Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...
ave satanas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Robo Reagan posted:

yes im sorry this is the forum where we lol at people who think they're cyber dragons, people who think reagan was christ, and people who can't look at a YT video of cats without being triggered

people are gently caress mothering retarded and i can see how they might not think it though unless a doctor sits down and tells them this poo poo

Robo Reagan posted:

unless a doctor sits down and tells them this poo poo

hey uh i have some bad news for u bro

this is what satanists want

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

CrowsNestMutineer posted:

Satanists sometimes do good stuff, like when they fight religiously motivated misogynist "informed consent" laws or troll fundamentalists who insist that their religion (but only theirs!) be enshrined in law, but if you actually read the tenets of LaVeyan Satanism, they're almost exactly the same as Randian Objectivism. And vice versa.

What I'm saying is that if you like Atlas Shrugged, you worship Satan.

john galt is literally an antichrist

that is to say he embodies the polar opposite of what christ stood for

so while rand paul openly endorses that poo poo, the catholic church is busy chasing after liberal nuns and faggots

:commissar:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Robo Reagan posted:

no, antichrist is the one person nobody would believe would be the antichrist according to the bible

so irl Reagan?

the idea that antichrist is an individual rather than a state of moral failure is a pleasant fiction brewed up by heretics in an attempt to deflect the accusation

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Kyrie eleison posted:

this is correct, there is no singular 'antichrist' in the bible, there are only antichrists who are people who preach a false gospel.

to be fair both paul and BoR mention a singular antichrist who will rise up against christ, but BoR is not literal and i wouldnt take paul at face value either

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Kyrie eleison posted:

i hate to be technical, but... the word 'antichrist' is ONLY used in the letters of john, specifically 1 john 2:18-23, 4:3, and 2 john 1:7. neither paul nor revelation uses that word. in other places 'pseudochrists' or 'false messiahs' or 'false prophets' are mentioned such as in matthew 24:24 and mark 13:22. paul talks of the 'lawless one' in 2 thessalonians 2. the bit in revelation 13 refers to the Beast as a singular entity but this is not the word antichrist.

and now im reading papers re: bible translations

biblechat is so much fun with you around :allears:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

milktwice posted:

satanists use contemporary issue to attention seek so everyone can see how they are sweet edgemasters in taking 'hail satan' to a new level

sorry that statue they commissioned is sicknasty

all sins are forgiven :regd10:

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

naem posted:

Why are goats evil again? They seem pretty chill

jesus said a thing once, unwashed peasants and barely literate texan conmen dont get nuance

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

This seems like more words than necessary to describe one group of people

only one of the two groups has ever touched a bible

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Kyrie eleison posted:

it is 666 in most manuscripts but 616 in a few. most scholars think it is a numerical reference to a roman emperor (nero), and that may be true, but i have a personal theory that 666 is also an intentional reference to Solomon (!) who received 666 talents of gold a year in taxes (1 kings 10:14) and lived an extremely lavish lifestyle with many wives and consorts. this is the only other place in the bible this distinctive number is mentioned, and solomon, though he built the first temple and is commonly praised and regarded as very wise, is condemned by god in the bible in 1 kings 11:1-13, and blamed for the split of the kingdom. he committed THE chief sin: infidelity to god, idolatry, such as following the idols of Astarte and Milcom, and even building worship sites to Chemosh and Molech!

given how much jews and early christians loved their numerology, i can totally imagine the writer(s) realizing that 666 can refer to two assholes and fistpumping ever so slightly in the name of the lord

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Christian uses hobby lobby thread to troll Satanists

Kyrie is a 9 Dan Poe

he knows exactly how the worst kind of vatican apologist sounds

he even got the whole cite-who/cdc-against-condoms thing right

10/10 would get trolled again

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Who What Now posted:

Watching you dig a hole deeper and deeper about how you know nothing about statistics is the best thing I've seen today.

im dead serious that is exactly what vatican apologists with a soul(read: ones who think niggers are people) sound like

its amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GROVER CURES HOUSE
Aug 26, 2007

Go on...

Literally The Worst posted:

progressives: bigger assholes than the people who want to restrict the rights of others

you tard

why cant you just be tolerant of my religion :qq:

but not the ragheads gently caress those guys you can keep hatin em

• Locked thread