Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
Asomovian androids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

vyst posted:

I want to be augmented.

I'm asking for this.

go talk to a surgeon and get boobs/bigger/smaller boobs

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

its always really dumb when you have cyberpunk people being all broody about their sweet robot arms or their awesome robot legs or their washboard robot abs, same poo poo as when vampires get all :qq: about being immortal in movies and stuff. being immortal would own. having robot arms would own. immortal robot arm+leg+abs having vampire would be the owningest but i don't wanna dream too big you know

what if you just did robot brain and cloning?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

redshirt posted:

A cure for male pattern baldness.

just become a woman, problem solved. i mean then you'd just have female pattern baldness.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

runupon cracker posted:

None. A lot of today's tech is yesterday's science fiction, our productivity has skyrocketed as a result, and we're still killing ourselves working ridiculous hours in a capitalist society. Even if I could, say, teleport instantly from my house to work, that would mean everybody else could, too, and we'd be forced to work longer hours to compete. Honestly, I'd rather have the relative peace and quiet of the 20-minute commute from my house in a rural community.

Sci-fi and fantasy worlds may sound cool and exciting, until you realize that, regardless of what reality we live in, we'd still have the same drat problems, just in a slightly different configuration. "Hey, we're flying through space at 5 times the speed of light! Oh poo poo, I'm late for my meeting with upper management, hope I don't get fired and ejected into the nearest star while they replace me with a harder-working clone."

edit: yes, I am great fun at parties, why do you ask?

you should of just said the creation and use of weapons that set our technology back 100 years.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
is it acceptable to say i'd like it if our world just became rifts because it'd make life far far shorter more interesting.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

Like yeah on some levels some of the wanky sci-fi tech wouldn't really change all that much because it'd still be in a society that doesn't use tech to ease burdens, just to increase productivity but also some of it would def. change the way the world worked as a whole. like capitalism would fall apart overnight if some dude invented a replicator (and then we'd all die in replicator wars i guess)

wouldn't it be like uh the third kind the PKD story?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

amityville anus posted:

that chick with 25 boobs

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
cloning to create a new underclass. so all non clones can live a life of luxury.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
school that works. talking dogs? biopunk< just go to the doctor and have them make you grow 2 new hands over night?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
mind prison, make some live there sentence out in 5 mins and have it feel like 100 so we don't waste tax dolars on locking people up.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

BoredDG posted:

A Corporation nation. And I don't mean a country run by corporations, I mean "The Republic of Wal-Mart". I just want to see how that would work. Like, are all citizens considered employees? what happens if you get fired?

you never get fired from a company you get promoted to customer..

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
how would it benifit the super rich if i cybernetically enhanced my cat and entered her into death cat fighting?

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Pththya-lyi posted:

rich people get the best available fighting cats and augment them with the best available cybernetics and dominate the death cat fighting circuit

i figured this would be like cock fighting where you try to take all your poor friends money by killing their pets, in an abandoned barn.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
anyone say everything made out of cheap full memory materials so we never have to buy anything twice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
legal no side effect drugs

• Locked thread