Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Marching Powder posted:

in their home country, when they are the only fighter from it who's any good?

Neil Seery will make you eat those words

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008

1st AD posted:

How many 2-0 fighters who have been out for a year are headlining cards?

After a brief wiki'ing.... Lim Hyun-Gyu :colbert:

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

1st AD posted:

How many 2-0 fighters who have been out for a year are headlining cards?

Cung Le except he's 2-1

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Bubba Smith posted:

Neil Seery will make you eat those words

Yup.

The only reason they did a card in Ireland after years of nothing is because of Conor, because he talks good and does media appearances. Yes winning fights is important, but it's less important than you think if you have a personality that people are interested in. Chael Sonnen should be evidence enough of that.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Captain Log posted:

Ok, I'll open this can of worms but I loving honestly want to know. My knowledge of anatomy and whatnot is abysmal.

Yes, yes it is.

quote:

Gina always has trouble making weight. She is well endowed. Is there a way to specifically target her chest to cut weight?

No.

quote:

Does that effect the weight cut?

No.

quote:

I ask because Gina has looked shredded at times and still been over the weight limit.

So has Anthony Johnson.

quote:

How do boobs come in to play here?

They don't.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Stoven posted:

After a brief wiki'ing.... Lim Hyun-Gyu :colbert:

Replacement for Jake Ellenberger.

masato tatanka posted:

Cung Le except he's 2-1

Cung Le is actually, surprisingly, popular for reasons unknown to me and he also just coached/hosted/directed/produced a season of TUF in China.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I guess because of his Strikeforce fights like the Frank Shamrock one not that I've ever seen those, and he's in movies which I haven't seen and when he destroyed Rich Franklin which I'm not sure if I actually saw or if it was a fever dream.

Stoven
Feb 11, 2008

1st AD posted:

The only reason they did a card in Ireland after years of nothing is because of Conor, because he talks good and does media appearances. Yes winning fights is important, but it's less important than you think if you have a personality that people are interested in. Chael Sonnen should be evidence enough of that.

Chael got his shots because he won fights against the top contenders, or because the top contenders turned the shot down. Connor will have to beat a few really good fighters to get a shot, he isn't skipping the line. I thought the part of the point of the fight night cards was to have crappy home town fighters get a draw in new markets?

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS

masato tatanka posted:

when he destroyed Rich Franklin which I'm not sure if I actually saw or if it was a fever dream.

Oddly enough I had the same fever dream but I came to the conclusion that it was definitely not something that happened.

Julio Cesar Fatass
Jul 24, 2007

"...."

Dangersim posted:

Oddly enough I had the same fever dream but I came to the conclusion that it was definitely not something that happened.

I will hold the K-1 san shou fight he did in my heart forever, no matter what you lying liars say about his later work

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

-Atom- posted:

There is literally no loving way Carano is fighting anyone other than Honda.

I agree although a tune up does make sense. It's been five years and previously she could not even make a tailor made higher weight limit without stripping completely nude on the scale. Odds are Gina would beat a Sheila Gaff level can but I can't imagine them matching her with a strong wrestler like Carmouche before they get their money fight.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

He's not wrong.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

fatherdog posted:

Yes, yes it is.

No.

No.

So has Anthony Johnson.

They don't.

Thank you. I don't know things.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

attackmole posted:

He's not wrong.

Kennedy talked about how the 38 year old Special Forces guys would get steroids so they could still go shoot people in the face and he was ok with that but it's not ok for 38 year old Belfort to get roids to punch him in the face? Make up your mind, Tim

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
Women tend to lose boob weight when they lose weight but I don't think that has any application to a pre fight cut or really anything, except for the true idea that a fighter must give up their pride and vanity to attain true status as a warrior. Nick Diaz is literally going to beat Anderson Silva in a fight.

Keven. Just. Keven
May 25, 2010

MY GOD. THE WILL... THE FIGHTING SPIRIT... JUST WHEN YOU THINK IT'S OVER, TSM COMES BACK STRONGER THAN EVER.
A woman in Mexico finds the face of Jesus in the stump of a tree and next to it another face she can't identify asking Jesus "where he is at." When the church comes to verify the second face has fled through the stumps back door and into a yard. In a grey world there still comes signs of love, for those who wish to Receive them.

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Cris Cyborg scoopin' out a little titty meat to make 135

e: Someone who never had problems making Light Heavyweight, Tra Telligman

Cool Post Beg fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Aug 3, 2014

Meowbot
Oct 12, 2005

I havent had a plrecription for my eyes in years so the other day I went and got a new one and it hasnt changed. The doctor was like why havent you seen us in 4 years? I told them im scared of op tomietris when the air shoots into your eyes and dilation. They told me my eyes cold get worse....

beggar posted:

Cris Cyborg scoopin' out a little titty meat to make 135

I didn't know who this guy was and read his story and that sounds horrifying. I don't know how he manages to stay at 233 with that.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
It was the only thing I could pay attention to when he fought, it was so bizarre looking.

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

Women tend to lose boob weight when they lose weight but I don't think that has any application to a pre fight cut or really anything, except for the true idea that a fighter must give up their pride and vanity to attain true status as a warrior. Nick Diaz is literally going to beat Anderson Silva in a fight.

Prefight cuts are mostly water, anyway, so boobs would be minimally affected. A dedicated long term dieting and weight training regimen will genuinely 'deflate' them since they're mostly fatty tissue, but you generally don't see that until they're at very low body fat percentages, like bodybuilders. Its why almost all pro level physique athletes have implants, to keep that feminine characteristic even at borderline dangerous bf% levels.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

you know what they say, with less boob weight comes better posture

individual865
Mar 26, 2007

Life on the outside ain't what it used to be.
So here's a :nms: set of pics and video of Joe Riggs's leg, pretty loving repulsive: http://dlvr.it/6VjYqG The part in the video where he talks about the door is stomach-churning too.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

I know you're all missing Carlos, so here's the young version being very violent to a tiny Japanese fellow.

http://youtu.be/kJDWYzX6sqE

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

beggar posted:

Except he fights at heavyweight...

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Keven. Just. Keven posted:

A woman in Mexico finds the face of Jesus in the stump of a tree and next to it another face she can't identify asking Jesus "where he is at." When the church comes to verify the second face has fled through the stumps back door and into a yard. In a grey world there still comes signs of love, for those who wish to Receive them.

hahahaha

freud mayweather
Jan 29, 2009

how does boob cutting effect a gal's SMV?

edit: terrible effect/affect error

freud mayweather fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Aug 3, 2014

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Could Roy Nelson benefit from the cutting of boob weight?

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Stoven posted:

Chael got his shots because he won fights against the top contenders, or because the top contenders turned the shot down. Connor will have to beat a few really good fighters to get a shot, he isn't skipping the line. I thought the part of the point of the fight night cards was to have crappy home town fighters get a draw in new markets?

I agree with you somewhat about McGregor (no doubt he has a huge hype train behind him but he's by no means "skipping the line" right now) but Chael got his shot against Bones pretty much entirely by trolling him on twitter.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
It was more the publicity after Jones refused to fight him at 151. Didn't Dana come out and say he got blown up on Twitter about it hence making the fight?

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Finally started watching TUF5. Man BJ is great, trying to get his picks by goading the other dudes. That loving horse..

Valeyard fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Aug 3, 2014

Gregor Samsa
Sep 5, 2007
Nietzsche's Mustache

Valeyard posted:

Finally started watching TUF5. Man BJ is great, trying to get his picks by goading the other dudes. That loving horse..

The high point of BJs career was mocking Andy Wang.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Gregor Samsa posted:

The high point of BJs career was mocking Andy Wang.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZ76VkRe-gA

Kurohashi
Sep 8, 2005

*waddle waddle*
The biggest complaints about McGregor isn't that he's getting a title shot or anything like that, but it's that he gets placed higher on cards (up to main event) than other fighters that are ranked/proven/paid dues/etc. Of course, this also does mean if all other factors were equal then he'd surely get the title shot over others (but he's not there yet). He surely might get fast tracked if timing was right for opportunity (1 or 2 contenders left and they are tied up and/or challenger got injured), but those complaints will come if that actually happens.

The reason why fighters are calling him out aren't just to send him to the back of the line, but moreso to piggy back off the hype he has and the card placement he'll inevitably receive so they themselves can receive that exposure. While it's up to them to make something of it afterward, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those guys calling him out went back to media radio silence hoping documentary cameras will make there way into their gym as they train humbly.

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Machida says he wants to fight in October, and specifically called out Luke Rockhold. That fight would own and should totally get made for that Brazil card with Glover/Davis and Aldo/Mendes on it.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bubba Smith posted:

Machida says he wants to fight in October, and specifically called out Luke Rockhold. That fight would own and should totally get made for that Brazil card with Glover/Davis and Aldo/Mendes on it.

I hope Luke ends up in an awkward staredown with Arona while he's in Brazil.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Kurohashi posted:

The biggest complaints about McGregor isn't that he's getting a title shot or anything like that, but it's that he gets placed higher on cards (up to main event) than other fighters that are ranked/proven/paid dues/etc. Of course, this also does mean if all other factors were equal then he'd surely get the title shot over others (but he's not there yet). He surely might get fast tracked if timing was right for opportunity (1 or 2 contenders left and they are tied up and/or challenger got injured), but those complaints will come if that actually happens.

The reason why fighters are calling him out aren't just to send him to the back of the line, but moreso to piggy back off the hype he has and the card placement he'll inevitably receive so they themselves can receive that exposure. While it's up to them to make something of it afterward, I wouldn't be surprised if many of those guys calling him out went back to media radio silence hoping documentary cameras will make there way into their gym as they train humbly.

I think Diamond DP has a fantastic chance of derailing the McGregor train for a bit. He needs to be humiliated. He'll come back and eventually do well, but I don't think he's ready for a really good fighter yet. I don't think Poirier has ever had a boring fight either, so it should be fantastic either way. If 178 somehow keeps all of the good fights that they have scheduled (Jones/DC, Cruz/Mizugaki, Kennedy/Yoel, Zingano/Nunes, Poirier/McGregor, Doomsday/Ebersole, Cote/Wonderboy, Green/Masvidal, Cerrone/?), it may be the best PPV card in a really long time. The undercard will be better than any of the recent Fight Night main cards at least.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Ariza posted:

I think Diamond DP has a fantastic chance of derailing the McGregor train for a bit. He needs to be humiliated. He'll come back and eventually do well, but I don't think he's ready for a really good fighter yet. I don't think Poirier has ever had a boring fight either, so it should be fantastic either way. If 178 somehow keeps all of the good fights that they have scheduled (Jones/DC, Cruz/Mizugaki, Kennedy/Yoel, Zingano/Nunes, Poirier/McGregor, Doomsday/Ebersole, Cote/Wonderboy, Green/Masvidal, Cerrone/?), it may be the best PPV card in a really long time. The undercard will be better than any of the recent Fight Night main cards at least.

Can we start calling Dustin Poirier "DDP"?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Bubba Smith posted:

I gotta admit I really like Machidas new attitude. At light heavy he was always toeing the old "i fight whoever UFC say" kinda poo poo, lately he's been good to go often and is actively picking dudes. I like it. Plus the handsomeness level of machida v rockhold is over 9000.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I like DDP but I think Conor beats him. That's probably the last easy fight for him at featherweight though, unless they get bulimic Diego Sanchez to make 145 or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

No.

1st AD posted:

I like DDP but I think Conor beats him. That's probably the last easy fight for him at featherweight though, unless they get bulimic Diego Sanchez to make 145 or whatever.

Yep. I like Dustin a lot and I give him a slight shot at winning this since Dustin has actually faired pretty well in the big fights. He got finished by Jung but that fight was insanity and he managed to survive 3 rounds against a sharp Cub Swanson. However, Dustin does get hit a ton in every fight and like you said, this is the best possible matchup for Conor to get a title shot.

• Locked thread