Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Sorry, would love to play but I just don't have time. Please give my spot to someone else.

No worries, hope all is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Playing a game while running another? Why I never!

Sign me up.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

No worries, hope all is good.

Yes, just not a lady of leisure anymore, aka back at work after holidays.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

If still need one more, I will hop in!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All right, we are good to go! I'll start getting role PMs out soon and once there's a decent number of confirms D1 can get started. In the meantime I ask you, is there an X-Men villain lamer than the Locust?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Forearm. He has four arms.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Rarity posted:

All right, we are good to go! I'll start getting role PMs out soon and once there's a decent number of confirms D1 can get started. In the meantime I ask you, is there an X-Men villain lamer than the Locust?

Clock King was pretty lame. And the X-Men had to bring in Hawky to take him out, so that was even lamer.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

I am going to :goonsay: anyway and say that Clock King is pretty great. Especially that Batman the Animated Series episode about him.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

I am going to :goonsay: anyway and say that Clock King is pretty great. Especially that Batman the Animated Series episode about him.

Pretty great, huh?

Well, what do you think about this!?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

That is a costume that screams "let's have a good time." Tell me you wouldn't go to a party at that guy's house.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Dr. Hurt posted:

"let's have a good time."

That one hurts me. So, so much. I think I need a doctor.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Meinberg posted:

That one hurts me. So, so much. I think I need a doctor.

Yes?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Oh my god make me a serial killer so I can murder both of these guys.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yo.

Asiina posted:

Oh my god make me a serial killer so I can murder both of these guys.

Rude.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys, I have my role PM.

Hey guys, I'm town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, I'm town.

I don't believe either of these statements.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Hey guys, I'm town.
are you a hero?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

bowmore posted:

are you a hero?

Yep. I'm pretty darn heroic.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
God, finally Rarity gets around to giving me my role.

It's alright, I guess.

I suppose.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Hi I am Morph the miller.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo
Confirming that I got a PM.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

mr.capps posted:

Hi I am Morph the miller.

##vote capps

Murder all millers

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Well not really Morph since that is an Exiles guy but Changeling.

My PM references the issue where professor x dies but it turns out to be Changeling masquerading as Professor X.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Spoilers!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
All role PMs are sent out! D1 will start when I've had a decent amount of confirmations or when I go to bed, whichever is sooner.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

CommaToes posted:

Confirming that I got a PM.

People need to stop having avatars of actors of Parks & Rec because then I can never vote against them.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Asiina posted:

People need to stop having avatars of actors of Parks & Rec because then I can never vote against them.

If it helps you any, just think of me as Ben from the first couple episodes where's he's a jerk.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
Confirmed. Also, I'm deeply upset with my role PM, as Rarity clearly gave me the photo of Mimic, but my role is not Mimic. I demand to be made whole on this; I'm Mimic, but because of lovely editor interference, I've forgotten who I am or how my power works.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
My character isn't even the guy featured on his cover. It announces some other guy and then is all "oh yeah and then this guy is there too I guess :shrug:"

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Byers2142 posted:

Confirmed. Also, I'm deeply upset with my role PM, as Rarity clearly gave me the photo of Mimic, but my role is not Mimic. I demand to be made whole on this; I'm Mimic, but because of lovely editor interference, I've forgotten who I am or how my power works.

Whoops, fixing this now. Apologies.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

Meinberg posted:

##vote capps

Murder all millers

Have you ever played in games with millers before and, if so, which games?

I subconsciously use my mimicry of Prof. X's powers to compel you to tell me the truth, while not knowing I do so because Bob Harras has introduced the retarded "Amnesiac Mimic" storyline to appease Jim Lee.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

Have you ever played in games with millers before and, if so, which games?

I subconsciously use my mimicry of Prof. X's powers to compel you to tell me the truth, while not knowing I do so because Bob Harras has introduced the retarded "Amnesiac Mimic" storyline to appease Jim Lee.

I probably, I don't even remember. That vote, though, is meant to be in good humor, since D1 hasn't even started yet.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Probably have that is.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Confirming and also I am on vacay I Paris until Sunday night so don't expect great things from me until then. Or after.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
it would be cool if i was cyclops

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Confirming that the X-men are pretty rad!

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Confirminnngg

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

quote:

Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters
Westchester, NY
October 19, 1962

'To me, my X-Men!'

The thought echoed through the building, louder than a shout. And in his office, Charles Xavier waited. The sound began quietly, a low rumble that slowly rose into the steady thump of his students rushing through the school. Charles remained seated patiently. The danger was grave but it was his task to remain calm. For the sake of the world, he had to be.

The loud babble of thoughts prepared him for his students' imminent arrival. A few seconds later, the door burst open and they flooded into the room.

“We're here, Professor,” Scott announced. His mind felt tense, rigid as a board.

“Indisputably so,” Hank agreed.

“What's the matter, Professor?” Jean asked. “I can sense your worry.” Charles muttered a silent curse. Ever since she had started to develop her telepathic skills it had gotten a lot harder to keep secrets. Preparing himself, he began to relay the bad news.

“You are all aware of the crisis currently occurring in Cuba, correct?”

“Of course,” Warren replied.

“Yeah,” Bobby said, “We pretty much spend every day hoping the Commies don't blow us up.”

“It's not the Reds we need to be concerned with,” Charles interrupted. “Magneto has returned.” He paused to allow that revelation to wash over his students, feeling their shock rush through them. “The Brotherhood have taken control of Camp Anadyr, a Soviet military base in northern Cuba. This base currently holds over one hundred nuclear warheads.”

He didn't need his mutant powers to know what his students were thinking as they glanced at each other, each gripped with uncertainty and fear. All save for one.

“We'll stop them, Professor. We always do.” Charles smiled. Scott would never stop proving himself suited for leadership.

“I have every faith in you,” he said. “In all of you. But this may be the gravest threat Magneto has ever posed. I believe we should contact our friends. There is no shame in calling for help.”

“We have many allies,” Warren agreed.

“Gather them. Gather them all.”

quote:

Camp Anadyr
Artemisa, Cuba
October 19, 1962

“Gweheheh, this is wonderful. Only you could achieve such greatness, Master!”

Magneto sneered. “You are a snivelling wretch. Of course you could never comprehend such achievements.”

Toad ignored the insult. “Over one hundred nuclear warheads, all primed and ready to be unleashed on humanity. Only we will survive and then we can rule over all.”

“And then I can rule.”

“Yes, yes, of course, Master!”

The pair walked through the silo, surveying every warhead in turn. Magneto smirked at every one. Toad was worthless garbage, but he was correct. One hundred nuclear missiles targeting U.S. soil. The government would blame the Soviets and retaliate. Humanity would pull the trigger on the end of its own existence, leaving none but homo superior. Only he could have accomplished such a feat. The X-Men would come for him, of course. They always did. But plans were already in motion. They would be dealt with, as would their friends. A loud crash interrupted his musing.

“Who was that?” Toad gasped, “The X-Men?”

“Have no fear, fool. I invited a... guest.”

The ground began to shake as a large, lumbering figure approached. Toad shrunk back, holding onto Magneto's cape for safety. The figure came to a halt in front of Magneto, who stood there nonplussed by the new arrival. “You came,” he said.

“You told me I could destroy the X-Men.”

“You'll get your chance.”

“W-Wait, Master!” Toad protested, “You can't- can't mean to ally with him. I've heard of him, he's not even a mutant!”

“He's still a drat sight more useful than you, worm.” Magneto struck out a fist, sending Toad sprawling to the ground. “We share a common enemy, that is all that matters.”

Toad picked himself up off the floor. “But what if the X-Men stop him?”

“Haven't you heard?” the figure replied with a grin. “Nothing can stop me.”

quote:

The Pentagon
Washington D.C.
October 19, 1962

'Calm down, Charles, I believe you.'

Fred Duncan sighed as he rubbed his forehead. Having his brain invaded was rough at the best of times and these were definitely not the best of times. When Charles had first come to him for aid he had been sceptical but he'd seen for himself that the X-Men were needed. And now the X-Men needed him.

'You must tell your superiors. Magneto poses a threat to us all.'

'I will,' Fred thought back, 'But the political climate is tricky. There's more going on than you know. Relations with the Soviets are close to gone. There's been all sorts of lobbies in Congress. Look, an evil mutant is the last thing we need right now. I'll do what I can.'

'Thank you, Fred. I appreciate your efforts.' Fred sighed once more. He had to tell him. Charles had a right to know. Before he could think he was interrupted by his door bursting open.

“Who's that?” he yelled. “You? No!”

Fred reached for his pistol. It was the last thing he would ever do.

Eight Dollars a.k.a. FRED DUNCAN, X-Men Plot Device has been killed on N0. It is now D1. With 19 alive it's 10 votes to lynch.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Why does 8 Dollars keep dying in every mafia pregame kill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Quidnose posted:

Why does 8 Dollars keep dying in every mafia pregame kill

are you familiar with hickmans fantastic four and how reed richard's father was forced to fight all the alternative universe versions of him?

• Locked thread