Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
It's August somewhere in the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

namesake posted:

I've scoffed at this change in threat level; our national security isn't under threat, our national interests abroad are.

You don't think Westerners coming back from Syria/Iraq after fighting with ISIS are a threat? They've not been exactly kind to local Syrians and Iraqis either.

Edit: personally I don't like the idea of Europeans killing people in foreign countries, whether they do it for their national armies or for ISIS.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 29, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ThomasPaine posted:

Getting the facts right and trying to understand people does not equal defending them

If he became a British citizen, what prevented him from being tried for treason?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah, I doubt even UKIP nutters think ISIS poses any threat to "Western civilization", nobody wants to the ones to die in the odd bombing, though (+ the political consequences).

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Aug 30, 2014

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
They don't like being called stupid and ignorant either (even if it's true).

• Locked thread