Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

CCKeane posted:

IRL or in the game, because I am known to be a scoundrel and blackguard in personal life.
I'm so white and so harmless I smoked Marlboro Light 100s for five years before I thought to try a decent cigarette.

...and I always dispose of my cigarette butts properly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Poison Mushroom posted:

I am exactly as much of a scum as you are, CCKeane. So the real question is this: Are you scum?

How would you know the relative scumness of someone else unless you had some insider information?

How's THAT for deductive reasoning?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Poison Mushroom posted:

I'm so white and so harmless I smoked Marlboro Light 100s for five years before I thought to try a decent cigarette.

...and I always dispose of my cigarette butts properly.

Thank you for not littering, that is one of my top pet peeves.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

CommaToes posted:

How would you know the relative scumness of someone else unless you had some insider information?

Hahaha, this is a good point. I'M LOOKING AT YOU POISON MUSHROOM LOOKING AT YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

CommaToes posted:

Shut up. Shut up is how.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...
My scumtell is to bus the poo poo out of my teammates and still win. Examples: Battleship Mafia, Toon Noir

##vote Meinberg

After research, Meinberg's played in 3 games where there were millers or miller claims:

In addition, his "I get voted out early as scum" is a bold-faced lie.He's usually alive late in games, even when he's scum. While I was flipping through his games looking for miller claims, I noticed games like 40K above or his SK loss where he stayed in the game until late.

His tone's off, and he's presenting bad information. I don't think he was honest in saying what he thought his scumtells were. I don't think the miller vote was just a joke, and I think he backed off of it because I called him on it. Dude's scum.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Oh you, Byers. :allears:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Devil's advocate counterargument, from the last game I was in with him:

Meinberg posted:

Come on guys, you know this. I'm terrible at playing scum. I mean, I'm bad at Mafia in general, but even worse at being scum! There's no way I would have survived to MYLO if I was scum.
He was town in True Detective.

It's entirely possible Mein is just saying he's bad at scum because that's what he actually does honestly believe.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Confirming that I have the dumbest hero name ever and also that you are all loving nerds.

Are you Maggot? You're Maggot, aren't you?

Meinberg posted:

Oh you, Byers. :allears:

See the emote? The ultimate scumtell! I hear Magneto makes all of his Acolytes use allears at least once per gameday.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Byers2142 posted:

My scumtell is to bus the poo poo out of my teammates and still win. Examples: Battleship Mafia, Toon Noir

##vote Meinberg

After research, Meinberg's played in 3 games where there were millers or miller claims:

In addition, his "I get voted out early as scum" is a bold-faced lie.He's usually alive late in games, even when he's scum. While I was flipping through his games looking for miller claims, I noticed games like 40K above or his SK loss where he stayed in the game until late.

His tone's off, and he's presenting bad information. I don't think he was honest in saying what he thought his scumtells were. I don't think the miller vote was just a joke, and I think he backed off of it because I called him on it. Dude's scum.

Ho ho ho, this is a good post and one I am inclined to agree with!

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

You referenced my game! :love:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

You referenced my game! :love:

Yep, I linked my most recent and my favorite scum game.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So Byers/Meinberg confirmed scumteam?

Yay easy games!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Hey guys.

I'm town.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
How can I believe you when you're confirmed scum, Meinberg?

How?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Just realized I never explicitly said why his history was important. he treated this miller claim differently than in the past, where he was town. I think he was setting up the usual D1 miller lynch, looking for an easy and defensible mislynch.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I like Byers case a lot. It makes sense, uses past information, and fits in well with how Meinberg would act as scum. (I assume, I don't think I've ever played with Meinberg but I drink a lot so who knows.)

What are everybody else's thoughts?

Right now, I would vote Meinberg.

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

So Byers/Meinberg confirmed scumteam?

Yay easy games!

If Meinberg flips scum, you're basically saying I had the balls or the lack of brains to admit that I bus, link games where I heavily bussed, and in the same post bus the poo poo out of a scumbro?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

Just realized I never explicitly said why his history was important. he treated this miller claim differently than in the past, where he was town. I think he was setting up the usual D1 miller lynch, looking for an easy and defensible mislynch.

Byers look at me. Look me in the eyes. We've been through some stuff man. We lived through the downfall of Africa together. We got screwed by some terrible awful people and died a sad pathetic death.

You can't lie to me, we've gone through too much.

Tell me straight.

Are you scum?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Are you scum?

Nope.

But I really, honestly, truly, deeply think Meinberg might be. It's a lot of gut, but the history checks out.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Byers2142 posted:

If Meinberg flips scum, you're basically saying I had the balls or the lack of brains to admit that I bus, link games where I heavily bussed, and in the same post bus the poo poo out of a scumbro?

Absolutely yes 100%

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Yes, clearly that vote I made before the start of the game on a fellow I've been known to crack wise with and about is a sincere reflection of my own personal beliefs. You've caught me, my attempt to make humor was actually a thinly veiled disguise for an attempt to launch a turbo on capps due to my nature as an insidious scum.

Good game all, Byers got me.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, I'm with Mein on this. I don't like him taking a pretty obvious jokevote so seriously as the cornerstone of a claim. I also don't like how unnaturally Byers forced the game out of jokephase, either.

##vote Byers Beware

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Asiina posted:

Absolutely yes 100%

I'm actually flattered you'd think I would try that.

Meinberg posted:

Yes, clearly that vote I made before the start of the game on a fellow I've been known to crack wise with and about is a sincere reflection of my own personal beliefs. You've caught me, my attempt to make humor was actually a thinly veiled disguise for an attempt to launch a turbo on capps due to my nature as an insidious scum.

Good game all, Byers got me.

That's a lot of words to deflect a case that you say is baseless.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

That's a lot of words to deflect a case that you say is baseless.

Well, you used a lot of words to make your baseless case, so I figured I'd meet you on level ground.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
Hey guys (I'm currently in canada at a conference and may be a bit absentee until monday apologies in advance).

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
We have internet in Canada!

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Psh. There's no such thing as Canada. :911:

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Poison Mushroom posted:

Yeah, I'm with Mein on this. I don't like him taking a pretty obvious jokevote so seriously as the cornerstone of a claim. I also don't like how unnaturally Byers forced the game out of jokephase, either.

##vote Byers Beware

I disagree it's an obvious jokevote; capps made a serious miller claim, and Meinberg responded with the usual miller vote response. What's the joke? He only fell back on it as a joke after I pushed him. I don't care if it was before D1 started, it was after PMs were received, and the game was in play. He tried to play it cool and keep heat off of him, same with his response to Keane. It's scummy behavior.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Asiina posted:

We have internet in Canada!

I didn't bring my smart phone and only have internet in my room, my flight on sunday is more than 24 hours. I like your new avatar btw.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Puntification posted:

I didn't bring my smart phone and only have internet in my room, my flight on sunday is more than 24 hours. I like your new avatar btw.

ty ty

It was a gift!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Byers2142 posted:

I disagree it's an obvious jokevote; capps made a serious miller claim, and Meinberg responded with the usual miller vote response. What's the joke? He only fell back on it as a joke after I pushed him. I don't care if it was before D1 started, it was after PMs were received, and the game was in play. He tried to play it cool and keep heat off of him, same with his response to Keane. It's scummy behavior.

Wait, you think that capps' claim was serious? I mean, it could be. But I take everything that capps says with at least three or four layers of ironic detachment.

The same applies to Keane.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That was some really nice digging but I don't think it really makes a worthy case tbh

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Wait, you think that capps' claim was serious? I mean, it could be. But I take everything that capps says with at least three or four layers of ironic detachment.

The same applies to Keane.

I am post ironic. I am super into everything I say.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Tremendous Taste posted:

That was some really nice digging but I don't think it really makes a worthy case tbh

This man knows what he's talking about.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

CCKeane posted:

I am post ironic. I am super into everything I say.

The death of irony is the birth of sincerity.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

mr.capps posted:

are you familiar with hickmans fantastic four and how reed richard's father was forced to fight all the alternative universe versions of him?

:golfclap:

merk posted:

I am an X man of X-Men fame. Professor X is a cool guy but I'm the smartest of the men, oops the X-Men.

There is actually an X-Men character named X Man unless :thejoke:

Byers2142 posted:

Are you Maggot? You're Maggot, aren't you?

Maggot is from Gen X. :colbert: That's post the Lee/Kirby timeframe. If there is Maggot then I petition to be modchanged to Quentin Quire.

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Tremendous Taste posted:

Byers just wanted to show off all his cool detective skills and impress the thread. Who does he think he is, X-Force Detective Agency?

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Note: Byers if you are Jamie Madrox the Multiple Man then I forgive you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

I like Byers case a lot. It makes sense, uses past information, and fits in well with how Meinberg would act as scum. (I assume, I don't think I've ever played with Meinberg but I drink a lot so who knows.)

What are everybody else's thoughts?

Right now, I would vote Meinberg.

I really like it too. It is the only thing on the table I can find myself voting for at the moment. I have no qualms about doing so.

##vote Meinberg

Tremendous Taste posted:

I may be easily impressed, but for day 1 I'm super stoked to see that kind of effort. It certainly is the best case on the table currently, 1 out of 1. :)

• Locked thread