Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

Maybe, I'll actually consider it after everyone claims. I still think Bowmore is the scummiest, but maybe I'll feel differently later.

No, it's not confirmed until TT flips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky
So we have 2 3p roles, which brings it down to 17 between town and scum. I find it near impossible for there to be only 3 scum total in the game, because that would leave 14 town, 3 scum and 2 3p. With all of the power roles flying around, I find it much more believable that there are 4 scum. I also find it likely that Commatoes is not town, and therefore a Godfather.

Keane, you know drat well that jailing punt and having him investigated isn't likely to work.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Hotel Soap is super proud of his little perfumed balls that never get dirty or stinky

King Burgundy posted:

Then why are you on Pmom?

I was on Pmom because of the possibility of ending up in a no-lynch. It was better to have a flip and eliminate suspicions on him than to let nobody get lynched.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

So we have 2 3p roles, which brings it down to 17 between town and scum. I find it near impossible for there to be only 3 scum total in the game, because that would leave 14 town, 3 scum and 2 3p. With all of the power roles flying around, I find it much more believable that there are 4 scum. I also find it likely that Commatoes is not town, and therefore a Godfather.

Keane, you know drat well that jailing punt and having him investigated isn't likely to work.

We wouldn't it work? You protect KB, KB investigates Punt, TT jails Punt.

Scum can kill you or TT in this case, in either case the flip is useful (Especially TT's).

Scum doesn't kill either we ask KB to give his result, then we ask TT to give his points received, then we ask Punt for his flavor. Ta-da! Punt can confirm TT's legitimacy, knocking both off as possibilities.

So we'd have seven left, with KB, TT, and Punt out (or TT or Punt in!), and boy howdy does the game look easier to solve.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

DGK2000 posted:

Right. I said a few posts back that I believe there to be 2 scum left.

I'm not ruling out that Comma is godfather. But it is unlikely I'll vote him today. It depends in part on his flavor claim though! :)

DGK2000 posted:

I was on Pmom because of the possibility of ending up in a no-lynch. It was better to have a flip and eliminate suspicions on him than to let nobody get lynched.

We still had plenty of time, and I'm not saying this would necessarily have worked out better for us(but it might have), but the votes were already there for Met too. And people had already said they would flip off Pmom to Met as time got closer.

I was shocked it took Met as long as it did to seal the deal with you all staying on Pmom.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

Because it looks like two protective roles stacked, but I'm not sure if a protective and non-protective would work.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I'm not ruling out that Comma is godfather. But it is unlikely I'll vote him today. It depends in part on his flavor claim though! :)

We still had plenty of time, and I'm not saying this would necessarily have worked out better for us(but it might have), but the votes were already there for Met too. And people had already said they would flip off Pmom to Met as time got closer.

I was shocked it took Met as long as it did to seal the deal with you all staying on Pmom.

I died. I'm dead. I'm playing the game as a spooky ghost.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Because it looks like two protective roles stacked, but I'm not sure if a protective and non-protective would work.

What?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I died. I'm dead. I'm playing the game as a spooky ghost.

Man, if you don't see how he could botch his flavor claim and make me want to vote him, I don't know what to tell you. This game is all about posting. That is a post. It is content. Stop being dumb.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

I tried to reply and unvote as soon as I saw him gently caress up his vote. Which by the way, who fucks up a vote with plenty of time left?

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

You know how jailers are supposed to work, right?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Scum can kill you or TT in this case, in either case the flip is useful (Especially TT's).

Scum doesn't kill either we ask KB to give his result, then we ask TT to give his points received, then we ask Punt for his flavor. Ta-da! Punt can confirm TT's legitimacy, knocking both off as possibilities.

So we'd have seven left, with KB, TT, and Punt out (or TT or Punt in!), and boy howdy does the game look easier to solve.

I'm ok with doing this.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

You know how jailers are supposed to work, right?

They don't block investigations, just night kills.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Man, if you don't see how he could botch his flavor claim and make me want to vote him, I don't know what to tell you. This game is all about posting. That is a post. It is content. Stop being dumb.

What, botch his flavor claim and use a fake claim?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

The fake claims we know are in this game based on merk's post?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CommaToes claimed to be an X-man! poo poo I GUESS HE'S LEGIT!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

Also, I guess you can jail yourself in games now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I guess we'll see who is right within a couple of days and then someone will have the last laugh. ;)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Also, I guess you can jail yourself in games now.

I've seen somebody jail themselves before, that's not striking me as particularly odd.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I guess we'll see who is right within a couple of days and then someone will have the last laugh. ;)

Yes, the scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

KB who is lying about their role among TT, Met, KB, DGK, and Myself.

There is guaranteed to be scum in this group.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I've seen somebody jail themselves before, that's not striking me as particularly odd.

In all of the games I have played, not once has a jailer been allowed to self-jail. But ok.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CCKeane posted:

KB who is lying about their role among TT, Met, KB, DGK, and Myself.

There is guaranteed to be scum in this group.

gently caress it, let's vote TT and ride out from there.

##vote TT

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

gently caress it, let's vote TT and ride out from there.

##vote TT

If I am correct about the number of scum, and they get a kill off tonight: 8 - Lynch = 7 - Kill = 6 = Game Over.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I mean by your logic, KB, one of the group of: KB, CCKeane, TT, Met, DGK is definitely mafia.

Who is the mafia in this group?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

If I am correct about the number of scum, and they get a kill off tonight: 8 - Lynch = 7 - Kill = 6 = Game Over.

You think there are 5 scum? Two scum flipped.

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

You think there are 5 scum? Two scum flipped.

Oh, I somehow missed Opop.

I think Met is the scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

DGK2000 posted:

Oh, I somehow missed Opop.

I think Met is the scum.

B-b-b-b-b-but if met is scum that would imply that mean ol' rarity gave scum fake claims...OF THE ORIGINAL X-MEN! HOW DASTARDLY!

DGK2000
May 3, 2007

CCKeane posted:

B-b-b-b-b-but if met is scum that would imply that mean ol' rarity gave scum fake claims...OF THE ORIGINAL X-MEN! HOW DASTARDLY!

I suppose this is aimed at KB, as I believe they have fake claims.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I mean by your logic, KB, one of the group of: KB, CCKeane, TT, Met, DGK is definitely mafia.

Who is the mafia in this group?

Met is the obvious answer, but I haven't ruled out yourself, TT, or even DGK. Maybe he is Mastermind and he has a role that lets him fake a night action to make me think I was protected by a doctor. Anything is possibly with enough wifom.

Punt, you've been around, who are you?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

You've made the point that she would have been stupid not to. :shrug: We'll see.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Met is the obvious answer, but I haven't ruled out yourself, TT, or even DGK. Maybe he is Mastermind and he has a role that lets him fake a night action to make me think I was protected by a doctor. Anything is possibly with enough wifom.

Punt, you've been around, who are you?

I'm Warren Worthington the 3rd.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Puntification posted:

Thank you sir. That just leaves Bowmore and Comma.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

Like TT jails Punt while you investigate Punt, and then ta-da, if you get a town result TT needs to say how many points he earned before Punt claims.

I'm fine with this.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Puntification posted:

sigh

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi TT, since you are around, who are your top two lynch targets?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Driving atm back 15 20

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Please don't post and drive. :-(

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted: