Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

King Burgundy posted:

I will answer this question after Bowmore comes back and contributes. And after we here from Met and DGK about their targets. I feel like if I keep responding to what I'm looking for, it just makes it easier for scum to satisfy me.

I'm super confused why no one wants to figure this poo poo out. :)

If you guys want to take other tactics to figure out the scum, like going back and rereading the thread for gotchas, by all means please do so. I'm not stopping you and it would actually be super helpful!

----

Going to drive home now, back after a bit.

I haven't ruled out that TT is lying about something. I've already said as much.

Tada!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

You believe that pathetic trickle of a post?

Ok, there are two people lying. Who DON'T you believe. Met is one. There has to be one more.

Right now I'm also willing to vote TT.

Cyclops has to be in the game and there's no counter. I don't like it but I need to jail him.

I don't know, I need to think about this more.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Has the problem all along been that you are brain dead?

Their lynch targets. Are you following the conversation at all?

King Burgundy posted:

DGK, are you still focused on Comma? Who would you vote today?

Bowmore, when you claim, why don't you speak up about who you want to vote today?

Met?

Seriously. Man. What is WRONG with you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm laughing at a scenario where KB, Merk, and Met are scum together :laugh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

You believe that pathetic trickle of a post?

Ok, there are two people lying. Who DON'T you believe. Met is one. There has to be one more.

Right now I'm also willing to vote TT.

Embrace the hate, KB

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'm laughing at a scenario where KB, Merk, and Met are scum together :laugh:

I don't think KB is scum.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

I don't think KB is scum.

No but it would be an incredible play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

I'd tip the hat, agreed.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

Maybe he is Mastermind and he has a role that lets him fake a night action to make me think I was protected by a doctor.

these bits were the only reason I got on that track. Not something I'd pursue but odd nonetheless imo

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

I seriously thought about how amazing this would have been on the way home while I was digesting who I wanted to vote for and who would be the most amazing scum. But the only way it could have been possible is if there wasn't a cop in the game to counter claim so that I could fake claim my way to victory. Or, if there was a cop that was really stupid and not countering me I guess. Also seems unlikely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

these bits were the only reason I got on that track. Not something I'd pursue but odd nonetheless imo

Didn't you confirm KB's role when you jailed him?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

How did the Mastermind thing twig you?

It's a legit worry. DGK voted PinMom in my mind against all reason. So I was trying to figure out how he could be scum if he doctored me. That was all I could think of. :) Seemed fun from a role and flavor perspective. Not sure if roles like that exist tho.

While we are talking about this, on the drive I also decided jailer would be appropriate for Magneto and that you would be the most amazing scum reveal still in the game, and I came around to being willing to vote you on the drive home. Your bowmore back off just made me more sure of myself. ;)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

King Burgundy posted:

Hi Bowmore. Still curious.

If you are really town, try and help us solve this. We have two votes left most likely. Not much time left to pull out the win.
Vanilla Town, hope you enjoy it

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

It's a legit worry. DGK voted PinMom in my mind against all reason. So I was trying to figure out how he could be scum if he doctored me. That was all I could think of. :) Seemed fun from a role and flavor perspective. Not sure if roles like that exist tho.

While we are talking about this, on the drive I also decided jailer would be appropriate for Magneto and that you would be the most amazing scum reveal still in the game, and I came around to being willing to vote you on the drive home. Your bowmore back off just made me more sure of myself. ;)

Yeah DGK could be scum, I wouldn't write him off entirely.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

bowmore posted:

How does this make sense with TT's claim and rarity's statement that VT wouldn't get flavor for a visit?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

How is that helping us Bowmore. If you are really town, who do you think is scum and why? I mean, obviously your judgement is crazy bad in this game if you really are town, but it still doesn't help town for you to post 6 word posts and disappear.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

It's only that the best lies have the most convincing truth. For all I know you as Mastermind could choose to be a godfather type qwuality and make it come back xavier. Very unlikely seeing as I need to jail xavier but for a moment I did a usual suspects type montage in my head

More sure in what capacity?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

CCKeane posted:

How does this make sense with TT's claim and rarity's statement that VT wouldn't get flavor for a visit?

Toad wouldn't have received one either, I don't think it's a thing

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's only that the best lies have the most convincing truth. For all I know you as Mastermind could choose to be a godfather type qwuality and make it come back xavier. Very unlikely seeing as I need to jail xavier but for a moment I did a usual suspects type montage in my head

More sure in what capacity?

More sure of being willing to vote you. Your bowmore back off seems way weird and scummy to me considering his posting seems more like defeated scum at this point. This is how the scum in my lego mafia acted when we finally decided to vote them.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think TT might be Magneto

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

bowmore posted:

Magneto makes way more sense as a jailer than Namor. Easy to say in retrospect but we should have been way more suspicious of the convoluted nature of his claim. This is the right choice I think:

##vote Taste

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Puntification posted:

Magneto makes way more sense as a jailer than Namor. Easy to say in retrospect but we should have been way more suspicious of the convoluted nature of his claim. This is the right choice I think:

##vote Taste

Also makes sense for him to be bulletproof.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Because for what it's worth TT is confirmed BP.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Got a flavor claim, Bow?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Because for what it's worth TT is confirmed BP.

Yup.

I'd advise no one to hammer anything for another day or two though.

But right now, I'm totally seeing it.

I'd still like to hear about other people's targets, and hear more in general from the quieter supposed members of our town.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Got a flavor claim, Bow?

He claimed cyclops.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

Got a flavor claim, Bow?

He claimed Cyke without ever saying the name. He apparently has to pay by the word for his internet.

Are you caught up on the thread?

Who are your scum targets?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

My role necessitates a cyclops' existence in the game.

there is no other cyclops claim

bowmore is cyclops

I don't care if he's a super-SK, I'm not voting him while I still need 6 points and he gives me 4

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

bowmore posted:

BTW, thank you for reading up 9 posts and parroting my thoughts.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Met posted:

Got a flavor claim, Bow?

come onnnnn

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tremendous Taste posted:

My role necessitates a cyclops' existence in the game.

there is no other cyclops claim

bowmore is cyclops

I don't care if he's a super-SK, I'm not voting him while I still need 6 points and he gives me 4

So your theoretical plan now would be to jail bowmore and Punt for the next two nights?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

King Burgundy posted:

He claimed Cyke without ever saying the name. He apparently has to pay by the word for his internet.

Are you caught up on the thread?

Who are your scum targets?

Comma, TT, Punt, Bow

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

King Burgundy posted:

So your theoretical plan now would be to jail bowmore and Punt for the next two nights?

If the writing's on the wall that town doesn't believe me enough for that time I'd take a swing at a fake-claim for magneto but yes the above should work

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Met posted:

I agree with Bryers and then he changes his vote to me. Interesting.

I don't much care participating in the GBS-Lite spam especially when I'm online all day and every time I look at this thread it has another 100 new posts.

Being a dick early on isn't so great for day phase but it does keep you from getting randomly night killed which will help get me through down to the end when there's fewer people, which is far easier to pick out scum based on vote histories and choice posts.

Telling you all of this hurts this game for me, but I'm not too stressed about this one. Go nuts.

Hi Met, do you remember this post? Supposedly your whole game was about waiting for endgame and then doing the real research and cases when you have a lot to work with.

Do you want to do any of that now? Or are you also paying by the word? We have probably two votes left, now is the time.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Does Punt have a claim?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Met posted:

Does Punt have a claim?

Angel.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

If you want to lynch me on my win condition, that's your business. But Met has been posting like scum all game and he's easily a better lynch.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I have another post to make with my thoughts at the moment, but I'm holding off till we get some more posting from our slackers.

But this at least I want to prod again:

King Burgundy posted:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Cyclops has to be in the game and there's no counter. I don't like it but I need to jail him.

I don't know, I need to think about this more.

Have you thought about this some more TT? Who else besides Met do you think is scum/lying about who they are?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you want to lynch me on my win condition, that's your business. But Met has been posting like scum all game and he's easily a better lynch.

We can't afford a mislynch. Removing you from the equation is, at the worst, a guarantee of extending the deadline before we're totally hosed by having a non-town majority.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

I have another post to make with my thoughts at the moment, but I'm holding off till we get some more posting from our slackers.

But this at least I want to prod again:

Have you thought about this some more TT? Who else besides Met do you think is scum/lying about who they are?

Actually this is a good post and a legit point that I overlooked, TT has to think people are lying.

• Locked thread