Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

jax posted:

As a fellow destroyer of small electronics I admire your initiative op.

But it was still dumb as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grack
Jan 10, 2012

LastInLine posted:

There is no way anyone is this stupid.

I think you underestimate just how stupid someone can be.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Although if any oil does gets stuck, you can just immerse it in water to push the oil out.

And then WD-40 for the water. I mean, that's what WD-40 is for, right?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

hotsauce posted:

Hay guies. I dropped phon today.

Will Nokias warrnty this? I opnd to see wat waz insids b4 mailing back to Finland (Redmond, actually).

I know for a fact they won't notice. I'm carefuls.

Thx in advancers.

Looks fine

Though you gotta get your dick pics off of there by any means necessary. That's what'll void your warranty fastest.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

iajanus posted:

Yeah, I got my Z1 replaced under warranty because water inexplicably got into the camera lens.

Actually, that's not entirely true - the work order that came back said they'd sent me the same phone, but had replaced basically every part, including the screen, back panel, mainboard, buttons and microphone. New IMEI, too. Wonder if it's just their way of saying it's a totally new device (although I really hope someone actually pulled the entire thing apart and replaced everything in sequence.

Same power and volume control buttons. Gotta save money somewhere.

Dessert Rose posted:

You said it was a "waterproof phone", right? Like, I would think you'd have a pretty good case for warranty replacement in event of water damage.

Maybe the OP tried to take it swimming.

• Locked thread