Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

death of all humanity except for jonathan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

runupon cracker posted:

None. A lot of today's tech is yesterday's science fiction, our productivity has skyrocketed as a result, and we're still killing ourselves working ridiculous hours in a capitalist society. Even if I could, say, teleport instantly from my house to work, that would mean everybody else could, too, and we'd be forced to work longer hours to compete. Honestly, I'd rather have the relative peace and quiet of the 20-minute commute from my house in a rural community.

Sci-fi and fantasy worlds may sound cool and exciting, until you realize that, regardless of what reality we live in, we'd still have the same drat problems, just in a slightly different configuration. "Hey, we're flying through space at 5 times the speed of light! Oh poo poo, I'm late for my meeting with upper management, hope I don't get fired and ejected into the nearest star while they replace me with a harder-working clone."

edit: yes, I am great fun at parties, why do you ask?

yeah but can you put your dick in your phone yet

• Locked thread