Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Sagebrush posted:

i have no loving clue why eπi = -1 but it does and it makes no goddamned sense why the numbers should be related like that. gently caress e and π

i discovered this on my own in 11th grade and got all excited and told my teacher what i'd discovered and how and asked him to explain it, and he was like "sorry, i know it's awesome, but i can't. try harder in class, get a phd like mine but actually use it and maybe you'll get your name in a textbook."
and i was like o_O
it kinda hosed me up for a few weeks and when i caught the flu TI-BASIC code i'd written trying to figure it out swarmed my vision in sickly black on greenish lcd.
you'd think in a sane universe all these numbers would be integers.
i don't even know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

Mr. Glass posted:

e seems stupid until it starts popping up literally everywhere

fuckin' e, man

Cazlab
Oct 25, 2003

i had been considering a future in maths, but euler's identity taught me that that way lay madness.

• Locked thread