Twangs glances left to Firebeacon and keys his comm, "Pilot, after we're clear, swing around and see if you can drop the three of us around back, near the engines. We've got some damage to do..."

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Oct 26, 2014

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fighter 2, flying behind Fighter 3, sees Twangs detach something from his belt and pelt it at the incoming Vulture.

When the grenade detonates, Twangs can see his ship swerve, banking to miss the now dead Vulture droid that so immediately stopped its engines and set a ballistic trajectory for the center of the system.

"By the immortal gods of the Sith, did you see that!?" the pilot shouts over the radio excitedly. "He took out that final Vulture with a Kriffing Ion Grenade!"

The pilot of Fighter 1 comes over the radio.

"Quiet Yellow 2. Yellow 3, go ahead and deliver those boys to the Engine, we'll keep a watch for any more Vultures and cover the ARCs entry into the Bridge unit, copy?"

"Roger, Yellow 1"

At that, the fighter carrying Twangs, Ghest, and Firebeacon peels off and heads towards the rear of the ship. Coming around, you can see that this section is now lit up as well, however rather than it being lit up by lights, it seems that the engine is activated.

The pilot sees a small hangar deck below the engine, large enough for repair droids... or ARC troopers in suits. He points this out to you as he flys by.

On the radio above the bridge, you hear Yellow Squad again, "Oh man, we've got a flight of Vulture's coming in from that large hangar on the wingtips, sorry boys, but theres more out here than we can fight off, I suggest you get inside quickly, we'll need to return to the Gunslinger and collect more squads before we can come back."

What do you do?

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Twangs pulls up the ship schematic from the briefing for a quick review before glancing to his left at Firebeacon, gesturing forward with two fingers and then checking the two quivers magged to his legs and all of his grenades while his suit runs its thruster diagnostics. When the green "COMPLETE" pops up in Aurabesh, he exhales slowly, keying his squad comm so only Ghest and FB can hear, "This is gonna be fun... saw something like it in an old holovid once... was a sequel remake about an engineered fella teaching some lovey dovey civ about war, but of course in the end he ends up being the bad guy for being loyal to his brothers. Buncha poodoo if you ask me. Original was way better."

He braces himself and swaps to the pilot comm, "All set here, thanks for the lift, gents. Now... FIRE ME, BOY!" He forces down the bile in his gut as the sudden lurch of being fired like a human torpedo threatens to black him out, the edges of his vision closing in as he struggles to focus on the hangar access and maneuver himself in.

[[Can someone roll Coordination for me? Or I guess it'd be some form of Piloting? On my phone.]]

Fuzz fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Oct 28, 2014

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 4 - Defense 1

"aaaah," Ghest whispers in his quietest voice, as the ARC twists into a new set of crazed maneuvers. Finally he's had enough, and as it so happens the pilots want him off anyway. Gratefully, he detaches his clamps from the fighter and squirts some air through the suit's verniers, carefully easing his way towards the hangar. Twangs streaks by him at high speed, and Ghest looks vaguely alarmed and concerned. "Uh... Twangs, make sure to... to slow down..." he suggests, puttering along like a grandma in a levi-scooter.

His concern for Twangs distracts him enough that his current vector is no longer valid. He sighs, reversing a bit and starting to re-calculate the whole approach.

Easing in, SCUBA-style (Coordination): 1eP+4eA+2eD 0 successes

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Fuzz posted:

[[Can someone roll Coordination for me? Or I guess it'd be some form of Piloting? On my phone.]]
Coordination: 1eP+3eA+1eB+2eD 3 successes, 2 advantage

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

"Can't get the drop on those clankers if we crawl in there, Gills!"

He buffets his thrusters, shooting toward the hangar at high speed, offering as small a profile as possible as he bursts the reverse jets just before hitting the mag shield, angling for the top of one of the standard Sep droid transports parked a mere 8 meters from the shield. He tucks his legs as the sudden addition of gravity to his slowed approach let's him hit the transport hull squarely, rolling to a quick stop and taking cover behind one of the ship's two dorsal fins, pulling his bow of his shoulder and drawing an arrow in one smooth motion as presses the tongue switch in his helmet to activate the scanner and pop a quick glance over the fin to see just how crowded this hangar was.

Hopefully none of the droids noticed his quick entrance...

[[On phone again, need a Perception roll with whatever bonus his helmet scanner gives. Using Advantages to have the droids conveniently oblivious in classic droid form.]]

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Lockdown jets slowly towards the gaping hole near the bridge, gun up and scanning. "I'm headed in towards the Bridge. Let the flyboys deal with the vultures, we got work to do."

Getting in close enough, he grabs onto a piece of twisted metal jutting out from the superstructre to steady himself. He peers in, looking for threats.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

As Lockdown enters the Bridge through a large tear in the hull, he doesn't see anything inside... nothing at all, strangely. No equipment, no consoles, no chairs, no bodies... nothing. Not even a spare display or loose wire, it seems that the bridge has been cleared out.

As Stims and Scar enter behind him, Lockdown turns on a torch and examines the bridge area more closely. He can see nothing at all indicating when the bridge controls were moved out of the bridge, however he can see that the blast door leading to the rest of the ship has been turned into a makeshift airlock. The controls on your side seem to be frozen, however as it was designed to be a temporary fix, its pretty flimsy.

You don't think your suits can fit through the airlock, however you could just tear it out and proceed in the armor if you wished.

What do you do now?

As Twangs, Ghest and Firebeacon enter the small droid hangar through the exterior maintance hatch, they hear Yellow squadron peeling away from the fight.

Inside the droid bay sits something you didn't really expect.... a full complement of nearly brand new R2 series maintenance droids, all of which are switched off. This isn't usually something you'd find on a centuries old ship, it looks like someone was planning to keep this ship up and running for some reason.

Luckily it looks like three droid cubbies are empty, and they have standard adapters that should fit your suit's hardpoints, making it much easier to remove the bulky space-armor. The interior hatch doesn't look big enough to squeeze through while wearing the suits, unless you were really really good with the controls.

An interior map of the ship shows you about 150 meters from Main Engineering, however it seems that the hatch is locked.

What do you do now? Standard 2 Diff for whatever with additional difficulty applied for whatever reason.

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

Moving quickly past the nearest row of astromechs, Firebeacon paused to think, "Hey, these droids are probably pre-programmed with ship schematics and access codes, right?" He flipped open a droid's front panel, "I bet if we can get a few of them active and working for us, we can get control of the whole ship."

(Computer) The old College Try: 2eA+2eD 1 failure

"Ahhh, yeah" he said, staring at the internal circuitry, "this is way beyond my area of expertise. Anyone else want to take a shot?"

Whycalibur
Oct 17, 2013

ARC-3267 "Ghest"
Wounds 14/14 - Strain 13/13 - Soak 3

Ghest putters into the droid bay and uses the empty cubby to strip out of his space armor. Never again. "That was nothing like an aquatic op," he mutters, turning to peer at the tangle of astromech innards. He has exactly as much success figuring it out as Firebeacon. "Sorry, nothing here."

Poking at astromechs: 2eA+2eD 1 failure

"Maybe we could try just turning one of them on?" he suggests.

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
ARC-1987 "Scar"

Wounds 18/18 - Strain 11/13 - Soak 7

With that hole into space, there is no atmosphere here. Scar began to wonder if the other side of the door had no atmosphere as well. He attempted to flip on to his scanner and noticed that it was damaged. It must have occurred when he bumped into Haven, who now was floating deep down into the darkness of space. "Guys, it seems like my sensors are down. I do, however, suggest we blast through this door and take down whatever is on the other side."

Checking to see what's on the other side of the door: 2eA+2eD 3 failures

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

As Firebeacon and Ghest tear one of the R2 units apart, they hear a low thrumb spread throughout the ship. A few seconds later, all of the astromechs, except the one that is in pieces between the two of them, of course, spring to life and start chittering to each other. They then unlock from the droid harnesses, and quickly move to the R2 sized droid elevator at the end of the room, shooting up and quickly leaving the three of you in the room alone.

Scar peers through the temporary airlock, attempting to see whats on the other side. However it seems that the airlock has been here for some time, as a large buildup of spacedust blocks his vision into the area beyond the exposed bridge.

Stims and Lockdown, still examining the now empty room, don't really find... anything. Its almost as if they aren't even there!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

ARC-3899 "Twangs"

Twangs stows his bow and takes out his toolkit, stepping past Firebeacon and Ghest, who were messing with the droid's drive motivator for some reason, and crossed a few connections on the main control board, the droid springing to life and its translated beeps and warbles being transmitted to text on Twangs' bracer. It slowly started it's little rocker-walking across the room to a data port a bit slow since it's drive motivator was now shot and it couldn't just roll there anymore.

"Anyone feel like picking it up and giving it a hand?" he offers, shrugging as he examined the Droid chute followed by the exit to the room.

Reprogramming R2 Unit: 1eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes, 1 threat

Not Keyser Soze
Mar 7, 2007

Endless Celestial Sex
ARC-4190 "Firebeacon"

Slinging his cannon, Firebeacon hefts up the squat little droid and it briefly squeals in impotent protest. "You just watch, this little guy's gonna come in handy." He places the droid gingerly next to the data port and pointed to Main Engineering. "Go on then, " he says tapping on the door, "get it open for us." While waiting for the droid's reactions he turned back to his squad mates, "Maybe he can open the way quietly. If it takes too long then, by all means, blow the door. Twangs, any room for a trooper in those chutes? They might run to a few key decks."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

ARC-1984 "Lockdown"

Bridge

He contemplates his ability to slice the door open, quickly dismissing it offhandLockdown gently pushes against the door, testing it. "Cover me." With a groan he grabs the handle and cranks up the power armor, straining to breach the door.

I upgraded for power armor, but also took a setback for bulk, felt right.

Punchinate the door: 1eP+2eA+3eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 threat

• Locked thread