Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
One Pigeon
Jun 21, 2013

Has anyone got any further info on this article?
http://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/nun-tears-down-jihadi-flag-after-it-appeared-at-gates-of-tower-hamlets-estate-9656920.html
Someone just posted it on my Facebook but my bullshit detectors went off when I saw that it was from the Standard but also after reading the opening lines
containing the word "similar".

Edited for being written rather badly on my phone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

One Pigeon
Jun 21, 2013

KKKlean Energy posted:

Without asking people who believe that to be the case I can only guess, but I reckon it's something along the lines of (a) the childless are selfish because their parents sacrificed a lot to have them, and they're opting to end the family line just so they don't have to make the same sacrifices, (b) the same, but with regard to society, country, or humanity rather than just parents, or the rather ill-thought out (c) i'm suffering so you should suffer too :qq:

Incidentally, I recently got married and we have opted not to have kids. If we could afford to have kids and still have sizeable income left over, we probably would, but doing so in our current situation would leave us with no spare money. One of my colleagues came back to work from maternity leave and said something along the lines of "so you're married now, when are you having kids?" to which I said something along the lines of "we're not having kids, we're going to spend our money travelling instead". She didn't really comment, but I got a vibe of "oh well gently caress you then".

I know your pain.

I got married last year and am frankly bored of the 'when are you having kids then?' line.
I'm often tempted to just say 'we won't because I'm infertile' and see the reaction.

My brother in-law even started the day after the wedding, with some 'see you next year for the christening' schtick. Which is wrong for so many reasons I'm not even going to point out, even if his slightly drunken intentions were good.

• Locked thread